Eager to devour any who pass within reach of their webbed claws, the sea kings have heard Hoarluk Doomshaper’s call and ventured from the seas. Rising out of ancient legend to bring horror from the deep to the foes of the Trollbloods, these enormous marine beasts can easily smash a ship’s hull and devour its entire crew, leaving nothing but splintered timbers behind.
|See also How to Read the statblock|
- Vomit Swarm - 10" range, 3" AOE, POW 13 gun
- Continuous Corrosion - A model hit by this attack suffers continuous corrosion, which has a chance of doing a single point of damage each turn.
- Poison - This weapon gains an additional die on damage rolls against living models.
- Scuttering Swarm - After determining the point of impact, another 3" AOE is deviated from there. Models hit by the additional AOE suffer a POW 7 blast damage roll and continuous corrosion.
- Big Meaty Fist - 2" reach, P+S 19
- Anchor - 2" reach, P+S 20
- Gargantuan - Gargantuans are giant warbeasts, even bigger and stompier than normal. They all share a stack of standard special rules.
- Amphibious - This model treats shallow water as open terrain while advancing. While completely in shallow water, this model gains concealment and does not block line of sight.
- Pathfinder - This model treats rough terrain as open terrain while advancing. While charging, slam power attacking, or trample power attacking, this model does not stop its movement when it contacts an obstacle.
- Bulldoze - When this model is B2B with an enemy model during its Normal Movement, it can push that model up to 2" directly away from it. A model can be pushed by Bulldoze only once per activation. Bulldoze has no effect when this model makes a trample power attack.
- Snacking - When this model boxes a living model with a melee attack, it can choose to remove the boxed model from play. When it does this, this model can remove d3 damage points.
Vortex of the Deep - Cost 2", 8" range, 4" AOE, Offensive Animus that does no damage
- On a direct hit, push models within 2˝ of the model directly hit 2˝ directly toward it in the order you choose. This spell’s AOE is shallow water that remains in play for one round.
2017.07 Northkin CID - Sea King got several buffs
- Cost reduced to 36 points (from 42)
- Vomit Swarm range increased to 10" (from 8")
- Vortex changed to always have a 4" AOE (used to require a direct hit to trigger the AOE)
Thoughts on Sea King
Feel free to remove this warning if you, personally, have a good level of gameplay experience with the model, have reviewed this article, and either you A) agree with the content 100% or B) for the parts you disagree with, you don't strongly disagree; and it's more a case of differing opinions between you and previous editors rather than incorrect content / bad advice.
Sea King in a nutshell
The Sea King is the third Trollblood gargantuan - and it has a threat range 2" longer than the other two for melee and it hits harder.
Combos & Synergies
- Get Rage on him if you really want to kill something dead.
- Mulg can animi cast by your warcaster.
- Earthborn Dire Trolls receive a defense buff from the puddles.
- Amphibious minions can gain concealment from the puddles; Croak Trappers get stealth.
Drawbacks & Downsides
- The Sea King is a big and debuffable target.
- It really needs all its fury cleared off it. If your opponent messes with your fury management, you're going to have a bad time.
Tricks & Tips
- Got an enemy sitting just out of charge range of your troops? Run a cheap model in front of them, cast Vortex of the Deep at your own model, and push the enemy into your unit's charge range.
- Just be careful you don't block your own charges with the cheap model.
- Kriel Company - (Article) (Category)
- Themes for any-and-all warbeasts (Edit)
Other Trollblood models
|Warlocks||Bloody Barnabas - Calaban - Helga - Jaga-Jaga - Lord Carver - Maelok - Midas - Rask - Sturm & Drang|
Requires a 2+ warlock game
|Other Controllers|| Lesser Warlocks: Brun & Lug - Dahlia & Skarath - Rorsh & Brine - Wrongeye & Snapjaw
|Warjacks & Warbeasts||The minion battlegroup members you can include in a Trollblood army depends entirely on what type of model is commanding them. There are too many permutations to list here, please refer to one of the model entries above for full details of what minions it can control.|
|Minion Units, Solos, & Battle Engines|
|Units||Bog Trog Ambushers - Croak Raiders - Bone Grinders - Brigands - Commandos - Razorback Crew - Slaughterhousers - Bokur & Swamp Shamblers - Gatorman Posse - Gobber Bellows|
|Solos||Mist Speaker - Bog Trog Trawler - Croak Hunter - Efaarit Scouts - Feralgeist - Witch Doctor - Gobber Tinker - Gremlin Swarm - Ogrun Bokur - Gobber Chef - Thrullg - Totem Hunter|
|Battle Engines||Meat Thresher|
Bulldoze - General
Moving Bulldozers and Bulldozed models