Mercenary Cephalyx Monstrosity
The cephalyx are masters of transforming flesh, crafting killing machines of meat and bone to fight their battles. The Subduer can take specimens alive or dead, ensnaring foes in its nets before inflicting gruesome wounds with its blade.
Weapons and Attacks
- Net Launcher - 6" range, AOE 3 gun that does no damage.
- Catch - If this weapon directly hits an enemy, you can push that enemy closer and then make a free melee attack against it.
- Quake - If this weapon directly hits, all models in the AOE are knocked down.
- Heavy Blade - 1" range, P+S 16 melee weapon
- Monstrosity - This is a creature transformed into a killing machine that shares many of the same rules as warjacks - Most notably being big and stompy.
- Eyeless Sight - This model 1) ignores cloud effects when determining LOS, 2) always ignores concealment and Stealth, and 3) never suffers Blind.
Thoughts on Subduer
Subduer in a nutshell
The Subduer is the ranged monstrosity, intermediate hitting power, and generally tricksy.
Combos & Synergies
- Cephalyx Agitator - the agitator makes the monstrosities hit harder
- Cephalyx Overlords because anatomical precision is a great way of giving focus to monstrosities
- Cognifex Cyphon needs a bit of unpredictable threat by grabbing and drawing in enemies.
Drawbacks and Downsides
Tricks and Tips
- Cut it with Cephalyx for focus
- If you want to keep it alive screen it with drudges. Monstrosities are not good at surviving charging enemies in melee for all they have a lot of damage boxes.
Notable Changes from Mk2
- Monstrosities get focus when they get damaged.
- A few points Cheaper
How can I include this model in my army?
Monstrosities must be controlled by a Cephalyx warcaster. Thus, to include them in your force, you first need to find a Cephalyx 'caster that works for your force.
What theme forces can this model be taken in?
To fit in a theme force, not only does this model need to fit but its controller needs to fit too. With that in mind, this model can be taken in:
Other faction models
Rules Clarification : Drag , Pull, and/or Catch (Edit)
- Please refer to the Drag page for a full list. It was too long to repeat here.
Rules Clarification : Quake (Edit)
- If the weapon misses, then it will deviate and do blast damage as per a normal AOE (assuming it has a POW to begin with).
- Other effects of the attack will still occur (such as the Mitigator's auto-point of damage to all models hit).
- Knockdown (Edit) - Remember, knockdown only prevents what it says it does. Refer to the Knockdown page for a recap of what a model can/can't do.
Rules Clarification : Monstrosity (Edit)
- Although they share many rules with warjacks, monstrosities are most definitely not warjacks. They are unaffected by stuff that interacts with warjacks (such as Jack Hunter giveing +d6 damage vs warjacks).
Rules Clarification : Eyeless Sight (Edit)
- A model that ignores Stealth must ignore both aspects: both (1) the auto-missing, and (2) the 'not counting as an intervening model' parts.
- This can have some strange interactions with casters & channelers, if one has Eyeless Sight and one does not. There are examples on the Category:Channeler page.