Unlike the many varieties of trolls that prefer to blend into their environments, a storm troll primed with galvanic energy and ready to attack is a blazing beacon of power, intimidating well beyond its size. Deadly lightning erupts from the array of natural conductors that runs the length of its spine, playing along its sides before bolting from its mouth at anything that arouses the troll’s ire.
Weapons and Attacks
- Lightning - Ranged attack: RNG 10, POW 12.
- Claw x2 - 0.5" melee RNG, P+S 12.
- Light Warbeast
- Immunity: Electricity - This model is not damaged by electric weapons, and is ignored when determining lightning arcs.
- Regeneration [d3] - This model may be forced to heal d3 damage boxes, once per activation. It can't run in the same activation.
- Repulsor Field - When this model is hit with a melee attack, after the attack is resolved the attacker is pushed 1" directly away.
- Lightning Fists - Cost 1 - The caster gains immunity to electricity and Electro Leap on its melee weapons for one round. (Electro Leap - When this weapon hits, the nearest model within 4" suffers a low POW electrical damage roll.)
Thoughts on Storm Troll
Storm Troll in a nutshell
The Storm Troll flash-fries infantry. Hit the first with a boosted attack roll, and then its lightning bounces to others.
Combos & Synergies
Drawbacks & Downsides
- When not frying infantry it is thoroughly mediocre.
- You can't boost the extra lightning.
- There are other ways of killing infantry that don't rely on devoting a warbeast to the task.
Tricks & Tips
- To hit those high-DEF enemies hindering your Earthborn Dire Troll's movement/charge path, shoot the Earthborn in the back, the Storm Troll's ranged attack cannot damage the Earthborn.
- Crit Disruption probability can be assisted by Dhunian Knot's Puppet Master.
Comparison to Mk2
- The Storm Troll animus lost the ability to be placed on ANY model - now only 'Self'.
- Storm Troll ranged attack lighting leap damage rolls were formerly boost-able.
Theme Forces this is a member of
- Themes for any-and-all warbeasts (Edit)
- Band of Heroes - (Article) (Category)
- Power of Dhunia - (Article) (Category)
- Storm of the North (Article) (Category)
Other faction models
|Warlocks||Bloody Barnabas - Calaban - Helga - Jaga-Jaga - Lord Carver - Maelok - Midas - Rask - Sturm & Drang|
Requires a 2+ warlock game
|Other Controllers|| Lesser Warlocks: Brun & Lug - Dahlia & Skarath - Rorsh & Brine - Wrongeye & Snapjaw
|Warjacks & Warbeasts||The minion battlegroup members you can include in a Trollblood army depends entirely on what type of model is commanding them. There are too many permutations to list here, please refer to one of the model entries above for full details of what minions it can control.|
|Minion Units, Solos, & Battle Engines|
|Units||Bog Trog Ambushers - Croak Raiders - Bone Grinders - Brigands - Commandos - Razorback Crew - Slaughterhousers - Bokur & Swamp Shamblers - Gatorman Posse - Gobber Bellows|
|Solos||Mist Speaker - Bog Trog Trawler - Croak Hunter - Efaarit Scouts - Feralgeist - Witch Doctor - Gobber Tinker - Gremlin Swarm - Ogrun Bokur - Gobber Chef - Thrullg - Totem Hunter|
|Battle Engines||Meat Thresher|