Mercenary Privateer Weapon Crew
Weapons and Attacks
Hand Weapon - 0,5" range, P+S 8 melee weapon
Deck Gun 12" range, AOE 3, POW 13 gun
- Mercenary - will work for Cryx, Cygnar, Khador, and the Protectorate
- Sea Dog
- Reposition [_"] - At the end of an activation in which it did not run or fail a charge, this model can advance up to _", then its activation ends.
- Man-Sized - This model is on a large base, but is treated as being on a small one.
- Mobile Artillery - When this model moves, it gains additional movement for each Grunt nearby.
- Take Up - If this model is killed you may instead remove a Grunt within 1". Remove any effects on this model, and apply any effects that were on the old grunt.
Thoughts on Sea Dog Deck Gun
Sea Dog Deck Gun in a nutshell
You read everywhere on the site, that this and that infantry tend to die to blast damage, but don't know, how to acquire one? The deck gun is among the cheapest way to get some AOE shooting onto the board. Being dirt cheap, this artillery provides (very) low grade shooting to support the Sea Dogs, and the forces they accept them, as mercenaries.
Combos & Synergies
Drawbacks and Downsides
- Not terribly long ranged
Tricks and Tactics
Changes from Mk2
- Standard artillery upgrades and it got cheaper.
- Lost a point of ARM
- Gunner lost a point of SPD, gained Mobile Artillery to compensate
- Lost Gang
- Lost Range Finder
- Gained Reposition
Rules Clarification : Reposition (Edit)
- Models out of formation cannot move via Reposition. Refer to the "Out of Formation" rules in the core rulebook.
- You cannot trigger abilities that occur "at the end of activation" (such as Sprint) after resolving Reposition, because your activation has ended. Click here for a detailed explanation
- You cannot trigger abilities that occur "at any time" (such as Go To Ground) during a Reposition. Because you can't trigger it while moving, and after moving your activation has ended.
- This holds true even if it's a unit with multiple Reposition moves. (Infernal Ruling)
Rules Clarification : Man-Sized (Edit)
- Despite being mounted on a large base, the model counts as a small-base for any and every rule. (Infernal Ruling)
- This includes Ranking Officers being able to join them. (Infernal Ruling)
- This includes abilities that only work vs small-based models (such as Consume, Trampling over them, etc). Those work just fine vs Man-Sized models.
- When drawing LOS it blocks LOS across the full width of its base (some players think you should swap it for a small proxy base when trying to draw LOS past the edge of its base ... don't do that).
- Since it only counts as a small-based model, it only blocks LOS to other small-based models. You can see medium and larger bases through it just fine.
Rules Clarification : Mobile Artillery - None yet. (Edit)
Rules Clarification : Take Up - None yet. (Edit)
Theme Forces this is a member of
| Mercenary - Faction models (Edit)