|This server will go offline in September 2018. Please migrate to our new server, Warmachine University|
|For more info on why we're moving to a new server, check out the Brief History section on the new main page, and/or listen to episode 45 of the LOS podcast|
| If you have made an edit within the last month or so, please check the new server and see if it was copied by the autobot. |
You may need to copy-paste your work to the new server manually. Sorry.
By taking the impressive bulk and chassis of the Ironclad and adding powerful voltaic weaponry, the Stormclad and Reliant were born. The Stormclad is equipped with an accumulator that draws on the galvanic energies of nearby Stormblades to augment its impressive storm-powered generator blade. The Reliant is built for versatility, whether enveloping the enemy with crackling electrical fields from a distance using its Stormbringer or driving the opposition to its knees with pulse hammer strikes.
|See also How to Read the statblock|
Weapons and Attacks
- Stormbringer - 12" range, POW 13, AOE 3 gun
- Pulse Hammer - 1" reach, P+S 17 melee weapon.
- Warjack - All warjacks share the same set of special rules. Most notably being big and stompy.
- Construct - This model is a construct and is not a living model.
- Immunity: Electricity - This model does not suffer electrical damage, and is ignored when determining lightning arcs.
Thoughts on Reliant
Reliant in a nutshell
The Reliant is Cygnar's second cheapest ranged heavy warjack - and the cheapest electrical heavy. Its gun is useful in area-control against infantry, as even shield-walled formations will thing twice entering into a POW 13 hazard. Its Pulse Hammer also has a respectable strength, and with the inherited high MAT of the Ironclad chassis, it usually has no trouble to hit the targets. Sadly, in a faction of outstanding jacks, this master-of-none approach leaves it to be "just" an OK choice, which often puts it at the bottom of the barrel.
Combos & Synergies
- Storm Division - The Reliant is an electrical jack and combos with other electrical sources like Nemo3, the Silver Line Stormguard, and the Firefly. Since all of your stuffs are immune to electricity, you can shoot low-DEF ones into the back to create deterrent templates wherever you want.
- Along with Cyclones, Stormsmith Grenadiers, and Stormwalls, they can create templates to be dragged into by Haley2's Telekinesis, Sturgis' feat, or simply get pushed into by the ATGM's Thunderbolt round, or slammed by the Hurricane's main guns.
Drawbacks & Downsides
- Perhaps more than any other jack in the faction, it is an in-between choice:
- If you aren't running an electrical theme it's normally worth upgrading to a Defender. If so, and you bring any version of Nemo, Dynamo cracks armor better.
- As for the AoE, Cyclones cover a wider area, accurately. Avengers have a big AoE and a blade that stalls other jacks.
- In close combat its hammer's special effect relies on critical rolls. Defenders have automatic cortex damage. Ironclads hit harder, are cheaper and have Tremor attack. Stormclads hit much harder, have electro-leap and a buckler.
Tricks & Tips
- Blocking infantry is useful.
- Like the Defender it does far more damage in melee than at range. Use accordingly.
- This model first appeared in Warmachine: Vengeance (2014)
- The Reliant is a plastic multi-kit based on the same chassis as the older metal Stormclad. The metal version is being phased out of production.
Themes for non-character warjacks (Edit)
- Gravediggers - (Article) (Category)
- Heavy Metal (Article) (Category)
- Sons of the Tempest - (Article) (Category)
- Storm Division - (Article) (Category)
Other faction models