|For more info on why we're moving to a new server, check out the Brief History section on the new main page, and/or listen to episode 45 of the LOS podcast|
| If you have made an edit within the last month or so, please check the new server and see if it was copied by the autobot. |
You may need to copy-paste your work to the new server manually. Sorry.
Armed with the mighty nexus blade, the Stormblade Captain is a fearsome warrior and peerless leader. A master of the storm knight's tactics, the captain drills his men until they can perform unstoppable charges and precisely maneuver through and around their peers.
|See also How to Read the statblock|
Weapons and Attacks
- Nexus Blade - 1" reach, P+S 13 melee weapon
- Weapon Master - When attacking with this weapon, add an additional die to its damage rolls.
- Nexus Blast - 8" range, POW 14 gun
- Immunity: Electricity - This model does not suffer electrical damage, and is ignored when determining lightning arcs.
- 'Jack Marshal - All 'jack marshals share the same set of special rules, which basically amount to: This model is not a warcaster but may control a warjack.
- Drive : Reposition [5"] - While in this model's CMD range, a warjack under its control gains Reposition [5"]. (Reposition [5"] - At the end of an activation in which it did not run or fail a charge, this model can advance up to 5", then its activation ends.)
- Iron Sentinel - While B2B with a friendly Faction warjack, this model gains +2 DEF and ARM and cannot become knocked down.
- Quick Work - When this model destroys one or more enemy models with a melee attack during its Combat Action, immediately after that attack is resolved this model can make one basic ranged attack.
- Tactician [Storm Knight] - While in this model's CMD range, friendly Storm Knight models can ignore other friendly Storm Knight models when determining LOS. Friendly Storm Knight models can advance through other friendly Storm Knight models in this model's CMD range if they have enough movement to move completely past them.
Thoughts on Stormblade Captain
Stormblade Captain in a nutshell
The Stormblade Captain is simultaneously a Storm Knight support model (most useful to allow Storm Lances to run straight over the Silver Line Stormguard), a Jack Marshal, and a respectable melee solo.
Combos & Synergies
- Storm Knight models for Tactician.
- Whatever warjack he marshals - suggestions are the Sentinel (as ever) or if you're going for Storm Knights, the Firefly
- Stormclad - possibly the cheapest way of giving it that extra focus
Drawbacks & Downsides
- He tries to do too many things, and you pay for all of them at once.
Tricks & Tips
- Remember Storm Knights can move through the Stormblade Captain, as well as each other.
- Originally released in the Warmachine: Vengeance expansion (2014)
Other faction models