Theme - Shadows of the Retribution
Retribution Theme Force
The Retribution of Scyrah's mage hunters traditionally undertake clandestine missions executed by solo operatives and small teams of elite and dedicated warriors. On rare occasions, however, a show of force is required.
- 1 Theme Rules
- 2 Thoughts on this Theme Force
- 3 Other
Theme Force Restrictions
A Shadows of the Retribution army can only include Retribution models from the following list:
|Allowed models|| Which includes |
Last updated 2017.09
|Retribution warcasters||Too many to bother listing|
| Non-character warjacks
||Too many to bother listing|
|Mage Hunter models/units|
|The following specific models||
|Up to one Mercenary solo and one Mercenary unit|
Theme Force Bonuses
- You may include one Mercenary solo and one Mercenary unit that will work for Retribution.
- These models can be included even if they have the Partisan [Retribution] rule.
- Mercenary units in this army can include attachments.
- For every full 20 points of Retribution units in your army, you can add one Reribution solo to the army free of cost.
- Warrior models/units in the army gain a special version of Take Down, which is exactly the same as normal Take Down except it says "you can choose to RFP the target" instead of "the target is RFP". (Take Down - Models killed in melee by this model cannot use Tough and are RFP'd.)
- You gain +1 to your starting roll.
- Gained access to Mercs. No other changes.
Thoughts on this Theme Force
Shadows of the Retribution in a nutshell
The ninja theme - lots of stealthy skirmish infantry with good DEF and maneuverability, but poor ARM and hitpoints.
Theme strengths & Playing to them
- This is mostly a solos and infantry unit Theme list.
- Just about everything has stealth.
- The list wants to close in fast for an alpha strike, before opponents get a chance to get around the army's stealth.
Theme weaknesses & Mitigating them
- Nearly everything in the list has stealth and uses it as their primary defense from being damaged at range. Usually this is great, but against certain armies, say Cygnar with Captain Kara Sloan, this list could crumble quickly. If you get stuck in such a match-up, close the distance quick and screen, but expect a tough fight if you are kept at range.
- Limited options at range, with only the Mage Hunter Strike Force and whichever Eiryss you bring. Both are great at shooting down warjacks and casters, but will struggle against troops and warbeasts.
- The list is entirely full of glass hammers. Everything hits pretty hard, but gets killed by a stiff breeze.
List Building tips
You almost certainly want at least 40 points in infantry units, in order to get Eiryss and Narn for free.
Potential 50 point list: Garreth, Blade of Retribution +29 -Moros - 11 -Banshee -18
Mage Hunter Strike Force + Force Commander-20 Spears of Scyrah-9 Mage Hunter Infiltrators-13 Narn- 0 Eiryss 1 -0 2 Mage Hunter Assassins-8
Issyria provides her battery of stat fixers, Blinding Light to lock out anti-Stealth ranged threats, and the usual upwards statistical pressure on feat turn.
Ossyan makes MHSF extra murderous with his feat turn damage die.
Rules Clarification : Theme Forces (Edit)
Models in this Theme Force
Refer to Category: Shadows of the Retribution