Sergeant Nicolas Verendrye
|Crucible Guard CID is now live (Edit)||
A former physician who has turned his skills to the ceaseless conflicts of western Immoren, Sergeant Nicolas Verendrye is highly esteemed by those under his command. Verendrye has found his place in the bloody press of melee, employing his medical expertise to keep his men standing and using his keen battlefield acumen to lead them to victory.
|Sergeant Nicholas Verendrye<br|
|See also How to Read the statblock|
- Pistol - 8" range, POW 10 gun.
- Halberd - 2" reach, P+S 11 melee weapon
- Powerful Charge - This models gains +2 to hit on charge attacks with this weapon.
- Mercenary - will work as a Cryx mercenary, Cygnar mercenary, Khador mercenary, and Protectorate of Menoth mercenary.
- Battle Brothers [Steelhead Halberdiers] - While B2B with one or more Steelhead Halberdiers models, Nicolas gains +2 ARM.
- Field Medic - While within 3" of Nicolas, friendly living Faction warrior models gain Tough.
- Flank [Steelhead Halberdiers] - This model gains +2 to hit and +d6 damage for melee attacks vs enemy models in the melee range of other Steelhead Halberdiers models.
- Leadership [Steelhead Halberdiers] - Friendly Steelhead Halberdiers models in this model's CMD range gain Wall of Steel. (Wall of Steel - This model gains +2 ARM bonus while it is B2B with another model in its unit. )
- Set Defense - Charge attacks, slam attacks, and impact attacks versus this model suffer a -2 to hit penalty.
Thoughts on Sergeant Nicolas Verendrye
Sergeant Nicolas Verendrye in a nutshell
A cheap Solo that makes infantry around him just a bit tougher - Steelhead Halberdiers even more so.
Combos & Synergies
- Steelhead Halberdiers - This seems the obvious choice since most of the Sergeant's abilities now affect them and only them. Possibly effective with Constance Blaize to provide an additional ARM boost on her feat turn.
- Field Medic is still useful for a lot of Merc units who don't already have Tough, including Warcasters/Warlocks. Handy if you don't have other options available, though Verendrye is rather squishy without his Halberdier buddies - even more so now that he no longer has Tough himself.
- In an Irregulars army with pirates, he can give Sea Dog Pirates tough without having to spend a coin from Lord Rockbottom. Combine with Doc Killingsworth and Bosun Grogspar and you've used up all your free solos!
Drawbacks & Downsides
- He faces stiff competition from much more powerful solos in every theme he's allowed in. So nobody takes him.
- Wall of Steel doesn't help the Halberdiers much except against low POW blast damage.
- In Kingmakers he can't be paired with Gibbs.
Tricks & Tips
|Cryx (Edit)||Cygnar (Edit)|
| Khador (Edit)
||Protectorate of Menoth (Edit)|
Other Mercenary models