Rorsh & Brine
|Crucible Guard CID is now live (Edit)||
Rorsh cares nothing for goals or sides in the battles wracking western Immoren and offers his services for reasonable payment and no questions asked. He carries his lever-action pig iron and a fondness for explosives from one battlefield to the next. His greatest weapon is the gargantuan bipedal fighting boar Brine, whom Rorsh takes particular delight in unleashing to rend enemies limb from limb.
- 1 Basic Info
- 2 Thoughts on Rorsh & Brine
- 3 Other
|See also How to Read the statblock|
- Dynomite - 6" range, 4" AOE, POW 12 gun
- Lever Action Pig Iron - 10" range, ROF 2, POW 12 gun
- Cleaver - 0.5" reach, P+S 11 backup melee weapon.
- Mercenary - Will work as a Cryx mercenary, Cygnar mercenary, Khador mercenary, and Protectorate of Menoth mercenary.
- Minions - Will work as a Circle Orboros minion, Legion of Everblight Minion, Skorne minion, and Trollblood minion.
- Lesser Warlock - This model is a solo but functions like a mini-warlock. It has a FURY stat, can buy/boost attacks, heal, cast spells, and control warbeasts. It must have at least one warbeast in its battlegroup.
- Farrow Warlock - This model can only have Farrow Warbeasts in its battlegroup.
- Tough - When this model is disabled, roll a d6. On a 5 or 6, remove 1 damage point from this model; it is no longer disabled and becomes knocked down. While knocked down this model loses Tough.
- Feign Death - While knocked down this model can't be targetted by shooting or spells.
- Diversionary Tactic (★ Action) - Center a 4" AOE on Rorsh. Models in the AOE other than Rorsh and Brine suffer a POW 6 blast damage roll, then Rorsh makes a full advance that ignores free strikes. If Brine was also in the AOE, he can make a full advance that ignores free strikes, too.
- Souie (★ Action) - If Brine is in Rorsh's CTRL range, Brine can immediately advance towards Rorsh.
Pigpen - Cost 2, Upkeep
- While within 3" of Rorsh, enemy models treat open terrain as rough terrain.
- Claw (x2) - 1" reach, P+S 14 melee weapons.
- Gore - 1" reach, P+S 15 melee weapon.
- Warbeast - All warbeasts share a huge stack of special rules. The short version is they're big, furious, and beat stuff up pretty good.
- Bacon - When this model is destroyed, each living warbeast B2B can remove d3 damage points.
- Companion: (Rorsh) - This model only comes with Rorsh, is part of their battlegroup, and when Rorsh dies it leaves play.
- Extended Control Range - When checkin to see if this model is inits controller's control range, double the range.
- Pain Response - While this model is damaged it gets free charges and power attacks.
- Retaliatory Strike - Once per turn when an enemy hits this model in melee, it can hit back. Once.
Pig Farm - Cost 1
- The caster gains an extra dice on melee damage rolls vs living models, and Snacking, for one turn. (Snacking - When this model boxes a living model with a melee attack, it can choose to remove the boxed model from play. When it does this, this model can remove d3 damage points.)
Thoughts on Rorsh & Brine
Rorsh & Brine in a nutshell
That's mobility. Diversionary Tactics + Extended Control Range + Brine charging - 14" non-linear threat range. And still in Rorsh's control area. Brine can really get places and then trash casters and heavy warbeasts (although not warjacks - Pig Farm doesn't help there).
Combos & Synergies
- Battle Boar Because Primal is awesome on Brine if he's being used as a heavy missile. For that matter Primal is awesome when applied to Gator warbeasts like the Swamp Horror and this is how you do it.
- Warlocks (or warcasters, as R&B are available in most themes in the game) with additional damage buffs or ARM debuffs. Brine's strength is that 14" nonlinear threat range; a damage buff beyond the animus lets him effectively initiate trades against warjacks. Arm debuffs also benefit Rorsh's boosted pig iron shots.
