Swamp Gobber River Raider
|This server will go offline in September 2018. Please migrate to our new server, Warmachine University|
|For more info on why we're moving to a new server, check out the Brief History section on the new main page, and/or listen to episode 45 of the LOS podcast|
| If you have made an edit within the last month or so, please check the new server and see if it was copied by the autobot. |
You may need to copy-paste your work to the new server manually. Sorry.
Although many gobbers have gained acceptance at the fringes of society, swamp gobbers have always held a particularly unsavory reputation, and those who serve as river raiders among the pirate crews that prey on western Immoren are no exception. With rusted hooks, axes, and swords, they hack into their enemies with a savagery common only to the wilds.
|Swamp Gobber River Raider|
|Cost||4 (for 3 solos)|
|See also How to Read the statblock|
- Harpoon Pistol - 6" range, POW 10 gun.
- Reel In - When this attack hits an enemy model, immediately after the attack place the Gobber Raider anywhere in B2B with the enemy model.
- Poisoned Hand Weapon - 0.5" reach, P+S 6 melee weapon.
- Weaken - A living model hit by this weapon suffers -2 STR and DEF for one round.
- Mercenary - Works as a Cryx mercenary.
- Minion - Works as a Circle Orboros minion, and as a Skorne minion.
- Dual Attack - This model can make both melee and ranged attacks in the same activation. When this model makes its initial melee attacks or a power attack, it can also make its initial ranged attacks. This model can make ranged attacks even while in melee.
- Prowl - While concealed this model has stealth.
Thoughts on Swamp Gobber River Raider
Swamp Gobber River Raider in a nutshell
Can't figure out a way to spend those last four points and want three silly models with head-scratching rules? Look no further! Nobody knows quite what these things are supposed to do, but it seems to involve hitting high DEF targets twice (with your miserably low stats), to lower their high DEF to medium DEF. Make sense? Given that Privateer Press has been through a Blindwater CID and a Cryx pirate CID and have not brought these up for any changes, it appears they regard them as working as intended. It is likely that they figure at least one of the three will accomplish something worth 4 points over the course of the game due to having more rolls to make up for poor stats.
Combos & Synergies
- First Mate Hawk - Privateer Sea Dogs. POW 6 with 3 damage dice against warriors! Arrr!
- Anyone that can make them more likely to hit
- They have an impressive synergy with Helga's feat. Swamp Gobbers move forward, reel in and are placed into the back arc of the enemy. They now have a rather good chance of hitting the enemy and slamming the models forward and thus closer to your own models. Assumes you hit both attacks of course.
Drawbacks & Downsides
- You get what you pay for. DEF 14 models that cost as little as conscript infantry and have both a ranged and melee attack.
- One of the few mercenary models that doesn't work for The Irregulars.
Tricks & Tips
- In SR2017 they are great throwaways for contesting and/or scoring flags, though this was possibly not intended in their design.
- Released 2015.10
|Circle Orboros (Edit)||Skorne (Edit)|
Other Faction models
| M |
|Units, Solos, & Battle Engines|
|Warlock attachments||Targ - Gatorman Soul Slave|
|Units||Farrow||Farrow Bone Grinders - Farrow Brigands - Farrow Commandos - Farrow Razorback Crew - Farrow Slaughterhousers - Farrow Valkyries|
|Gatorman|| Bog Trog Ambushers - Croak Raiders - Gatorman Bokor & Shamblers - Gatorman Posse - Gobber Bellows|
Special WA: Void Leech
Nyss Hunters - Blythe & Bull - Boomhowlers - Lynus & Edrea
Agata, Queen of Carnage - Maximus - Rorsh & Brine - Targ
|Gatorman|| Boil Master & Spirit Cauldron - Bog Trog Mist Speaker - Bog Trog Trawler - Croak Hunter - Gatorman Husk - Gatorman Soul Slave - Gatorman Witch Doctor |
Kwaak Slickspine & Gub - Longchops - Wrong Eye & Snapjaw
|Unaligned|| Efaarit Scout - Feralgeist -Gobber Tinker - Gremlin Swarm - Ogrun Bokur - Gobber Chef - Gobber Raiders - Thrullg - Totem Hunter|
Alten Ashley - Brun Cragback & Lug - Dahlia Hallyr & Skarath - Eilish Garrity - Gudrun the Wanderer - Hutchuck - Lanyssa Ryssyl, Nyss Sorceress - Orin - Raluk - Saxon Orrik - Viktor Pendrake
|Battle Engines||Meat Thresher (Farrow) - Sacral Vault (Gatorman)|
|Minion - Theme Forces (Edit)|
|The Blindwater Congregation - The Thornfall Alliance - Will Work for Food|
Rules Clarification : Poisoned Hand Weapon