Steelheads are willing to fight anyone, anywhere, anytime—as long as the pay is right. Working in concert, Steelhead riflemen thin out enemy lines with concentrated fire before the halberdiers charge in to cut down foes with practiced precision. Numerous, well-trained, and well-equipped, the soldiers of the Steelhead Mercenary Company are the best money can buy.
Weapons and Attacks
- Military Rifle - 10" range, POW 11 ranged weapon.
- Sword - 0,5" range, P+S 9 melee weapon.
Thoughts on Steelhead Riflemen
Steelhead Riflemen in a nutshell
Steelhead Riflemen are very cheap unit of ranged shooters, and you get what you pay for. Other than that their two person CRAs with the reroll are effectively RAT 9 and with enough power to one-shot (well two-shot as there are two shooters involved) most solos. In short they are shooters with bite.
Combos & Synergies
- Captain Damiano - they love his coins. +2 to hit and damage for each of them can be lethal both with and without the two person CRA
- Warwitch Deneghra - cheep shooters on the Cryx debuff-and-shoot gunline. Parasite makes their shots hard hitting.
Drawbacks and Downsides
- Low RAT, meaning that you frequently miss infantry unless you pair up
- Awful in melee.
Tricks and Tips
- A two person CRA is RAT 9.
- With them being so cheap it's worth risking two of them to snipe a solo.
- If one is in range have that one aim - and move the other one in the two person CRA
Changes from Mk2
- They got cheaper - they needed to.
- Gained a point of ARM
- Lost a point of CMD
Note to Editors
If you're looking for inspiration for content to add to this page, you can always copy-paste (& update as necessary) info from the old mk2 entry:
Mk2 Battle College: Steelhead Riflemen .
How can I include this model in my army?
Mercenaries are a bit more complicated than regular faction models, they can be taken in one of three different ways.
- This model can be included in a pure Mercenary army.
- This model can be included in the following Faction armies:
- This model can be included in the following theme forces:
| Mercenary - Faction models (Edit)
Rules Clarification : Combined Ranged Attack (Edit)
- CRA cannot target models in melee, except for huge-based models.
- Assault & CRA (Edit)
- You cannot mix Combined Range Attacks with Assault shots, as CRA works during your combat action and Assault shots occur before it. (Infernal Ruling)