The primary function of the Revenger is to channel a warcaster’s divine power, which protects the faithful and consumes heretics in the cleansing fires of Menoth’s wrath. These warjacks are critical to the Lawgiver’s crusades, and their armament is designed to keep the Revenger in the fight long after other warjacks would fall. The sturdy repulsor shield is inlaid with powerful runes that rebuke enemies and hurl them away from the Revenger, where they can be cut down with the warjack’s heavy polearm.
|See also How to Read the statblock|
- Repulsor Shield - 0.5" reach, P+S 11 melee attack.
- Shield - This 'weapon' is a shield that provides a cumulative +2 ARM bonus. The bonus doesn't apply if the weapon is crippled or if the damage originates in your back arc.
- Repel - An enemy model hit during your activation is pushed 1" away. An enemy that attacks this model in melee from its front arc is pushed 1" away.
- Halberd - 2" reach, P+S 13 melee attack.
- Powerful Charge - This models gains +2 to hit on charge attacks with this weapon.
- Warjack - All warjacks share the same set of special rules. Most notably being big and stompy.
- Construct - This model is a construct and is not a living model.
- Arc Node - This model can channel spells cast by its controlling Warcaster.
Thoughts on Revenger
Revenger in a nutshell
It's the light arcnode for the Protectorate. Killing stuff is just extra gravy. Repel and long range help keep it's arc node useful and sets it up for enhanced charges.
Combos & Synergies
- Any warcaster that wants to arc spells
- Grand Scrutator Severius - Casting Vision on a Revenger ensures that its shield arm will survive a hit and push the enemy back. This can potentially space an enemy out of melee range to avoid extra primary/additional attacks, as well as give you space to move away in your next turn if desired and utilize the arc node.
Drawbacks & Downsides
- Blessing of Vengeance is a character Revenger that gains Defensive Strike, Shield Guard, a useful bond with Severius, and a point of MAT for three points.
Tricks & Tips
- Run the thing around for back strikes, whether from its own attacks or as an arc node.
- Its 2" reach with the halberd and repulser shield make a decent "get in the way" 'jack.
- The 2" range of its halberd means its harder to scoot around as it may get a free strike if your opponent isn't paying attention. It is also great at sneaking a stab or two in between the other models in a fight.
- The shield gives it the same armor value as Menoth's heavies. Plus, the Repel special ability lets this light 'jack survive longer than it should. Basically if a heavy 'jack charges in and hits it, the attacker could be pushed back far enough that it is no longer in melee range, thereby wasting any excess focus or fury.
- Originally released in Warmachine: Prime (2003)
Themes for non-character warjacks (Edit)
- The Creator's Might - (Article) (Category)
- Exemplar Interdiction - (Article) (Category)
- The Faithful Masses - (Article) (Category)
- Guardians of the Temple - (Article) (Category)
Other Protectorate models
|Warcasters||Ashlynn - Bartolo - Damiano - MacBain - Durgen - Ossrum - Magnus1 - Magnus2|
Requires a 2+ caster game
|Other Controllers||Mini-casters||Gastone Crosse - Rorsh & Brine|
|Marshals||Colbie Sterling - Dirty Meg - Rutger Shaw|
|Warjacks & Warbeasts||The mercenary battlegroup members you can include in a Protectorate army depends entirely on which mercenary 'caster is commanding them. There are too many permutations to list here, please refer to one of the model entries above for full details of what it can take.|
|Mercenary Units, Solos, & Battle Engines|
|Units|| Horgenhold Artillery - Horgenhold Forge Guard - Ogrun Assault Corps - Press Gangers - Sea Dog Deck Gun - Sea Dog Pirates - Steelhead Halberdiers - Steelhead Cavalry - Steelhead Riflemen - Thorn Gun Mages|
Captain Sam & the Devildogs - Croe's Cutthroats - Blythe & Bull - Herne & Jonne - Aiyana & Holt
|Solos||Alten Ashley - Anastasia - Bradigan - Grogspar - Colbie Sterling - Dirty Meg - Doc Killingsworth - Eiryss1 - Eiryss2 - Hawk - Gastone - Gorman - Bailoch - Rockbottom - Dougal - Orin - Rhupert - Rorsh & Brine - Rutger - Saxon - Sergeant Nicolas - Stannis - Taryn|
|Warcaster attachments||Madelyn Corbeau|