Savio Montero Acosta
The Ordsman Savio Montero Acosta is determined to test himself against the finest melee combatants the Iron Kingdoms has to offer in his relentless pursuit of martial transcendence. As an unabashed Thamarite and a master swordsman, Acosta regards perfecting his own abilities to be the highest calling. Armed with twin storm glaives, a legacy of his time fighting alongside Cygnar’s Malcontents, this duelist faces down the mightiest of foes. Few combatants can hope to match his prowess—and those are precisely the opponents he seeks most fervently.
- 1 Basic Info
- 2 Thoughts on Savio Montero Acosta
- 3 Other
|Savio Montero Acosta|
|See also How to Read the statblock|
Weapons and Attacks
- Storm Glaive Blast (x2) - 4" range, POW 12 guns
- Storm Glaive (x2) - 1" reach, P+S 13 melee weapons
- Weapon Master - When attacking with this weapon, add an additional die to its damage rolls.
- Mercenary This model will work for Cygnar.
- Immunity: Electricity - This model is not damaged by electric weapons, and is ignored when determining lightning arcs.
- Dodge - When an enemy misses this model with an attack at any time except when it is advancing, this model immediately advance 2" ignoring free strikes.
- Riposte - When it is missed by an enemy melee attack, immediately after the attack is resolved this model can make one basic melee attack against the attacking model.
- Swift Vengeance - If one or more friendly warrior models were destroyed or removed from play by enemy attacks while within 5" of Savio during the last round, during your Maintenance Phase Savio can advance 3" and make one basic melee attack.
Thoughts on Savio Montero Acosta
Savio Montero Acosta in a nutshell
Ultra fast, glass-cannon murder machine. Buff his DEF for maximum effect.
Combos & Synergies
- Bullet Dodger from Magnus the Warlord turns him into the male version of Ashlynn.
- He lacks Partisan, so in Cygnar, he is never friendly faction. He can receive indirect buffs, such as Haley 2 using Telekinesis to drag his target closer or Haley 1 using Temporal Barrier to reduce the enemy's defense.
Drawbacks & Downsides
- He can't survive dedicated shooting without some protection.
Tricks & Tips
- His walk and shoot range (11") is identical to his charge range, and he is far superior in melee combat. The sole reason to ever use his guns would be if the target is unchargeable or Savio isn't allowed to charge for some reason.
Changes from Mk2
- He lost Steady.
- Swift vengeance's movement was cut in half
Originally appeared in "Into the Storm," an Iron Kingdoms novel, recruited as a Stormblade under Hugh Madigan. He disappeared towards the end of the story, taking his equipment with him.
How can I include this model in my army?
Mercenary models are a bit more complicated than regular faction models, they can be taken in one of three different ways:
- This model can be included in a pure Mercenary army.
- This model can be included in the following Faction armies:
- This model can be included in the following theme forces:
Other Mercenary models