|This server will go offline in September 2018. Please migrate to our new server, Warmachine University|
|For more info on why we're moving to a new server, check out the Brief History section on the new main page, and/or listen to episode 45 of the LOS podcast|
| If you have made an edit within the last month or so, please check the new server and see if it was copied by the autobot. |
You may need to copy-paste your work to the new server manually. Sorry.
Cygnar’s stormsmiths do not balk at the strange and sometimes hazardous mechanikal innovations conceived by the brilliant mind of Artificer General Sebastian Nemo. These men and women embrace such lightning-spewing creations with the same enthusiasm and curiosity that first drew them to the stormsmithing arts. Bringing experimental storm chamber technology to the front lines, grenadiers create volatile electrical fields able to take on different properties of electromagnetism and kinetic force.
|2.3 per model|
|See also How to Read the statblock|
- Storm Grenade- 6" range, 3" AOE, POW 13 gun
- Damage Type: Electricity - This weapon does electricity damage.
- Attack Type - Each time this weapon is used to make an attack, choose one of the following special rules:
- Galvanic Blast Field - If this attack directly hits, the AOE stays in play as a hazard that does POW 10 electrical damage to models walking around in it.
- Kinetic Grip - This weapon/attack causes a -2 SPD penalty when it hits an enemy.
- Voltaic Vortex - If this attack directly hits, you get to push models 2" closer to the target before rolling any damage.
- Sword - 0.5" reach, P+S 7 melee weapon
- Immunity: Electricity - This model does not suffer electrical damage, and is ignored when determining lightning arcs.
- Force Barrier - This model gains +2 DEF vs ranged attacks and is immune to blast damage.
Thoughts on Stormsmith Grenadiers
Feel free to remove this warning if you, personally, have a good level of gameplay experience with the model, have reviewed this article, and either you A) agree with the content 100% or B) for the parts you disagree with, you don't strongly disagree; and it's more a case of differing opinions between you and previous editors rather than incorrect content / bad advice.
Stormsmith Grenadiers in a nutshell
Stormsmith Grenadiers are a three person utility unit designed to mess with the enemy in interesting ways. Dragging them together, slowing them down, or messing up infantry by leaving templates. And they are very resistant to shooting.
Combos & Synergies
- Sources of electrical damage love Cygnar's electrical buffs like the Firefly, the Silver Line Stormguard, and the Storm Strider. The latter now makes their attack against enemies in its CMD range technically MAT8.
- Stormsmith Grenadiers love Captain Victoria Haley's Temporal barrier. It helps them hit, it helps them not get charged. And speed debuffs stack.
- Major Victoria Haley has some fun interactions with them,
- They have nice attacks, making them a good choice to Snipe
Drawbacks and Downsides
- They die in melee, to magic, and to AoEs that set people on fire.
- The range of their weapon is nothing short of ridiculous - even if their Kinetic Grip grenade hits a Khador heavy with a 1" melee RNG, it can still charge and reach them next turn. Don't expect them to survive for long, once they threw their grenades.
Tricks and Tips
- Screen them - they're too expensive to expose at the frontline.
- A Voltaic Vortex followed by a Kinetic Grip can leave the enemy messily stuck together.
- They can drag enemies forward where you want them.
- Kinetic Grip stacks nicely with Haley 1's Temporal Barrier for stopping SPD4 enemies in their tracks.
- Mind the wording; apart of Kinetic Grip, all effects require a direct hit upon an enemy model.
- With Force Barrier you don't have to be afraid of blast damage - neither from enemy, nor from friendly fire.
Other Cygnar Models