Ruin is a blend of engineering and black magic, an unsettling fusion that has resulted in a malevolently aware machine. Ruin’s scarred chassis is festooned with powerful Orgoth relics that possess a willful hunger to harvest souls and whisper incomprehensibly directly into the warjack’s cortex. Orsus Zoktavir has been entrusted to exploit Ruin as a weapon for the Motherland, whatever the cost.
|See also How to Read the statblock|
Weapons and Attacks
- Armored Fist - 1" reach, P+S 16 melee weapon.
- Black Iron Mace - 2" reach, P+S 18 melee weapon.
- Warjack - All warjacks share the same set of special rules. Most notably being big and stompy.
- Construct - This model is a construct and is not a living model.
- Bond: (Butcher) - If this model begins the game in Butcher's battlegroup, it is bonded to them. This model is not considered to be bonded while under your opponent's control. While this model is bonded to Butcher and in their control range, Boundless Charge (Boundless Charge - Low cost, low range spell. Friendly Faction model gains increased charge range, Pathfinder, and can charge for free.)
- Sacred Ward - This model can't be targeted by enemy spells.
- Soul Taker: Spirit Harvester - This model collects souls from enemies that die nearby and can carry up to 5. At the start of its activation it can convert souls into focus.
- Arcane Vortex - Can negate spells targeting nearby models by spending a focus or token. The negated spell's cost is still paid.
Thoughts on Ruin
Comparison to Mk2
No real cahnge
Ruin in a nutshell
He's a melee beatstick with a focus on anti-magic. Plus he's Butcher's best bud.
Combos & Synergies
- Butcher for obvious reasons.
- Vlad1 and Kommander Oleg Strakhov usually get merit out of Ruin on the sole account of it being a Juggernaut with more melee range.
Drawbacks & Downsides
- He loses a lot of mobility without Butcher.
- He's a character jack. That means everyone wants to kill him.
- Half his job is to be anti magic. If there's not a lot of magic, mind as well uses another jack.
Tricks & Tips
This entry can be found in Warmachine: Reckoning (2015)
Theme Forces this is a member of
When taken in Butcher's battlegroup, this model can be taken in:
When taken in someone else’s battlegroup, this model can’t be taken in theme forces.
Other faction models
|Khador - Theme Forces (Edit)|
|Winter Guard Kommand|