Behind its plates of steel, the Devastator is all but unassailable, yet it can open its armored shell to unleash a rain of deadly shrapnel from its grenade launchers. The Devastator’s success has led to the development of other ’jacks based on this chassis. The Demolisher features armor equal to that of the Devastator, but when its plated arms open they reveal cannons that can deliver powerful ordnance even in the thick of combat. The Spriggan trades the armored arms of its predecessor for a heavy shield, a massive lance, and more versatile and longer-range grenade launchers that can fire either explosive projectiles or flares that illuminate hidden enemies.
|ARM|| 19 / 21|
|(★) 21 when you include the shield bonus|
|See also How to Read the statblock|
Weapons and Attacks
- Grenade Launcher (x2) - 10" range, AOE 3", POW 10 guns.
- Arcing Fire - When attacking with this weapon, this model can ignore intervening models except those within 1" of the target.
- Targeting Flare - Instead of attacking, this model may place a 3" AOE anywhere completely within 10" and in LOS. Models in the AOE lose Stealth, and other models can ignore clouds when drawing LOS to them. The AOE lasts for one turn.
- Shield - 1" reach, P+S 14 melee weapon.
- Shield - This 'weapon' is a shield that provides a cumulative +2 ARM bonus. The bonus doesn't apply if the weapon is crippled or if the damage originates in your back arc.
- War Lance - 2" reach, P+S 18 melee weapon.
- Powerful Charge - This models gains +2 to hit with charge attacks with this weapon.
- Warjack - All warjacks share the same set of special rules. Most notably being big and stompy.
- Construct - This model is a construct and is not a living model.
- Bulldoze - When this model is B2B with an enemy model during its Normal Movement, it can push that model up to 2" directly away from it. A model can be pushed by Bulldoze only once per activation. Bulldoze has no effect when this model makes a trample power attack.
- Steady - This model can't be knocked down.
Thoughts on Spriggan
Spriggan in a nutshell
The Spriggan is the third, most expensive, and most distinct, element of the "clamjack" chassis. It fulfills a completely different role than the Demolisher or the Devastator. It sports a weaker grenade launcher with nice utility against stealthy targets, and a shield to put its ARM above the average Khador level. Its war lance is also the second most powerful warjack weapon in the faction (excluding Colossals).
Combos & Synergies
If you are expecting stealthy targets in any form, you will definitely want this jack. As it is no slouch in melee either, extra mobility and accuracy are most welcome.
- Casters with Superiority - Irusk1 or Strakhov.
- Butcher 1 - Under Fury and his feat, this baby delivers a MAT 8 P+S 21 hit, with 4D6 on the damage roll.
- "Jack Casters" - Karchev and Harkevich, both offer quite a lot for melee capable, tough jacks, especially SPD buff.
- Sorscha1 - her feat will make sure that your charge attack connects
- Sorscha2 - how about some Pathfinder from Boundless Charge? And what about one-rounding a heavy under her feat with the War Lance?
Drawbacks & Downsides
- Lower MAT than the Juggernaut chassis (partially offset by Powerful Charge)
- Your most expensive non-character warjack, It's price tag is even higher than some character choices, like Ruin.
- If you're not going to use its targeting Flare, there are way cheaper alternatives.
- Torch can do 99% of its job, and is a point cheaper.
Tricks & Tips
- Targeting Flare does not require an attack roll, you just simply place the templates - meaning that not even the most elusive targets will escape.
- Enemies just have to be within, not completely within the flare's AOE; feel free to spread it to multiple models, if possible.
- The plastic Spriggan is sold in one box together with options for the Demolisher and the Devastator.
- Originally released in Warmachine: Superiority (2006)
Themes for generic warjacks (Edit)
Other faction models
|Khador - Theme Forces (Edit)|
|Winter Guard Kommand|