- 1 Reptile Hounds
- 2 Analysis of the Reptile Hounds
- 3 Other
Skorne Lesser Warbeast
Since the skorne arrived in western Immoren, countless warriors and slaves have met their ends in the slavering jaws of a pack of reptile hounds, vicious pack hunters that the skorne enjoy setting upon lone warbeasts and enemy champions. Many foes have been demoralized after seeing their mightiest heroes or greatest beasts torn to pieces by a pack of these scaled predators. Even the most resilient creatures often find their natural powers of regeneration no match for the crushing strength of a reptile hound’s jaws; a pack of them working in concert can swiftly reduce even a hulking satyr to a pile of bloody bones.
Weapons & Equipment
Bite - RNG 0.5 P+S 8
- Lesser Warbeast - The smallest variety of warbeast. Lesser beasts are small base models with all the standard warbeast perks except they can not make power attacks, and do not contribute to Spirit Bond.
- Flank [Reptile Hound] - This model gains +2 to hit and +d6 damage for melee attacks vs enemy models in the melee range of other Reptile Hound models.
Analysis of the Reptile Hounds
Reptile Hounds in a nutshell
Cheap bullets, the Reptile Hounds are effectively solos who benefit from battlegroup buffs.
Combos & Synergies
- Paingiver Beast Handlers - clear off that fury after it's shot the solo.
- More reptile hounds - they flank with each other.
- Master Ascetic Naaresh Battlegroup buffing feat
- Void Seer Mordikaar Pathfinder for all these bullets
- Tyrant Zaadesh Cheap flanking/tag team partners
- Supreme Aptimus Zaal Running up a single hound to flank something, then let the other go to town with the Flank bonus, Enrage and Last Stand.
Drawbacks and Downsides
- Fragile - they may have a lot of damage boxes, but that's a low ARM value.
- Even with Flank and Enrage, they don't hit that hard
- Usually, Scarab Packs do the same work, but have a lot more boxes, more attacks who only hit marginally less hard, and their warbeast pack status allows for more tricks.
Tricks and Tactics
Changes from Mk2 and Errata
Weirdly they became more expensive in the Great Skorne Errata.
Theme Forces this is a member of
|Skorne - Theme Forces (Edit)|
|Winds of Death|