|This server will go offline in September 2018. Please migrate to our new server, Warmachine University|
|For more info on why we're moving to a new server, check out the Brief History section on the new main page, and/or listen to episode 45 of the LOS podcast|
| If you have made an edit within the last month or so, please check the new server and see if it was copied by the autobot. |
You may need to copy-paste your work to the new server manually. Sorry.
Fluff text (copy from PP gallery)
|See also How to Read the statblock|
- Great Bow - 12" range, 3" AOE, POW 12 gun
- Attack Type - Each time this weapon is used to make an attack, choose one of the following special rules:
- Sword - 0.5" reach, P+S 7 melee weapon
Analysis of Stormfall Archers
Stormfall Archers in a nutshell
The roundears have cannon crews and gun crews and sunburst crews. You've got archers.
Legolas and company have/are an offensive toolbox. Their RAT is kinda low, so it's more common than not to stand still to get the Aim bonus.
Combos & Synergies
The Archers' main drawback is their poor RAT. Anything that can fix it tags along nicely with them.
- Lord Arcanist Ossyan - his gun is a built-in solution for RAT fixing, as well as his feat
- Ravyn, Eternal_Light - so far your only caster with Snipe, and a feat which allows you to deliver very accurate Brutal Damage shots.
- Rahn - Force Hammer can knock targets down, while Telekinesis increases the threat range by up to 2"
- Issyria - her feat helps control your attack dice, and solves issues with Stealth.
- Banshee and Arcantrik Force Generator- good sources for knockdown on your target
- House Shyeel Magister - Combo Smite or Force Bolt can both knockdown as well
- The Defenders of Ios theme gives them Reposition - excellent tool to move in once your targets is dead, or fall back if you failed to cause damage.
Drawbacks and Downsides
- For a bunch of elite elven archers, their RAT is pretty low. Find ways to knock the enemy down.
- Brutal Damage and Star Strike need a direct hit, and the latter also needs the fire effect to work. In the armor-heavy world of MK3 it's less useful.
Tricks and Tips
- Got trouble with stealth infantry? Use the Snipe attack type and blind-fire AOEs into their general direction. Even if they miss, with some lucky scatter a few blast usually land among the unit and kill or wound several.
Originally released in Forces of Warmachine: Retribution of Scyrah (Novermber 2009)
Other Retribution models
|Retribution Mercenary Models/Units|
|Units||Lady Aiyana & Master Holt - Lynus Wesselbaum & Edrea Lloryrr|
|Solos||Dahlia Hallyr & Skarath - Eilish Garrity - Madelyn Corbeau, Ordic Courtesan|