|This server will go offline in September 2018. Please migrate to our new server, Warmachine University|
|For more info on why we're moving to a new server, check out the Brief History section on the new main page, and/or listen to episode 45 of the LOS podcast|
| If you have made an edit within the last month or so, please check the new server and see if it was copied by the autobot. |
You may need to copy-paste your work to the new server manually. Sorry.
The Khadorans came over the hill and the sky lit up with lightning. You couldn't even hear them screaming over the thunder
|Cost||5||1,7 point each|
|See also How to Read the statblock|
Weapons and Attacks
- Storm Strike - 10" range, POW 10 gun
- Damage Type: Magical - This weapon can damage incorporeal models.
- Damage Type: Electricity - This weapon does electricity damage.
- Critical Disruption - On a critical hit, a warjack hit will lose all focus points. It also can't gain focus or channel spells for one round.
- Stormcall - This weapon ignores cover, concealment, elevation, and stealth.
- Surge (★ Attack) - Choose another Stormcaller within 20", then attack any two models between them.
- Triangulation (★ Attack) - Choose two other Stormcallers within 20", then attack any three targets anywhere within the triangle between them.
- Rod - 1" reach, P+S 7 melee weapon. Don't expect much from it.
- Immunity: Electricity - This model does not suffer electrical damage, and is ignored when determining lightning arcs.
Thoughts on Stormsmith Stormcallers
Stormsmith Stormcallers in a nutshell
Despite their look Stormcallers are best thought of as a type of veteran gun armed infantry who get to shoot stealth models. Two sets of Stormcallers cost as much as a veteran unit of six infantry and do roughly the same job other than that they can spread out much more (and indeed if they get to spread out things start getting interesting).
Combos & Synergies
- Nemo2's Veteran Leader ability boosts their MAT to OK level, while their RAT to Gun Mage level in his CMD zone.
- You can get them free in the Storm Division theme.
The Lightning Posse:
- Firefly and Silver Line Stormguard for extra lightning damage (and Nemo3 on feat turn)
- Storm Strider for extra accuracy, plus another source for Surge or Triangulation.
- Stormblade Infantry's command attachment counts as a Stormsmith for special attacks. The Stormwall's Lightning Pods also count as one Stormsmith for these purposes.
- They of course combo with each other. Your maximum allowance gives you nine of them - for about the price of a full unit of other models.
Drawbacks & Downsides
- Very squishy targets.
- Unless you bring them in theme for free, you must buy them in packs of 3, and then, their points cost might compete with a lot of other (and usually better) options.
Tricks & Tips
- Stormcallers can be added to your army list in groups of 3 models. They are 3 separate solos (not a unit with 3 members).
- Rangers, GMCA and aiming can all buff their accuracy (in Mk2 all of their attack was a ★ Attack). Unfortunately, most of these sources are not present in their theme forces. They're solos, so direct spells, like Deadeye may never worth on them.
- If you run a couple of stormsmiths to set up triangulation you can get a lot more shots off.
- Don't be afraid to run one behind enemy lines so the other two can stand still and aim during the triangulation.
- Their greatest boon is ignoring Stealth, but they're also useful against models with Dig In and/or Incorporeal.
- Originally released in Warmachine: Escalation (2004)
Other faction models
| * The "Damage Type: Magical" is not inherited by "secondary" damage from a weapon. That is, stuff like arcs (Electro Leap) or hazards (Scather). (Infernal Ruling)