A former physician who has turned his skills to the ceaseless conflicts of western Immoren, Sergeant Nicolas Verendrye is highly esteemed by those under his command. Verendrye has found his place in the bloody press of melee, employing his medical expertise to keep his men standing and using his keen battlefield acumen to lead them to victory.
Weapons and Attacks
- Pistol - 8" range, POW 10 gun.
- Halberd - 2" reach, P+S 11 melee weapon
- Powerful Charge - This models gains +2 to hit with charge attacks with this weapon.
Thoughts on Sergeant Nicolas Verendrye
Sergeant Nicolas Verendrye in a nutshell
A cheap Solo that makes infantry around him just a bit tougher - Steelhead Halberdiers even more so.
Comparison to Mk2
- The major change is that most of Verendrye's special abilities are now limited to only Steelhead Halberdiers and not all Steelhead models.
- While he still has the Field Medic ability, Verendrye himself no longer has Tough. However Field Medic now covers all friendly living Faction warrior models, including Warcasters and Warlocks.
- Some abilities have had their names changed, but are all otherwise the same.
Combos & Synergies
- Steelhead Halberdiers - This seems the obvious choice since most of the Sergeant's abilities now affect them and only them.
- Field Medic is still useful for a lot of Merc units who don't already have Tough, including Warcasters/Warlocks. Handy if you don't have other options available, though Verendrye is rather squishy without his Halberdier buddies - even more so now that he no longer has Tough himself.
Drawbacks & Downsides
- Gives others Tough, but doesn't have it himself which paints a big ol' target on him. If he's not well defended he's going to die quickly and take that tough bubble with him.
- Wall of Steel doesn't help the Halberdiers much except against low POW blast damage.
Tricks & Tips
How can I include this model in my army?
Mercenaries are a bit more complicated than regular faction models, they can be taken in one of three different ways.
- This model can be included in a pure Mercenary army.
- This model can be included in the following Faction armies:
- This model can be included in the following theme forces:
Other Mercenary models
| Mercenary - Faction models (Edit)
Rules Clarification : Powerful Charge - None yet. (Edit)
Rules Clarification : Flank (Edit)
- You can gain the Flank bonus vs knocked down/stationary models (refer to the latest Errata).
Rules Clarification : Leadership (Edit)
- If you have two Leaders handing out the same buff, then sometimes they stack (Bronzeback) and sometimes they don't (Exemplar Bastion). (Infernal Ruling)
- See specific models for case-by-case clarifications.
Rules Clarification : Set Defense - None yet. (Edit)