Swamp Gobber River Raider
Although many gobbers have gained acceptance at the fringes of society, swamp gobbers have always held a particularly unsavory reputation, and those who serve as river raiders among the pirate crews that prey on western Immoren are no exception. With rusted hooks, axes, and swords, they hack into their enemies with a savagery common only to the wilds.
- 1 Basic Info
- 2 Thoughts on Swamp Gobber River Raider
- 3 Other
|Swamp Gobber River Raider|
Weapons and Attacks
- Harpoon Pistol - 6" range, POW 10 gun.
- Reel In - On a hit this model moves base to base with the enemy (and can even slingshot round them).
- Poisoned Hand Weapon - 0,5" range, P+S 6 melee weapon.
- Weaken - On hit, debuff STR and DEF
- Minion - Works for Circle, Skorne
- Mercenary - Works for Cryx.
- Dual Attack - This model can make both melee and ranged attacks in the same activation. When this model makes its initial melee attacks or a power attack, it can also make its initial ranged attacks. This model can make ranged attacks even while in melee.
- Prowl - While concealed this model has stealth.
Thoughts on Swamp Gobber River Raider
Swamp Gobber River Raider in a nutshell
The River Raiders, bought in a block of three at barely more than a point each, are a case of "you get what you pay for." However, they are somewhat versatile due to being three cheap solos with Dual Attack - they can get base to base with enemy models and debuff them, opening possibilities for harder hitters to charge in and finish the job.
Combos & Synergies
- First Mate Hawk and Bosun Grogspar - Privateer Sea Dogs. Arrr!
- Anyone that can make them more likely to hit
- Helga the Conquerer with feat turns the table into pinball because knocked down models can be slammed
Drawbacks & Downsides
You get what you pay for - and pay almost nothing for these.
Tricks & Tips
They have an impressive synergy with Helga's feat. Swamp Gobbers move forward, reel in and are placed into the back arc of the enemy. They now have a rather good chance of hitting the enemy (Mk3 backstrike) and slamming the models forward and thus closer to your own models.
Changes from Mk2
Theme Forces this is a member of
|Minion - Faction models (Edit)|
Units, Solos, & Battle Engines
|Units||Farrow||Farrow Bone Grinders - Farrow Brigands - Farrow Commandos - Farrow Razorback Crew - Farrow Slaughterhousers|
|Gatorman||Bog Trog Ambushers - Croak Raiders - Gatorman Bokor & Shamblers - Gatorman Posse|
|Unaligned|| Gobber Bellows |
Nyss Hunters - Blythe & Bull - Boomhowlers - Lynus & Edrea
|Solos||Farrow||Maximus - Rorsh & Brine - Targ|
|Gatorman|| Bog Trog Mist Speaker - Bog Trog Trawler - Croak Hunter - Gatorman Witch Doctor |
Wrong Eye & Snapjaw
|Unaligned||Efaarit Scout - Feralgeist -Gobber Tinker - Gremlin Swarm - Ogrun Bokur - Gobber Chef - Gobber Raiders - Thrullg - Totem Hunter|
Alten Ashley - Brun Cragback & Lug - Dahlia Hallyr & Skarath - Gudrun the Wanderer - Hutchuck - Lanyssa Ryssyl, Nyss Sorceress - Orin - Raluk - Saxon Orrik - Viktor Pendrake
|Battle Engines||Meat Thresher (Farrow) - Sacral Vault (Gatorman)|
|Minion - Theme Forces (Edit)|
|The Blindwater Congregation - The Thornfall Alliance|