|This server will go offline in September 2018. Please migrate to our new server, Warmachine University|
|For more info on why we're moving to a new server, check out the Brief History section on the new main page, and/or listen to episode 45 of the LOS podcast|
| If you have made an edit within the last month or so, please check the new server and see if it was copied by the autobot. |
You may need to copy-paste your work to the new server manually. Sorry.
|See also How to Read the statblock|
- Fire Breather - 8" spray, POW 12 gun
- Cutlass - 0.5" reach, P+S 10 melee weapon.
- Mercenary - will work for as a Cygnar mercenary, Cryx mercenary, Khador mercenary, and as a Protectorate of Menoth mercenary.
- Tough - When this model is disabled, roll a d6. On a 5 or 6, remove 1 damage point from this model; it is no longer disabled and becomes knocked down. While knocked down this model loses Tough.
- Coin - Rockbottom gains +1 CMD for each unmarked coin box.
- Paymaster [Sea Dog] - This model starts the game with 5 coins and can spend them at any time during its activation. For each coin you spend you choose one of the following Incentives. Incentives can only target friendly Sea Dog units within your CMD range. A Sea Dog unit can only benefit from one Incentive per turn.
- Money Shot - Affected models gain +2 to ranged attack and ranged damage rolls for one turn.
- Payday - Affected models gain boosted melee attack rolls and Overtake. (Overtake - When this model destroys one or more enemy models with a basic melee attack during its Combat Action, after the attack is resolved it can immediately advance up to 1".)
- Walk It Off - Affected models gain Tough.
Rockbottom is one of the five privateer support solos alongside Hawk, Killingsworth, Dougal and the Bosun. He is arguably the best of the five because his boosts work on the Commodore Cannon. Rockbottom's function is to enhance the performance of the otherwise lackluster Sea Dog units with his coins. He is indispensable in a privateer army and should always be taken with Shae.
Combos and Synergies
He's a Privateer who supports Sea Dog units or models.
- Sea Dog Pirates are the normal thing you take him with to make Pirates actually good. He gives them tough, lets them actually hit at range, and also gives them Overtake to use their second melee attack.
- The Commodore Cannon & Crew love Money Shot, as does the Sea Dog Deck Gun.
- The Devil's Shadow Mutineers Money Shot works for Zira and Morland to a lesser extent. Pay Day can theoretically allow Mar to kill lots of infantry since she's got Berserk.
- Same with Blood Bradigan as he too has Berserk and thus enjoys Overtake. Still no decent reach though.
- Press Gangers enjoy Payday for setting up Gang opportunities. But this is again not plan A with him.
Drawbacks & Downsides
- He only has five coins. Once they're gone, he's looking for a flag to score or a zone to contest.
Tricks & Tips
- The combos described above outline what he does. It's up to you to figure out how best to spend those coins.
Originally released in Pirates of the Broken Coast (2007)
|Cryx (Edit)||Cygnar (Edit)|
| Khador (Edit)
||Protectorate of Menoth (Edit)|
Other Mercenary models