Swamp Gobber River Raider
Although many gobbers have gained acceptance at the fringes of society, swamp gobbers have always held a particularly unsavory reputation, and those who serve as river raiders among the pirate crews that prey on western Immoren are no exception. With rusted hooks, axes, and swords, they hack into their enemies with a savagery common only to the wilds.
|Swamp Gobber River Raider|
Weapons and Attacks
- Harpoon Pistol - 6" range, POW 10 gun.
- Reel In - On a hit this model moves base to base with the enemy (and can even slingshot round them).
- Poisoned Hand Weapon - 0,5" range, P+S 6 melee weapon.
- Weaken - On hit, debuff STR and DEF
- Minion - Works for Circle, Skorne
- Mercenary - Works for Cryx.
- Dual Attack - This model can make both melee and ranged attacks in the same activation. When this model makes its initial melee attacks or a power attack, it can also make its initial ranged attacks. This model can make ranged attacks even while in melee.
- Prowl - While concealed this model has stealth.
Thoughts on Swamp Gobber River Raider
Swamp Gobber River Raider in a nutshell
Can't figure out a way to spend those last four points and want a three silly models with head-scratching rules? Look no further! Nobody knows quite what these things are designed to do, but it seems to involve hitting high DEF targets twice with low stats to lower their DEF. Make sense?
Combos & Synergies
- First Mate Hawk - Privateer Sea Dogs. POW 6 with 3 damage dice against warriors! Arrr!
- Anyone that can make them more likely to hit
Drawbacks & Downsides
They're just so bad.
Tricks & Tips
They have an impressive synergy with Helga's feat. Swamp Gobbers move forward, reel in and are placed into the back arc of the enemy. They now have a rather good chance of hitting the enemy (Mk3 backstrike) and slamming the models forward and thus closer to your own models. Assumes you hit both attacks of course.
In SR2017 they are great throwaways for contesting and scoring flags though this was not intended in their design.