Savio Montero Acosta
|Armored Corps CID is now live (Edit)|
|Articles you can help complete (Edit)|
The Ordsman Savio Montero Acosta is determined to test himself against the finest melee combatants the Iron Kingdoms has to offer in his relentless pursuit of martial transcendence. As an unabashed Thamarite and a master swordsman, Acosta regards perfecting his own abilities to be the highest calling. Armed with twin storm glaives, a legacy of his time fighting alongside Cygnar’s Malcontents, this duelist faces down the mightiest of foes. Few combatants can hope to match his prowess—and those are precisely the opponents he seeks most fervently.
|Savio Montero Acosta|
|See also How to Read the statblock|
- Storm Glaive Blast (x2) - 4" range, POW 12 guns
- Storm Glaive (x2) - 1" reach, P+S 13 melee weapons
- Weapon Master - When attacking with this weapon, add an additional die to its damage rolls.
- Mercenary This model will work as a Cygnar mercenary.
- Immunity: Electricity - This model is not damaged by electric weapons, and is ignored when determining lightning arcs.
- Dodge - When an enemy misses this model with an attack at any time except when it is advancing, this model can immediately advance 2" ignoring free strikes.
- Riposte - When it is missed by an enemy melee attack, immediately after the attack is resolved this model can make one basic melee attack against the attacking model.
- Swift Vengeance - If one or more friendly warrior models were destroyed or removed from play by enemy attacks while within 5" of Savio during the last round, during your Maintenance Phase Savio can advance 3" and make one basic melee attack.
Thoughts on Savio Montero Acosta
Savio Montero Acosta in a nutshell
Acosta is an expensive melee solo who has a hard time getting to melee without getting killed due to his 5 measly boxes. If he gets to swing, it might be worth what you paid for him. He's free in Storm Division and a Cygnar faction model, so if you ever see him, that's probably where he'll be.
Combos & Synergies
- You need to maximize his damage output and ensure he is delivered. Things like Ragman, Positive Charge, Telekinesis, Shae's feat, Storm Rager, Kiss of Lyliss and Macbain's feat help accomplish this. The possibilities are numerous, but the question is whether you want to devote so many resources to a single model?
Drawbacks & Downsides
- He can't survive dedicated shooting without some protection.
- It is unlikely he will survive the turn after he charges.
Tricks & Tips
- His walk and shoot range (11") is identical to his charge range, and he is far superior in melee combat. The sole reason to ever use his guns would be if the target is unchargeable or Savio isn't allowed to charge for some reason.
Originally appeared in an Iron Kingdoms Excursions (a collection of short stories by various authors) story by Larry Correia. He later reappeared in Correia's novels "The Malcontents Book One: Into the Storm" and "The Malcontents Book Two: Into the Wild"
|Mercenary|| Cygnar (Edit)
Note: When taken in the Storm Division theme, Savio counts as a Cygnar model and he doesn't count against your "up to one Merc solo" allowance.
Other Mercenary models