Saxon Orrik is as legendary for his savage cruelty as for his mastery of the wilds. Long ago Orrik taught a younger Professor Pendrake how to survive in the fringes, but the two diverged on ethical grounds. Where Pendrake respects life, Orrik savors killing as its own reward. His tireless efforts have enabled the skorne to cross the Bloodstone Desert to conduct their war.
- 1 Basic Info
- 2 Other
- 3 Other
Weapons and Attacks
- Military Rifle - 10" Range, POW 11 gun
- Sword - 0,5" range, P+S 10 melee weapon
- Skinning Knife - 0,5" range, P+S 8 melee weapon
- Inflict Pain - If this weapon hits a warbeast you can change its fury total by 1 either way.
- Mercenary - He'll work with Cryx, Khador, & Protectorate.
- Minion - Also willing to work with Circle, Skorne, & Trollbloods.
- Advance Deployment - Models with advance deployment are placed after normal deployment and may be placed up to 6" further forward.
- Pathfinder - This model treats rough terrain as open terrain while advancing. While charging, slam power attacking, or trample power attacking, this model does not stop its movement when it contacts an obstacle.
- Stealth - Ranged and magic attacks targeting this model from a point of origin greater than 5˝ away automatically miss. This model is not an intervening model when determining line of sight from a model more than 5˝ away.
- Tough - When this model is disabled, roll a d6. On a 5 or 6, remove 1 damage point from this model; it is no longer disabled and becomes knocked down. While knocked down this model loses Tough.
- Blind Spot - If a warbeast misses a melee attack against this model, it may immediatly make a melee attack against that warbeast.
- Dismember - If you hit a warbeast in melee you get an additional die on the damage roll.
- Reconnaissance (★ Action) - Give a nearby warrior model or unit Pathfinder.
- Reposition [_"] - At the end of an activation in which it did not run or fail a charge, this model can advance up to _", then its activation ends.
Analysis of Saxon Orrik
Saxon Orrik in a Nutshell
You take Saxon Orrik for one reason and one alone (although he's not bad at annoying warbeasts): he provides Pathfinder on a stick to warrior models/units, and Pathfinder is an extremely useful ability. He's also very difficult to kill with Stealth and Tough, while Pathfinder and Reposition make it hard to lock him down to finish him off.
Combos & Synergies
Drawbacks & Downsides
- His Pathfinder action only works on warrior models/units; no warjacks, warbeasts, or cards that specifically say it is not a warrior model.
- While he has abilities that are good against warbeasts in melee, he's not actually very good at melee.
- Viktor Pendrake and Lynus Wesselbaum & Edrea Lloryrr hate him and won't be in the same army with him.
- A lot of factions have better alternatives:
- Circle has Pathfinder just about everywhere
- The Protectorate of Menoth prefers Rhupert Carvolo, Piper of Ord if they want to buff units with Pathfinder
- Trollbloods prefer the Fell Caller Hero
- Skorne have a lot of melee infantry already either with Pathfinder or Relentless Charge (or in one case able to go Incorporeal).
Tricks & Tips
Changes from Mk II
- Saxon used to be able to give Pathfinder to warjacks as well.
How can I include this model in my army?
Mercenary-Minion models are a bit more complicated than regular faction models, they can be taken in one of four different ways:
- This model can be included in a pure Mercenary army.
- This model can be included in a pure Minion army.
- This model can be included in the following Faction armies:
- This model can be included in the following theme forces:
Other faction models
Since this model is a Minion-Mercenary model, we have omitted displaying the indices (because it'd take up half the page to display everything that is in two full factions). Refer the links instead: