Rorsh & Brine
Rorsh cares nothing for goals or sides in the battles wracking western Immoren and offers his services for reasonable payment and no questions asked. He carries his lever-action pig iron and a fondness for explosives from one battlefield to the next. His greatest weapon is the gargantuan bipedal fighting boar Brine, whom Rorsh takes particular delight in unleashing to rend enemies limb from limb.
- 1 Basic Info
- 2 Thoughts on Rorsh & Brine
- 3 Other
|See also How to Read the statblock|
- Dynomite - 6" range, 4" AOE, POW 12 gun
- Lever Action Pig Iron - 10" range, ROF 2, POW 12 gun
- Cleaver - 0.5" reach, P+S 11 backup melee weapon.
- Mercenary - Will work as a Cryx mercenary, Cygnar mercenary, Khador mercenary, and Protectorate of Menoth mercenary.
- Minions - Will work as a Circle Orboros minion, Legion of Everblight Minion, Skorne minion, and Trollblood minion.
- Lesser Warlock - This model is a solo but functions like a mini-warlock. It has a FURY stat, can buy/boost attacks, cast spells, and control warbeasts. It must have at least one warbeast in its battlegroup.
- Farrow Warlock - This model can only have Farrow Warbeasts in its battlegroup.
- Tough - When this model is disabled, roll a d6. On a 5 or 6, remove 1 damage point from this model; it is no longer disabled and becomes knocked down. While knocked down this model loses Tough.
- Feign Death - While knocked down this model can't be targetted by shooting or spells.
- Diversionary Tactic (★ Action) - Center a 4" AOE on Rorsh. Models in the AOE other than Rorsh and Brine suffer a POW 6 blast damage roll, then Rorsh makes a full advance that ignores free strikes. If Brine was also in the AOE, he can make a full advance that ignores free strikes, too.
- Souie (★ Action) - If Brine is in Rorsh's CTRL range, Brine can immediately advance towards Rorsh.
Pigpen - Cost 2, Upkeep
- While within 3" of Rorsh, enemy models treat open terrain as rough terrain.
- Claw (x2) - 1" reach, P+S 14 melee weapons.
- Gore - 1" reach, P+S 15 melee weapon.
- Warbeast - All warbeasts share a huge stack of special rules. The short version is they're big, furious, and beat stuff up pretty good.
- Bacon - When this model is destroyed, each living warbeast B2B can remove d3 damage points.
- Companion: (Rorsh) - This model only comes with Rorsh, is part of their battlegroup, and when Rorsh dies it leaves play.
- Extended Control Range - Double this model's controlling caster's normal control range when determining if this model is within it.
- Pain Response - While this model is damaged it gets free charges and power attacks.
- Retaliatory Strike - Once per turn when an enemy hits this model in melee, it can hit back. Once.
Pig Farm - Cost 1
- The caster gains an extra dice on melee damage rolls vs living models, and Snacking, for one turn. (Snacking - If this model boxes a living model with an attack it may optionally remove it from play and heal d3 damage points.)
Thoughts on Rorsh & Brine
Rorsh & Brine in a nutshell
That's mobility. Diversionary Tactics + Extended Control Range + Brine charging - 14" non-linear threat range. And still in Rorsh's control area. Brine can really get places and then trash casters and heavy warbeasts (although not warjacks - Pig Farm doesn't help there).
Combos & Synergies
- Battle Boar Because Primal is awesome on Brine if he's being used as a heavy missile. For that matter Primal is awesome when applied to Gator warbeasts like the Swamp Horror and this is how you do it.
Drawbacks and Downsides
- Pillow fisted against warjacks.
Tricks and Tips
Released in Hordes: Metamorphosis (2009).
|Cryx (Edit)||Cygnar (Edit)|
| Khador (Edit)
||Protectorate of Menoth (Edit)|
|Circle Orboros (Edit)|| Legion of Everblight (Edit)
|Skorne (Edit)||Trollbloods (Edit)|
Other Faction models
| M |
|Units, Solos, & Battle Engines|
|Warcaster attachments||Madelyn Corbeau - Reinholdt - Wyshnalyrr|
|Lesser Warlocks||Rorsh & Brine (Farrow) - Wrong Eye & Snapjaw (Gatorman)|
|Units|| Cephalyx Mind Bender - Cephalyx Mind Slaver - Cephalyx Overlords - High Shields - Artillery Corps - Forge Guard - Idrian Skirmishers - Kayazy Assassins - Kayazy Eliminators - Ogrun Assault Corps - Precursor Knights - Press Gangers - Sea Dog Pirates - Deck Gun - Steelhead Halberdiers - Steelhead Heavy Cavalry - Steelhead Riflemen - Tactical Arcanist Corps - Thorn Gun Mages|
Special CA: Cephalyx Dominator
|Character Units||Alexia1 - Sam & The Devil Dogs - Croe's Cutthroats - Nyss Hunters - Blythe & Bull - Boomhowlers - Herne & Jonne - Aiyana & Holt - Lynus & Edrea - Commodore Cannon - Devil's Shadow Mutineers|
|Solos||Cephalyx Agitator - Gobber Tinker - Ogrun Bokur - Swamp Gobber River Raider|
|Character Solos||Alexia2 - Alten Ashley - Anastasia Di Bray - Bloody Bradigan - Bosun Grogspar - Brun & Lug - Colbie - Dahlia & Skarath - Dirty Meg - Doc Killingsworth - Eilish Garrity - Eiryss1 - Eiryss2 - Hawk - Gastone1 - Gorman - Gudrun - Harlan Versh - Hutchuk - Kell Bailoch - Lanyssa - Rockbottom - Major Harrison Gibbs - Dougal - Orin - Ragman - Raluk - Rhupert - Rorsh & Brine - Rutger - Savio - Saxon - Sergeant Nick - Stannis - Taryn - Thor - Viktor - Wrong Eye & Snapjaw|
|Battle Engines||Hammerfall Siege Crawler|
|Theme Forces (Edit)|
|Hammer Strike - The Irregulars - The Kingmaker's Army - Operating Theater - The Talion Charter - Llaelese Resistance|
| See also the Warbeast page for a recap of the core warbeast rules.
Note to Editors