|This server will go offline in September 2018. Please migrate to our new server, Warmachine University|
|For more info on why we're moving to a new server, check out the Brief History section on the new main page, and/or listen to episode 45 of the LOS podcast|
| If you have made an edit within the last month or so, please check the new server and see if it was copied by the autobot. |
You may need to copy-paste your work to the new server manually. Sorry.
The Spriggan trades the armored arms of its predecessor, the Devastator, for a heavy shield, a massive lance, and more versatile and longer-range grenade launchers that can fire either explosive projectiles or flares that illuminate hidden enemies.
Rules subject to change.
This is a existing model, and the information here is the rules it had before the CID cycle.
If you wish to document the CID changes before they're finalised, please do so under the Recent Changes heading only.
|ARM|| 19 / 21|
|(★) 21 when you include the shield bonus|
|See also How to Read the statblock|
- Grenade Launcher (x2) - 10" range, AOE 3", POW 10 guns.
- Arcing Fire - When attacking with this weapon, this model can ignore intervening models except those within 1" of the target.
- Targeting Flare - Instead of making an attack with this weapon, you can place a 3" AOE anywhere completely within 10" of this model, with a center point in this model's LOS, ignoring intervening models. While a model is within the AOE, it loses Stealth, and models can ignore cloud effects when determining LOS to it. The AOE lasts for one turn.
- Shield - 1" reach, P+S 14 melee weapon.
- Shield - This 'weapon' is a shield that provides a cumulative +2 ARM bonus. The bonus doesn't apply if the weapon is crippled or if the damage originates in your back arc.
- War Lance - 2" reach, P+S 18 melee weapon.
- Powerful Charge - This models gains +2 to hit on charge attacks with this weapon.
- Warjack - All warjacks share the same set of special rules. Most notably being big and stompy.
- Construct - This model is a construct and is not a living model.
- Bulldoze - When this model is B2B with an enemy model during its Normal Movement, it can push that model up to 2" directly away from it. A model can be pushed by Bulldoze only once per activation. Bulldoze has no effect when this model makes a trample power attack.
- Dual Attack - This model can make both melee and ranged attacks in the same activation. When this model makes its initial melee attacks or a power attack, it can also make its initial ranged attacks. This model can make ranged attacks even while in melee.
- Steady - This model can't be knocked down.
2018.02 Armored Korps CID
- Week 1 - Points Cost: 17
- Week 2 - Points Cost: 17, Add Dual Attack - This model can make both melee and ranged attacks in the same activation. When this model makes its initial melee attacks or a power attack, it can also make its initial ranged attacks. This model can make ranged attacks even while in melee.
Thoughts on Spriggan
Spriggan in a nutshell
The Spriggan is the third, most expensive, and most distinct, element of the "clamjack" chassis. It fulfills a completely different role than the Demolisher or the Devastator. It sports a weaker grenade launcher with nice utility against stealthy targets, and a shield to put its ARM above the average Khador level. Its war lance is also the second most powerful warjack weapon in the faction (excluding Colossals).
Combos & Synergies
If you are expecting stealthy targets in any form, you will definitely want this jack. As it is no slouch in melee either, extra mobility and accuracy are most welcome.
- Casters with Superiority - Irusk1 or Strakhov.
- Butcher 1 - Under Fury and his feat, this baby delivers a MAT 8 P+S 21 charge with 4D6 on the damage roll.
- "Jack Casters" - Karchev and Harkevich, both offer quite a lot for melee capable, tough jacks, especially SPD buff.
- Sorscha1 - her feat will make sure that your charge attack connects
- Sorscha2 - how about some Pathfinder from Boundless Charge? And what about one-rounding a heavy under her feat with the War Lance?
- Ranged infantry that enjoys stealth removal and the ability to ignore clouds, as in anything Winterguard.
Drawbacks & Downsides
- Lower MAT than the Juggernaut chassis (partially offset by Powerful Charge)
- Your most expensive non-character warjack, It's price tag is even higher than some character choices, like Ruin.
- If you're not going to use its targeting Flare, there are way cheaper alternatives.
- Torch can do 99% of its job, and is a point cheaper.
Tricks & Tips
- Targeting Flare does not require an attack roll, you just simply place the templates - meaning that not even the most elusive targets will escape.
- Enemies just have to be within, not completely within the flare's AOE; feel free to spread it to multiple models, if possible.
- The plastic Spriggan is sold in one box together with options for the Demolisher and the Devastator.
- Originally released in Warmachine: Superiority (2006)
Themes for generic warjacks (Edit)
- Armored Korps - (Article) (Category)
- Winter Guard Kommand - (Article) (Category)
- Jaws of the Wolf - (Article) (Category)
- Legion of Steel - (Article) (Category)
- Wolves of Winter (Article) (Category)
Other Khador models
Bulldoze - General
Moving Bulldozers and Bulldozed models