Unlike the many varieties of trolls that prefer to blend into their environments, a storm troll primed with galvanic energy and ready to attack is a blazing beacon of power, intimidating well beyond its size. Deadly lightning erupts from the array of natural conductors that runs the length of its spine, playing along its sides before bolting from its mouth at anything that arouses the troll’s ire.
Weapons and Attacks
- Lightning - Average range, average POW.
- Claw x2 - Close range, Average P+S.
- Light Warbeast - This is a light warbeast and on a medium base. As such it has fury, gives fury when it dies, and can power attack where appropriate (but not trample).
- Immunity: Electricity - This model is not damaged by electric weapons, and is ignored when determining lightning arcs.
- Regeneration - This model may be forced to heal a few damage boxes, once per turn.
- Repulsor Field - Models that hit this model with melee attacks are pushed away.
- Lightning Fists - This model gains immunity to electricity and Electro Leap on its melee attacks. (Electro Leap - When this weapon hits an enemy, the nearest model within 4" suffers a low POW electrical damage roll.)
Thoughts on Storm Troll
Storm Troll in a nutshell
The electrocutioner of the trolls flash-fries infantry. Hits the first with a boosted attack roll, and then its lightning bounces to others.
Combos & Synergies
Drawbacks & Downsides
- When not frying infantry it is thoroughly mediocre
- You can't boost the extra lightning
- There are other ways of killing infantry that don't rely on devoting a warbeast to the task.
Tricks & Tips
- To hit those high-DEF solos shoot your own people in the back.
Comparison to Mk2
The Storm Troll is almost unchanged - but there is a lot less infantry to electrocute.
Theme Forces this is a member of
Other faction models
|Trollblood - Minion models (Edit)|
|Warlocks|| Bloody Barnabas - Calaban - Helga - Jaga-Jaga - Lord Carver - Maelok - Midas - Rask - Sturm & Drang|
Requires a 2+ warlock game
|Other Controllers|| Lesser Warlocks: Brun & Lug - Dahlia & Skarath - Rorsh & Brine - Wrongeye & Snapjaw
|Warjacks & Warbeasts||The minion battlegroup members you can include in a Trollblood army depends entirely on what type of model is commanding them. There are too many permutations to list here, please refer to one of the model entries above for full details of what minions it can control.|
|Units, Solos, & Battle Engines|
|Units||Bog Trog Ambushers - Croak Raiders - Bone Grinders - Brigands - Commandos - Razorback Crew - Slaughterhousers - Bokur & Swamp Shamblers - Gatorman Posse - Gobber Bellows|
|Solos||Mist Speaker - Bog Trog Trawler - Croak Hunter - Efaarit Scouts - Feralgeist - Witch Doctor - Gobber Tinker - Gremlin Swarm - Ogrun Bokur - Gobber Chef - Thrullg - Totem Hunter|
|Battle Engines||Meat Thresher|
|Trollblood - Theme Forces (Edit)|
|Band of Heroes - Power of Dhunia|