Perhaps Nemo’s greatest creation, the Stormwall towers over Cygnar’s enemies with all the majesty and menace of a looming cloudburst. From the thunder of its guns to the blinding cracks of arcing electricity from its lightning pods, the Stormwall is the mechanikal embodiment of the tempest. Powered by both steam and surging voltaic energy, it riddles the enemy lines with cannon shells and hails of bullets before smashing survivors with its electrified fists.
- 1 Basic Info
- 2 Thoughts on Stormwall
- 3 Other
|See also How to Read the statblock|
Weapons and Attacks
- Big Gun (x2) - 14" range, POW 15 guns
- Chain Cannon (x2) - 10" range, POW 10, ROF d3 guns
- Sustained Fire - Instead of attacking normally, you can place a wall-sized template instead. This template stays in play for one round (or until this model dies) and does damage to models walking in it. The damage roll is equal to the weapon's POW.
- Voltaic Fist (x2) - 2" reach, P+S 20 melee weapons
- Colossal - Colossals are giant warjacks, even bigger and stompier. They all share a stack of standard special rules.
- Construct - This model is a construct and is not a living model.
- Immunity: Electricity - This model is not damaged by electric weapons, and is ignored when determining lightning arcs.
- Pathfinder - This model treats rough terrain as open terrain while advancing. While charging, slam power attacking, or trample power attacking, this model does not stop its movement when it contacts an obstacle.
- Activate Lightning Pod - When you finish movement you can shoot out a Lightning Pod. When it lands it does average electrical damage to all enemy models between it and this model.
The Lightning Pod is a solo put into play by the Stormwall.
Weapons and Attacks
- Unarmed - This model has no melee weapons, which means a host of options are not available to it.
- Conductor - If a Stormsmith Stormcaller makes a (★ Attack), this model counts as a friendly Stormcaller too.
- Created - This model does not begin the game in play. Instead, it is created by other model's abilities.
- Immobile - This model has no Normal Movement or Combat Action, cannot become knocked down or be moved, and is automatically hit by melee attacks
Thoughts on Stormwall
Stormwall in a nutshell
The Stormwall is a powerful weapons platform with the main guns from a pair of Defenders and a pair of Sentinels, better melee than a Stormclad, and almost the toughness of two heavies. A big centrepiece to your army, with good board control tools.
Combos & Synergies
- ARM 19 is fair, but not exactly exceptional. With such a large points investment, you want to be casting Arcane Shield on the Stormwall to keep it in the game as long as possible.
- Captain Arlan Strangewayes can relieve the focus burden or just keep it in the fight for even longer using Repair.
- You want the big guns to hit - bring Rangers to help its average RAT.
Drawbacks & Downsides
- The more jacks you have, the more Power Up focus you have access to. With two Defenders, you can have two fully boosted (i.e. hit and damage rolls) Heavy Barrel shots. With the same two focus applied to a Stormwall, you can only fully boost one Big Gun shot and either boost the attack roll or damage roll for the 2nd.
- This is what makes a Stormwall a worthwhile option with Caine2 - Fire for Effect means you fully boost one Big Gun, allocate one focus to boost the attack roll of the second and use the Power Up focus to boost the damage roll.
- Its MAT and RAT are decidedly average for Cygnar. In particular, its MAT is lower than anything on the Ironclad chassis, so it can be a risk to commit it to melee against models with even a slightly above average DEF.
Tricks & Tips
- Outside of zapping enemies, Lightning pods are ubiquitous tools; use them for zone contesting, or charge lane blocking - especially against other, huge based models. They are also good starting points for electro leaps.
- 2 covering fire template can secure you a 9" wide zone. If have Gun mages around, use the same trick, as with the Cyclone, and push enemies into it with Thunderbolt rounds.
- Lightning pods don't have to be in LOS for the Stormwall - you can drop it behind of your colossal, if it helps Surge / Triangulation, or fry models / solos sneaking up from behind to your lines.
- Things that forbid you to make ranged attacks forbid you to use Sustained Fire too, as you must be able to make ranged attacks, to be able to "do something instead of the attack".
- Originally released in Warmachine: Colossals (2012)
Themes for non-character warjacks (Edit)
- Gravediggers - (Article) (Category)
- Heavy Metal (Article) (Category)
- Storm Division - (Article) (Category)
Other faction models
Note to Editors