|This server will go offline in September 2018. Please migrate to our new server, Warmachine University|
|For more info on why we're moving to a new server, check out the Brief History section on the new main page, and/or listen to episode 45 of the LOS podcast|
| If you have made an edit within the last month or so, please check the new server and see if it was copied by the autobot. |
You may need to copy-paste your work to the new server manually. Sorry.
Designed to fill an anti-infantry battlefield role, the Sentinel creates a wall of gunfire with its arm-mounted chain gun. In addition to this blistering attack, the Sentinel can provide invaluable defense for key personnel with its resilient assault shield.
|ARM|| 16 / 18|
|(★) 18 when you include the shield bonus|
|See also How to Read the statblock|
Weapons and Attacks
- Chain Gun - 10" range, POW 10, ROF d3 gun.
- Shield - 0.5" reach, P+S 11 melee weapon.
- Shield - This 'weapon' is a shield that provides a cumulative +2 ARM bonus. The bonus doesn't apply if the weapon is crippled or if the damage originates in your back arc.
- Warjack - All warjacks share the same set of special rules. Most notably being big and stompy.
- Construct - This model is a construct and is not a living model.
- Shield Guard - Once per round, when a friendly model is directly hit by a non-spray ranged attack during your opponent's turn while within 3" of this model, you can choose to have this model directly hit instead. This model is automatically hit and suffers all damage and effects. This model cannot use Shield Guard while it is incorporeal, knocked down, or stationary.
Thoughts on Sentinel
Sentinel in a nutshell
The Sentinel is a cheap and tough shield guard with some anti-infantry shooting. You take it for shield guard and get some work out of it because it's a warjack.
Combos & Synergies
- Any jack marshal. There's no reason giving it extra focus is worthwhile - and both Drives and adding a bonus to hit with all its shots works.
- Like almost all of the casters, Caine3 needs a Shield guard - and why not one which can profit from Calamity and his feat? All of a sudden, your shots' strength are on par with a Defender's cannon.
- The Journeyman Warcaster. Need Arcane Shield? Don't want to splash out on a fancy warjack for them? Do you want to keep your Journeyman really safe behind the lines? Let the work experience guy/gal polish their hand cannon while the Sentinel keeps your warcaster safe from guns.
Drawbacks & Downsides
- It has one of the worst melee games of any non-Rhulic warjack. Of course that's not why you take it.
- Both the Ogrun Bokur and the Trench Buster are cheaper shield guards (although nowhere near as tough)
- With random number of shots, it's already bad damage potential can seem even worse (or better) than expected. Don't expect it to hold off too much infantry on its own.
Tricks & Tips
- Remember it can slam. And is better slamming than in normal melee.
- Originally released in Warmachine: Prime (2003)
Themes for non-character warjacks (Edit)
- Gravediggers - (Article) (Category)
- Heavy Metal (Article) (Category)
- Sons of the Tempest - (Article) (Category)
- Storm Division - (Article) (Category)
Other faction models