|This server will go offline in September 2018. Please migrate to our new server, Warmachine University|
|For more info on why we're moving to a new server, check out the Brief History section on the new main page, and/or listen to episode 45 of the LOS podcast|
| If you have made an edit within the last month or so, please check the new server and see if it was copied by the autobot. |
You may need to copy-paste your work to the new server manually. Sorry.
Drawn to the dying, the soul trapper stalks the front lines with both eagerness and desperation. Its arms continually wrest souls of the recently departed from the air, limbs darting here and there like the workings of a manic threshing machine. It crams its stolen harvest into prepared chambers akin to soul cages within its body, where they await transference to other, mightier entities. It is said the screams of the souls transferred through the creation’s chest can be heard echoing from its ribcage long after they have gone, though few mortals have ever gotten close enough to hear.
|See also How to Read the statblock|
- Mechano-Claw - 0.5" reach, P+S 8 melee attack
- Undead - This model is an undead model and not a living model.
- Soul Taker: Collector - This model collects souls from living enemies who die within its CMD range. This model can store up to three souls and spend them for the following:
Thoughts on Soul Trapper
Soul Trapper in a Nutshell
They catch souls and that's about it. They don't have any other function. Their advantage is that they're cheap fillers for your army and a good way to catch souls without putting your warcaster, skarlock thrall or withershadow combine at risk. I would recommend only employing them if you need to fill your points and are short by one or two since their pretty weak and aren't really a game changer. Other than that having one with each of your units could possibly be a good idea to generate more souls for your soul takers and in great numbers they could power them up at insane levels of magic.
Combos & Synergies
Who needs souls? The list in is a good start; most Cryx warlocks seem to have Cull Soul as essentially flavour and this allows them to be fed. Notable people who collect souls are:
- Deneghra, the Soul Weaver can spend a soul for a complete cast of Mortality. Or to fully load a helljack.
- Lord Exhumator Scaverous can put souls to better than normal use via Knowledge of the Damned.
- Soulhunters turn incorporeal.
Drawbacks & Downsides
- No combat potential
Tricks & Tips
- Don't worry if these guys get killed. If you get a soul they might have done their job. Two and they certainly have.
- Originally released in the Warmachine: Reckoning expansion (2015).
- Sculptor = Shawn Bruner
- Infernal Machines (Article) (Category)
- Dark Host (Article) (Category)
- Black Industries (Article) (Category)
Other Cryx models
|Warcasters|| Captain Bartolo - Captain Damiano - Cognifex - Drake MacBain - Exulon - Fiona - Magnus1 - Magnus2|
Requires a 2+ caster game.
|Other Controllers||Raluk Moorclaw (Marshal) - Rorsh & Brine (Lesser Warlock) - Wrongeye & Snapjaw (Lesser Warlock)|
|Warjacks, Warbeasts, & Monstrosities||The mercenary battlegroup members you can include in a Cryx army depends entirely on what type of model is commanding them. There are too many permutations to list here, please refer to one of the model entries above for full details of what it can take.|
|Mercenary Units, Solos, & Battle Engines|
|Units||Press Gangers - Sea Dog Deck Gun - Sea Dog Pirates & CA & WA - Steelhead Halberdiers - Steelhead Heavy Cavalry - Steelhead Riflemen|
|Solos|| Ogrun Bokur - Swamp Gobber Raiders