The Khadorans came over the hill and the sky lit up with lightning. You couldn't even hear them screaming over the thunder
|Cost||3||1 point each|
|See also How to Read the statblock|
Weapons and Attacks
- Storm Strike - 10" range, POW 10 gun
- Damage Type: Magical - This weapon can damage incorporeal models.
- Damage Type: Electricity - This weapon does electricity damage.
- Critical Disruption - On a critical hit, a warjack hit will lose all focus points. It also can't gain focus or channel spells for one round.
- Stormcall - This weapon ignores cover, concealment, elevation, and stealth.
- Surge (★ Attack) - Choose another Stormcaller within 20", then attack any two models between them.
- Triangulation (★ Attack) - Choose two other Stormcallers within 20", then attack any three targets anywhere within the triangle between them.
- Rod - 1" reach, P+S 7 melee weapon. Don't expect much from it.
- Immunity: Electricity - This model is not damaged by electric weapons, and is ignored when determining lightning arcs.
Thoughts on Stormsmith Stormcallers
Stormsmith Stormcallers in a nutshell
Stormcallers are best thought of as a type of veteran gun armed infantry who get to shoot stealth models. Two sets of Stormcallers cost as much as a veteran unit of six infantry and do roughly the same job other than that they can spread out much more (and indeed if they get to spread out things start getting interesting).
Combos & Synergies
- Since they now shoot normally, their RAT can be buffed by normal means, such as deadeye, rangers, GMCA and aiming.
- Nemo2's elite cadre increases their RAT in his CMD range.
The Lightning Posse:
- Firefly and Silver Line Stormguard for extra lightning damage (and Nemo3 on feat turn)
- Storm Strider for extra accuracy.
- Stormblade Infantry have their command attachment count as a Stormsmith for Surge and Triangulation
- They of course combo with each other. Your maximum allowance gives you nine of them - for about the price of a full unit of other models.
Drawbacks & Downsides
- They are very squishy and incoming fire has right of way.
- Because they must be bought in packs of 3, their points cost is such that they compete with a lot of other options. And almost always, those options seem better.
Tricks & Tips
- If you run a couple of stormsmiths to set up triangulation you can get a lot more shots off.
- Don't be afraid to run one behind enemy lines so the other two can stand still and aim during the triangulation.
- Originally released in Warmachine: Escalation (2004)
Other faction models