Sea Dog Deck Gun
|Crucible Guard CID is now live (Edit)||
|Sea Dog Deck Gun|
|Unit Size|| 1 Gunner|
|See also How to Read the statblock|
- Gunner only
- Deck Gun - 12" range, 3" AOE, POW 13 gun
- Hand Weapon - 0.5" reach, P+S 8 melee weapon
- Hand Weapon - As above
- Mercenary - will work as a Cryx mercenary, Cygnar mercenary, Khador mercenary, and as a Protectorate of Menoth mercenary
- Reposition [3"] - At the end of an activation in which it did not run or fail a charge, this model can advance up to 3", then its activation ends.
- Man-Sized - This model is on a large base, but is treated as being on a small one.
- Mobile Artillery - When this model moves, it gains 1" additional movement for each Grunt nearby.
- Take Up - If this model is killed you may instead remove a Grunt within 1". Remove any effects on this model, and apply any effects that were on the old grunt.
- Reposition [3"] - As above
Thoughts on Sea Dog Deck Gun
Sea Dog Deck Gun in a nutshell
The Deck Gun is that rare piece that is overpriced despite being extremely cheap. The low accuracy and POW of the gun renders it ineffective against pretty much all targets and so the best you can hope for out of the unit is some good blast scatters onto unprotected infantry. There are better ways to spend 3 points.
Combos & Synergies
- Lord Rockbottom can give the deck gun coins to make it harder hitting
- Master Gunner Dougal Macnaille gives them +1 to hit and extra range for a turn
- Captain Phinneus Shae makes it move faster
Drawbacks and Downsides
- Not terribly long ranged
Tricks and Tips
Released in Forces of Warmachine: Pirates of the Broken Coast (2007)
|Cygnar (Edit)||Khador (Edit)|
|Protectorate of Menoth (Edit)|
Other Mercenary models