Satyxis Raider Captain
|This server will go offline in September 2018. Please migrate to our new server, Warmachine University|
|For more info on why we're moving to a new server, check out the Brief History section on the new main page, and/or listen to episode 45 of the LOS podcast|
| If you have made an edit within the last month or so, please check the new server and see if it was copied by the autobot. |
You may need to copy-paste your work to the new server manually. Sorry.
Raider Captains are some of the fiercest pirates to sail the black waves of the Meredius. Each commands a crew of Satyxis and other inhuman monsters kept in line by barbaric punishments and promise of pillage and bloodshed.Once the inertia of violence has taken a raider captain, she becomes caught up in the slaughter, leaping from victim to victim as the deck runs slick with blood and the air grows heavy with the screams of the dying.
|Satyxis Raider Captain|
|See also How to Read the statblock|
- Lacerator - 2" reach, P+S 9 melee weapon
- Damage Type: Magical - This weapon can damage incorporeal models.
- Chain Weapon - This weapon ignores Buckler, Shield and Shield Wall.
- Weapon Master - When attacking with this weapon, add an additional die to its damage rolls.
- Feedback - If this weapon damages a warjack that is part of a battlegroup, the warjack's controller suffers 1 damage point.
- Knockdown - When a model is hit by an attack with this weapon, it becomes knocked down.
- Horns - 0.5" reach, P+S 8 melee weapon
- Hand Cannon - 12" range, POW 12 gun
- Tough - When this model is disabled, roll a d6. On a 5 or 6, remove 1 damage point from this model; it is no longer disabled and becomes knocked down. While knocked down this model loses Tough.
- Relentless Charge - While advancing as part of a charge, this model gains Pathfinder.
- Sprint - At the end of an activation in which it destroyed or removed from play one or more enemy models with melee attacks, this model can immediately make a full advance, then its activation ends.
- No Sleeping on the Job [Satyxis] - This model and Satyxis models within its command range are immune to knockdown.
2017.11 Black Fleet CID
- Swapped Reposition for Sprint.
- Gained Tough
Thoughts on Satyxis Raider Captain
Satyxis Raider Captain in a Nutshell
The Satyxis Raider Captain is a combat solo useful for causing havoc on single targets. She has decent defense, but is likely to attract enemy attacks more than capable of killing her. Her survival depends on using reposition and LOS to keep her safe until it is time to engage the enemy line.
She has two attacks with elite level MAT that knockdown on hit. This is combined with Relentless Charge and a good speed scorre. This can help other units who might otherwise struggle to hit their target.
Her gun relies on her average RAT (can be improved with aiming), which is essentially something for her to do before she fully engages the enemy.
Combos & Synergies
- Since she has knockdown on both melee weapons (not just critical knockdown), a Satyxis Raider Captain can be a good addition to armies who might struggle to consistently land hits. For instance, Iron Lich Asphyxious hits very hard but not necessarily accurately.
- The No Sleeping on the Job is a great boon for Satyxis Raiders, Skarre1, and/or Skarre2, as those models rely on high DEF to stay alive and being knocked down makes high DEF moot.
- Other Satyxis models also benefit, of course, but the Raiders and Skarre stand out particularly as getting "the most bang for their buck".
Drawbacks & Downsides
- Rather easy to kill.
- She fills a similar niche to the Warwitch Siren - the same points cost, and a comparable level of offensive and defensive power (although for completely different reasons). However the Siren brings options for offense (Venom), support (Empower), and board control (Influence) ... whereas the Captain is (pretty much) limited to just killing stuff.
Tricks & Tips
- An optimal activation will see the Captain trying to charge two targets - one to kill and trigger sprint, and one just to hit and knockdown so the rest of your army can whale on it.
- Released in Forces of Warmachine: Cryx (June 2010)
Other Cryx models
|Warcasters|| Captain Bartolo - Captain Damiano - Cognifex - Drake MacBain - Exulon - Fiona - Magnus1 - Magnus2|
Requires a 2+ caster game.
|Other Controllers||Raluk Moorclaw (Marshal) - Rorsh & Brine (Lesser Warlock) - Wrongeye & Snapjaw (Lesser Warlock)|
|Warjacks, Warbeasts, & Monstrosities||The mercenary battlegroup members you can include in a Cryx army depends entirely on what type of model is commanding them. There are too many permutations to list here, please refer to one of the model entries above for full details of what it can take.|
|Mercenary Units, Solos, & Battle Engines|
|Units||Press Gangers - Sea Dog Deck Gun - Sea Dog Pirates & CA & WA - Steelhead Halberdiers - Steelhead Heavy Cavalry - Steelhead Riflemen|
|Solos|| Ogrun Bokur - Swamp Gobber Raiders
| * The "Damage Type: Magical" is not inherited by "secondary" damage from a weapon. That is, stuff like arcs (Electro Leap) or hazards (Scather). (Infernal Ruling)