Scharde Dirge Seers
|Crucible Guard CID is now live (Edit)||
|Scharde Dirge Seers|
|See also How to Read the statblock|
- Claws - 0.5" reach, no damage roll
- Battle Wizard - Once per turn during its activation, when this model destroys one or more living enemy models with a melee attack, it can use one of its Magic Abilities for free afterwards.
- Dodge - When an enemy misses this model with an attack at any time except when it is advancing, this model can immediately advance 2" ignoring free strikes.
- Magic Ability [ 6 ] - This model can use its Combat Action to cast spells. Offensive spells are a (★ Attack) and friendly spells are a (★ Action).
- Guidance (★ Action) - Target friendly model gains Eyeless Sight and its weapons gain Damage Type: Magical.
- Hex Bolt (★ Attack) - Range 6, POW13. For one round, models hit cannot make special actions, attacks, or power attacks.
- Summon Vortex (★ Action) - Centre a 3" cloud AOE on the caster. The cloud moves with the caster and leaves play if the caster does. While in the AOE, enemy models suffer -2 to attack rolls.
- Riposte - When it is missed by an enemy melee attack, immediately after the attack is resolved this model can make one basic melee attack against the attacking model.
Thoughts on Scharde Dirge Seers
Feel free to remove this warning if you, personally, have a good level of gameplay experience with the model, have reviewed this article, and either you A) agree with the content 100% or B) for the parts you disagree with, you don't strongly disagree; and it's more a case of differing opinions between you and previous editors rather than incorrect content / bad advice.
Scharde Dirge Seers in a nutshell
A combination offense and utility support unit, the Dirge Seers should be an annoyance to your opponent while helping deliver your army. Hex Bolt shutting down special attacks, power attacks, Guidance granting magic weapons and Eyeless Sight, and Summon Vortex to protect your back line and themselves, the Dirge Seers have an excellent set of spells. Battle Wizard, MAT 7, and Needle allow them to deal with infantry while still applying their spells. Don’t forget about Dodge and Riposte!
Combos & Synergies
Drawbacks & Downsides
Tricks & Tips
- If an enemy misses you, Dodge triggers before Riposte (Appendix A Step 12 vs Step 14). Use it to get into the enemies back arc, or simply to get away from non-living models.
- Originally released in the Black Fleet CID (2017.11)
Other Cryx models
|Warcasters|| Captain Bartolo - Captain Damiano - Cognifex - Drake MacBain - Exulon - Fiona - Magnus1 - Magnus2|
Requires a 2+ caster game.
|Other Controllers||Raluk Moorclaw (Marshal) - Rorsh & Brine (Lesser Warlock) - Wrongeye & Snapjaw (Lesser Warlock)|
|Warjacks, Warbeasts, & Monstrosities||The mercenary battlegroup members you can include in a Cryx army depends entirely on what type of model is commanding them. There are too many permutations to list here, please refer to one of the model entries above for full details of what it can take.|
|Mercenary Units, Solos, & Battle Engines|
|Units||Press Gangers - Sea Dog Deck Gun - Sea Dog Pirates & CA & WA - Steelhead Halberdiers - Steelhead Heavy Cavalry - Steelhead Riflemen|
|Solos|| Ogrun Bokur - Swamp Gobber Raiders
| * The "Damage Type: Magical" is not inherited by "secondary" damage from a weapon. That is, stuff like arcs (Electro Leap) or hazards (Scather). (Infernal Ruling)