Cygnar Storm Knight Solo
Armed with the mighty nexus blade, the Stormblade Captain is a fearsome warrior and peerless leader. A master of the storm knight's tactics, the captain drills his men until they can perform unstoppable charges and precisely maneuver through and around their peers.
Weapons and Attacks
- Nexus Blade - 1" reach, P+S 13 melee weapon
- Weapon Master - When attacking with this weapon, add an additional die to its damage rolls.
- Nexus Blast - 8" range, POW 14 gun
- Immunity: Electricity - This model is not damaged by electric weapons, and is ignored when determining lightning arcs.
- 'Jack Marshal - All 'jack marshals share the same set of special rules, which basically amount to: This model is not a warcaster but may control a warjack.
- Drive : Reposition [5"] - While in this model's CMD range, a warjack under its control gains Reposition [5"]. (Reposition [5"] - At the end of an activation in which it did not run or fail a charge, this model can advance up to 5", then its activation ends.)
- Iron Sentinel - While B2B with a friendly Faction warjack, this model gains +2 DEF and ARM and cannot become knocked down.
- Quick Work - When this model destroys one or more enemies with a melee attack during its Combat Action, immediately afterwards it can make a free basic ranged attack.
- Tactician [Storm Knight] - While in this model's CMD range, friendly Storm Knight models can ignore other friendly Storm Knight models when determining LOS. Friendly Storm Knight models can advance through other friendly Storm Knight models in this model's CMD range if they have enough movement to move completely past them.
Thoughts on Stormblade Captain
Stormblade Captain in a nutshell
The Stormblade Captain is simultaneously a Storm Knight support model (most useful to allow Storm Lances to run straight over the Silver Line Stormguard), a Jack Marshal, and a respectable melee solo.
Combos & Synergies
- Storm Knight models for Tactician.
- Whatever warjack he marshals - suggestions are the Sentinel (as ever) or if you're going for Storm Knights, the Firefly
- Stormclad - possibly the cheapest way of giving it that extra focus
Drawbacks & Downsides
- He tries to do too many things, and you pay for all of them at once.
Tricks & Tips
- Remember Storm Knights can move through the Stormblade Captain, as well as each other.
Other faction models
Rules Clarification : Weapon Master - None yet. (Edit)
Rules Clarification : Electricity - None yet. (Edit)
Rules Clarification : 'Jack Marshal (Edit)
- Marshals can take character jacks (unlike in Mk2). (Closed thread)
- Although they never get the Power Up bonus, a marshaled warjack can gain focus via other means (such as Accumulator, Empower, Spirit Harvester, etc).
- They can do this even after the Marshal dies and they become autonomous (unlike in Mk2).
- 'Jack Marshal & Ranking Officer (Edit)
- If a Ranking Officer joins a unit with the 'Jack Marshal ability, then they can still only take Mercenary warjacks - they don't gain access to Faction warjacks. (Infernal Ruling)
- They can control that mercenary warjack as normal, even though they're technically no longer the same faction as the jack. (Infernal Ruling)
Rules Clarification : Drive (Edit)
- If the Drive is on an Officer model, and that model dies, then the new unit commander does not inherit the Drive.
Rules Clarification : Reposition (Edit)
- Models out of formation cannot move via Reposition. Refer to the "Out of Formation" rules in the core rulebook.
- You cannot trigger abilities that occur "at the end of activation" (such as Sprint) after resolving Reposition, because your activation has ended. Click here for a detailed explanation
- You cannot trigger abilities that occur "at any time" (such as Go To Ground) during a Reposition. Because you can't trigger it while moving, and after moving your activation has ended.
- This holds true even if it's a unit with multiple Reposition moves. (Infernal Ruling)
Rules Clarification : Iron Sentinel - None yet. (Edit)
Rules Clarification : Quick Work (Edit)
- If you're still engaged in melee when Quick Work triggers, you won't be able to make the ranged attack.
- Quick Work specifies "Combat Action" so doesn't work with Impact Attacks or out-of-activation attacks
Rules Clarification : Tactician (Edit)
- The moving model doesn't have to be in CMD range, just the model they're moving through.
- The "can ignore for LOS" is not optional. You cannot opt to "turn off" your ability to see through models, in the hope of getting a free strike or some such. (Infernal Ruling)