|This server will go offline in September 2018. Please migrate to our new server, Warmachine University|
|For more info on why we're moving to a new server, check out the Brief History section on the new main page, and/or listen to episode 45 of the LOS podcast|
| If you have made an edit within the last month or so, please check the new server and see if it was copied by the autobot. |
You may need to copy-paste your work to the new server manually. Sorry.
Scrap thralls are made by Necrotechs from heaps of bone and metal taken from corpses and destroyed 'jacks. Once animated, these thralls shamble forth as delivery vehicles for necrotite-enchanced bombs.
|Cost||2 for 3 solos|
|See also How to Read the statblock|
- Mechano-Claw - 0.5" reach, P+S 8 melee weapon
- Death Burst (★ Attack) - Suicide attack that produces a 4" AOE that damages everything underneath with unboostable damage rolls. If the melee attack hits, POW is above average centered on target. If the attack misses, POW is below average centered on the scrap thrall. Either way, scrap thrall is removed from play.
- Undead - This model is an undead model and not a living model.
- Thrall Bomb - When disabled, explodes in a 4" AOE causing below average POW damage rolls to models under the AOE and then this model is removed from play.
Thoughts on Scrap Thrall
Scrap Thrall in a Nutshell
Scrap Thralls are a very cheap option. They are the cheapest models in the game and this shows in their stats & abilities (or lack thereof). But if you need some cheap troops to cast spells on, or just like the idea of exploding troops, or a cheap option to block charge lanes, Scrap Thralls are your men.
Combos & Synergies
Being the extremely cheap units, this actually makess them useful to a number of caster who sacrifice their own troops.
- You can use them as Sacrificial Pawns for Terminus.
- They can be used as targeting beacons for AoE spells and attacks against units who are otherwise cannot be hit.
- Fuel for Goreshade2's feat.
- Fuel for Mortenebra's Sacrificial Lamb spell.
- Fuel for Skarre1's Ritual Sacrifice spell.
Drawbacks & Downsides
- You can't leave them too close to your own lines, because they'll get exploded by enemy ranged attacks. And Cryx infantry don't have enough ARM to survive random explosions.
- You can't leave them too close to each other, because they'll daisy chain with the explosion of one causing others to explode. Unless that was your plan.
- They're great against enemy low-ARM infantry, but typically such enemy infantry has enough SPD to simply avoid Scrappies.
- You can't use Death Burst on a free strike.
Tricks & Tips
- Run Scrap Thralls into the enemy, then shoot them in the back.
- Originally released in Warmachine: Prime (2003) along with the Necrotech
- Infernal Machines (Article) (Category)
- Dark Host (Article) (Category)
- Black Industries (Article) (Category)
Other Cryx models
|Warcasters|| Captain Bartolo - Captain Damiano - Cognifex - Drake MacBain - Exulon - Fiona - Magnus1 - Magnus2|
Requires a 2+ caster game.
|Other Controllers||Raluk Moorclaw (Marshal) - Rorsh & Brine (Lesser Warlock) - Wrongeye & Snapjaw (Lesser Warlock)|
|Warjacks, Warbeasts, & Monstrosities||The mercenary battlegroup members you can include in a Cryx army depends entirely on what type of model is commanding them. There are too many permutations to list here, please refer to one of the model entries above for full details of what it can take.|
|Mercenary Units, Solos, & Battle Engines|
|Units||Press Gangers - Sea Dog Deck Gun - Sea Dog Pirates & CA & WA - Steelhead Halberdiers - Steelhead Heavy Cavalry - Steelhead Riflemen|
|Solos|| Ogrun Bokur - Swamp Gobber Raiders