|This server will go offline in September 2018. Please migrate to our new server, Warmachine University|
|For more info on why we're moving to a new server, check out the Brief History section on the new main page, and/or listen to episode 45 of the LOS podcast|
| If you have made an edit within the last month or so, please check the new server and see if it was copied by the autobot. |
You may need to copy-paste your work to the new server manually. Sorry.
Steelheads are willing to fight anyone, anywhere, anytime—as long as the pay is right. Working in concert, Steelhead riflemen thin out enemy lines with concentrated fire before the halberdiers charge in to cut down foes with practiced precision. Numerous, well-trained, and well-equipped, the soldiers of the Steelhead Mercenary Company are the best money can buy.
|See also How to Read the statblock|
- Military Rifle - 10" range, POW 11 ranged weapon.
- Sword - 0.5" reach, P+S 9 melee weapon.
- Mercenary - will work as a Cryx mercenary, Cygnar mercenary, Khador mercenary, and as a Protectorate of Menoth mercenary
- Combined Arms - When making combined ranged attacks, missed attacks may be rerolled once.
- Combined Ranged Attack - This unit can combine their ranged attacks to get a cumulative +1 bonus on accuracy and damage for each model involved.
Thoughts on Steelhead Riflemen
Steelhead Riflemen in a nutshell
Steelhead Riflemen are the cheapest 10 gunmen you can buy. They are a 16" walking threat with rerollable CRA's. There is nothing fancy whatsoever about them, but they can probably accomplish something useful from range every turn.
Combos & Synergies
- Captain Damiano - they love his coins. +2 to hit and damage for each of them can be lethal both with and without the two person CRA, however Reposition 5" will keep them alive quite a bit longer as infantry that shoot 10" don't last long.
- Warwitch Deneghra - cheap shooters on the Cryx debuff-and-shoot gunline. Parasite makes their shots hard hitting.
- Snipe means a lot to them.
Drawbacks and Downsides
- Low RAT, meaning that you frequently miss infantry unless you pair up.
- Awful in melee.
- 10" range means they need to play forward where they die fast.
- They aren't exactly good for much.
Tricks and Tips
- A two person CRA is roughly equivalent to RAT 9.
- With them being so cheap it's worth risking two of them to snipe a solo.
- If one is in range have that one aim - and move the other one in the two person CRA
Take these in units of 6 and the cost is 1.33 instead of 1.4 each.
- The Riflemen are based off of American WW2 infantry in form and function. They aren't a gunline unit like Long Gunners, they "Fire and maneuver" moving up the field and working in two man groups to pick off units or solos.
Released in Forces of Warmachine: Mercenaries (2010)
|Cygnar (Edit)||Khador (Edit)|
|Protectorate of Menoth (Edit)|