- Gatorman Witch Doctor Pathfinder, Parry, and the ability to move through obstructions lets you get the most out of Brine's threat range and makes him very difficult to avoid. Gastonne2 and casters with Curse of Shadows can do the same.
- Any model that can knock down Rorsh without hurting him, thereby preventing him from being targeted by ranged attacks. Shaking the knockdown the next turn leaves their mobility unimpeded.
Drawbacks and Downsides
- Pillow fisted against warjacks.
- The effectiveness of Rorsh's animus declines sharply against models with reach, is negated by pathfinder, and is pretty rarely useful anyway.
Tricks and Tips
- Remember your retaliatory strikes. You have roughly a 1/9 chance of a crit knockdown on enemy heavies which is absolutely devastating when it happens. Reminding your opponents of this ability may lead to them using more activations to knock brine down and minimize that risk.
- Against targets you cannot effectively damage, consider taking advantage of the hard head rule by slamming and boosting the the damage roll. Throwing targets is also viable as all power attacks are free under pain response.
- Brine is a very cheap beast that can be launched at the first target of opportunity without regret. With the right buffs he is frequently able to trade up on points in the process.
- Rorsh's shooting ability should not be underestimated, though he usually waits until after Brine has been delivered to use it. 2 boosted pow12 pig irons and potentially a third boosted 12 with a great aoe size does work.
Released in Hordes: Metamorphosis (2009).
|Cryx (Edit)||Cygnar (Edit)|
| Khador (Edit)
||Protectorate of Menoth (Edit)|
|Circle Orboros (Edit)||Legion of Everblight (Edit)|
|Skorne (Edit)||Trollbloods (Edit)|
Other Faction models
| M |
|Units, Solos, & Battle Engines|
|Warcaster attachments||Madelyn Corbeau - Reinholdt - Wyshnalyrr|
|Lesser Warlocks||Rorsh & Brine (Farrow) - Wrong Eye & Snapjaw (Gatorman)|
|Units|| Cephalyx Mind Bender - Cephalyx Mind Slaver - Cephalyx Overlords - High Shields - Artillery Corps - Forge Guard - Idrian Skirmishers - Kayazy Assassins - Kayazy Eliminators - Ogrun Assault Corps - Precursor Knights - Press Gangers - Sea Dog Pirates - Deck Gun - Steelhead Halberdiers - Steelhead Heavy Cavalry - Steelhead Riflemen - Tactical Arcanist Corps - Thorn Gun Mages|
Special CA: Cephalyx Dominator
|Character Units||Alexia1 - Sam & The Devil Dogs - Croe's Cutthroats - Nyss Hunters - Blythe & Bull - Boomhowlers - Herne & Jonne - Aiyana & Holt - Lynus & Edrea - Commodore Cannon - Devil's Shadow Mutineers|
|Solos||Cephalyx Agitator - Gobber Tinker - Ogrun Bokur - Swamp Gobber River Raider|
|Character Solos||Alexia2 - Alten Ashley - Anastasia Di Bray - Bloody Bradigan - Bosun Grogspar - Brun & Lug - Colbie - Dahlia & Skarath - Dirty Meg - Doc Killingsworth - Eilish Garrity - Eiryss1 - Eiryss2 - Hawk - Gastone1 - Gorman - Gudrun - Harlan Versh - Hutchuk - Kell Bailoch - Lanyssa - Rockbottom - Major Harrison Gibbs - Dougal - Orin - Ragman - Raluk - Rhupert - Rorsh & Brine - Rutger - Savio - Saxon - Sergeant Nick - Stannis - Taryn - Thor - Viktor - Wrong Eye & Snapjaw|
|Battle Engines||Hammerfall Siege Crawler|
|Theme Forces (Edit)|
|Hammer Strike - The Irregulars - The Kingmaker's Army - Operating Theater - The Talion Charter - Llaelese Resistance|
| See also the Warbeast page for a recap of the core warbeast rules.
Note to Editors