By taking the impressive bulk and chassis of the Ironclad and adding powerful voltaic weaponry, the Stormclad and Reliant were born. The Stormclad is equipped with an accumulator that draws on the galvanic energies of nearby Stormblades to augment its impressive storm-powered generator blade. The Reliant is built for versatility, whether enveloping the enemy with crackling electrical fields from a distance using its Stormbringer or driving the opposition to its knees with pulse hammer strikes.
|See also How to Read the statblock|
Weapons and Attacks
- Stormbringer - 12" range, POW 13, AOE 3 gun
- Pulse Hammer - 1" reach, P+S 17 melee weapon.
- Warjack - All warjacks share the same set of special rules. Most notably being big and stompy.
- Construct - This model is a construct and is not a living model.
- Immunity: Electricity - This model is not damaged by electric weapons, and is ignored when determining lightning arcs.
Thoughts on Reliant
Reliant in a nutshell
The Reliant is Cygnar's second cheapest ranged heavy warjack - and cheapest electrical heavy. Its gun is as much for blocking infantry as anything else.
Combos & Synergies
- The Reliant is an electrical jack and combos with other electrical sources like Nemo3, the Silver Line Stormguard, and the Firefly
- Two reliants can block an area for infantry.
- Along with Cyclones, stormsmith grenadiers, and Stormwalls, they can create aoe's to be dragged into by Haley 2 TK and Sturgis' feat. Probably not worth building for, but it's an added combo.
Drawbacks & Downsides
- If you aren't running an electrical theme it's normally worth upgrading to a Defender
- He is a cheap mixed arms jack that doesn't excel at any one thing. As such, he gets outclassed by anything more specialized.
- His gun is of middling power, so Defenders and Dynamo will always crack armor better.
- The aoe is small, and you only get one. Cyclones have more shots at nearly the same power, and Avengers have a big aoe.
- His hammer is good, but relies on a critical effect to get work done. Defenders are the same power with automatic cortex damage, Ironclads hit harder and are cheaper, and Stomclads hit much harder, have electro-leap and have a buckler.
- In a faction of outstanding jacks, he is just OK, which puts him at the bottom of the barrel unfortunately.
Tricks & Tips
- Blocking infantry is useful.
- Like the Defender it does far more damage in melee than at range. Use accordingly.
Comparison to Mk2
- This model first appeared in Warmachine: Vengeance (2014)
- The Reliant is a plastic multi-kit based on the same chassis as the older metal Stormclad. The metal version is being phased out of production.
Themes for non-character warjacks (Edit)
- Gravediggers - (Article) (Category)
- Heavy Metal (Article) (Category)
- Storm Division - (Article) (Category)
Other faction models