Throughout western Immoren the voracious swamp troll lurks in eerie bogs and marshes, waiting for prey to wander within range of its enormous, sticky tongue. At the critical moment it leaps forward, flicking its tongue with deadly accuracy and alarming strength to capture its victim and drag the meal into its voluminous gullet.
Weapons and Attacks
- Tongue Lash - Short range and low POW for a ranged weapon.
- Claw x2 - A pair of average P+S weapons with short range.
- Light Warbeast - This is a light warbeast and on a medium base. As such it has fury, gives fury when it dies, and can power attack where appropriate (but not trample).
- Amphibious - This model treats shallow water as open terrain while advancing. While completely in shallow water, this model gains concealment and does not block line of sight.
- Pathfinder - This model treats rough terrain as open terrain while advancing. While charging, slam power attacking, or trample power attacking, this model does not stop its movement when it contacts an obstacle.
- Dual Attack - This model can make both melee and ranged attacks in the same activation. When this model makes its initial melee attacks or a power attack, it can also make its initial ranged attacks. This model can make ranged attacks even while in melee.
- Regeneration - This model may be forced to heal a few damage boxes, once per turn.
- Snacking - If this model boxes a living model with an attack it may optionally remove it from play and heal a low, variable number of damage points.
- Swarm - Average cost Animus. Gain concealment, living enemies get a to hit penalty while near the caster.
Thoughts on Swamp Troll
Swamp Troll in a nutshell
The swamp troll is a warbeast that specialises in hunting enemy lights. It sees them, grabs them with its tongue, drags them back to your lines, and there you get to pulp them safely.
Combos & Synergies
Drawbacks & Downsides
- Why do you need a specialist in hunting lights anyway? Lights lose in brawls to both infantry and heavies.
- Its gun is worse than most of its rivals against both infantry and heavies
- It doesn't hit hard.
Tricks & Tips
- Use swarm to protect your allies
Comparison to Mk2
Theme Forces this is a member of
Other faction models
|Trollblood - Minion models (Edit)|
|Warlocks|| Bloody Barnabas - Calaban - Helga - Jaga-Jaga - Lord Carver - Maelok - Midas - Rask - Sturm & Drang|
Requires a 2+ warlock game
|Other Controllers|| Lesser Warlocks: Brun & Lug - Dahlia & Skarath - Rorsh & Brine - Wrongeye & Snapjaw
|Warjacks & Warbeasts||The minion battlegroup members you can include in a Trollblood army depends entirely on what type of model is commanding them. There are too many permutations to list here, please refer to one of the model entries above for full details of what minions it can control.|
|Units, Solos, & Battle Engines|
|Units||Bog Trog Ambushers - Croak Raiders - Bone Grinders - Brigands - Commandos - Razorback Crew - Slaughterhousers - Bokur & Swamp Shamblers - Gatorman Posse - Gobber Bellows|
|Solos||Mist Speaker - Bog Trog Trawler - Croak Hunter - Efaarit Scouts - Feralgeist - Witch Doctor - Gobber Tinker - Gremlin Swarm - Ogrun Bokur - Gobber Chef - Thrullg - Totem Hunter|
|Battle Engines||Meat Thresher|
|Trollblood - Theme Forces (Edit)|
|Band of Heroes - Power of Dhunia|