Designed to fill an anti-infantry battlefield role, the Sentinel creates a wall of gunfire with its arm-mounted chain gun. In addition to this blistering attack, the Sentinel can provide invaluable defense for key personnel with its resilient assault shield.
|ARM|| 16 / 18|
|(★) 18 when you include the shield bonus|
|See also How to Read the statblock|
Weapons and Attacks
- Chain Gun - 10" range, POW 10, ROF d3 gun.
- Shield - 0.5" reach, P+S 11 melee weapon.
- Shield - This 'weapon' is a shield that provides a cumulative +2 ARM bonus. The bonus doesn't apply if the weapon is crippled or if the damage originates in your back arc.
- Warjack - All warjacks share the same set of special rules. Most notably being big and stompy.
- Construct - This model is a construct and is not a living model.
- Shield Guard - When a friendly model within 3" is directly hit by a non-spray ranged attack, this model can be directly hit instead.
Thoughts on Sentinel
Sentinel in a nutshell
The Sentinel is a cheap and tough shield guard with some anti-infantry shooting. You take it for shield guard and get some work out of it because it's a warjack.
Combos & Synergies
- Any jack marshal. There's no reason giving it extra focus is worthwhile - and both Drives and adding a bonus to hit with all its shots works.
- Like almost all of the casters, Caine3 needs a Shield guard - and why not one which can profit from Calamity and his feat? All of a sudden, your shots' strength are on par with a Defender's cannon.
Drawbacks & Downsides
- It has one of the worst melee games of any non-Rhulic warjack. Of course that's not why you take it.
- Both the Ogrun Bokur and the Trench Buster are cheaper shield guards (although nowhere near as tough)
- With random number of shots, it's already bad damage potential can seem even worse (or better) than expected. Don't expect it to hold off too much infantry on its own.
Tricks & Tips
- Remember it can slam. And is better slamming than in normal melee.
- Originally released in Warmachine: Prime (2003)
Themes for non-character warjacks (Edit)
- Gravediggers - (Article) (Category)
- Heavy Metal (Article) (Category)
- Storm Division - (Article) (Category)
Other faction models