Mercenary Character Ordic Solo
Rhupert Carvolo is a piper of war. His songs help advancing troops move through rough terrain, make them terrifying warriors, or toughen their spirits against the sorrows of war.
Weapons and Attacks
- Sword - 0.5" range, P+S 9 melee weapon
- Mercenary - Cygnar and the Protectorate.
- Piper - 1/turn he can use one of the following three abilities on a friendly model or unit. All have RNG 5".
Thoughts on Rhupert Carvolo, Piper of Ord
Rhupert Carvolo, Piper of Ord in a nutshell
Rhupert buffs infantry units, handing out Tough, Pathfinder, or Concealment.
Combos & Synergies
He's used extensively over three factions. Too many to list -
- but any models with Prowl get real advantage from Dirge of Mists.
- Models that can't be knocked down can keep on benefiting from Tough time after time.
- if your army lacks pathfinder, and expect an enemy with many rough-terrain capable shots or spells, this guy can help you out.
Drawbacks & Downsides
- Does no direct work
- His abilities cannot affect Warjacks.
Tricks & Tips
- Piper is not an action - He can therefore use his tunes at any point during his activation. As a result he can do these before running or addition to attacking (if things are getting desperate).
Notable changes from Mk2
- Almost unchanged since Mk1 other than that running away no longer happens.
- Dirge of Mists changed from a flat DEF buff to Concealment, making it entirely redundant in melee in most instances.
How can I include this model in my army?
Mercenaries are a bit more complicated than regular faction models, they can be taken in one of three different ways.
- This model can be included in a pure Mercenary army.
- This model can be included in the following Faction armies:
- This model can be included in the following theme forces:
Other faction models
| Mercenary - Faction models (Edit)
| Minion - Faction models (Edit)