|For more info on why we're moving to a new server, check out the Brief History section on the new main page, and/or listen to episode 45 of the LOS podcast|
| If you have made an edit within the last month or so, please check the new server and see if it was copied by the autobot. |
You may need to copy-paste your work to the new server manually. Sorry.
Recently unleashed upon the enemies of the Retribution, House Vyre’s myrmidons were developed with distinct capabilities all their own. The Sphinx rends its enemies with twin force claws or uses its runespear cannon to shatter an enemy’s mystical defenses, making it more vulnerable to magical attacks.
|See also How to Read the statblock|
- Runespear Cannon - 10" range, POW 12 gun
- Heavy Force Claw - 2" reach, P+S 17 melee weapon
- Light Force Claw - 1" reach, P+S 15 melee weapon
- Open Fist - As above
- Warjack - All warjacks share the same set of special rules. Most notably being big and stompy.
- Construct - This model is a construct and is not a living model.
Thoughts on Sphinx
Sphinx in a nutshell
Cheapish, resilient beatstick with a not so great gun for a heavy.
Combos & Synergies
- Rahn - A spellslinger who uses other spellslingers that go from range ten with most spells to range thirteen! Add that with Rahn's feat. and an extra sphinx or two and you can really bully most of the field with fifteen inch magic pew pews!
- Battle Mages are a must with the Sphinx, if you want to get some good usage out of this Egyptian monument pair him up with your favorite powerfist team of six. Then have him stand in front (or to the side) find a key target, and rein 'em in! YEAH!!!
Drawbacks & Downsides
- The Sphinx has a very niche role - too niche. He has one goal and that's to work with spellcasters and hit stuff, after that he is just a semi-cheap wolverine gundam.
- You pay for the gun when most of the time you bring it as a cheap beat-stick rather than any desire to use the gun.
Tricks & Tips
Originally released in the Warmachine: Wrath expansion (2011)
Themes for any-and-all warjacks (Edit)
- Defenders of Ios (Article) (Category)
- Legions of Dawn (Article) (Category)
- Shadows of the Retribution (Article) (Category)
Other Retribution models
|Retribution Mercenary Models/Units|
|Units||Lady Aiyana & Master Holt - Lynus Wesselbaum & Edrea Lloryrr|
|Solos||Dahlia Hallyr & Skarath - Eilish Garrity - Madelyn Corbeau, Ordic Courtesan|
| * The "Damage Type: Magical" is not inherited by "secondary" damage from a weapon. That is, stuff like arcs (Electro Leap) or hazards (Scather). (Infernal Ruling)