|1.6 points each|
|See also How to Read the statblock|
- Ryssovass Blade - 2" reach, P+S 10 melee weapon
- Weapon Master - When attacking with this weapon, add an additional die to its damage rolls.
- Tough - When this model is disabled, roll a d6. On a 5 or 6, remove 1 damage point from this model; it is no longer disabled and becomes knocked down. While knocked down this model loses Tough.
- Defensive Line - While base to base with another model in the unit gain a DEF boost in melee and immunity to knockdown.
- Precision Strike - When damaging a warjack/warbeast with a melee attack, the attacker chooses which column/branch takes the damage.
Thoughts on Ryssovass Defenders
Ryssovass Defenders in a nutshell
On paper, they're suppose to be a tanky unit with Weapon Masters. With 2" Weapon Master and Precision Strike they're a surgical cut against high priority targets. They want to cripple Warjacks and Warbeasts.
Combos & Synergies
They also have a second support solo in the Priest of Nyssor who gives them the situational buff of immunity to cold, and more relevantly, can cast an aura that gives Nyss a +1 to attack rolls.
The other Nyss Solo, Lanyssa Ryssyl is also handy for Hunter's Mark, but that is true for all your melee units, warjacks, solos, and warcaster. She is however thematically appropriate.
Drawbacks & Downsides
- While they're both two distinct units, it looks like these guys and Sentinels will be competing for the same space. Though the Defenders are cheaper.
Tricks & Tips
- Originally released 2017.04
Other Retribution models
|Retribution Mercenary Models/Units|
|Units||Lady Aiyana & Master Holt|
|Solos||Dahlia Hallyr & Skarath - Lanyssa Ryssyl, Nyss Sorceress - Madelyn Corbeau, Ordic Courtesan|