Mercenary Gobber Solo Character Attachment
I've been everywhere kid!
| Relative Cost
Weapons and Attacks
- Unarmed - This model has no melee weapons, which means a host of options are not available to it.
- Mercenary - Will work for Cygnar and Khador
- Attached - Before the start of the game, attach this model to a friendly Faction warcaster for the rest of the game. Each Faction warcaster can only have one model/unit attached to it.
- Dodge - When an enemy misses this model with an attack at any time except when it is advancing, this model immediately advance 2" ignoring free strikes.
- Warcaster Benefits - While B2B with its warcaster, this model can do one of the following:
- Lucky Charm (★ Action) - The warcaster gains a reroll.
- Reloader (★ Action) - The warcaster gains an additional ranged attack.
- Spyglass (★ Action) - Target enemy loses Stealth for one round.
Thoughts on Reinholdt, Gobber Speculator
Reinholdt, Gobber Speculator in a nutshell
Reinholdt is a favourite attachment of warcasters with a good gun. His ability to remove Stealth is great when it comes into play - which isn't every game. But an extra shot on a good gun can be an amazing benefit.
Combos & Synergies
Any warcaster with a big gun.
Drawbacks & Downsides
- Despite having 5 boxes, his ARM is so low that even a below average damage roll from POW 10 will kill him.
- If you have a very mobile 'caster, you may find him out of position and effectively useless for a turn.
- And if anything slows him down, the requirement for getting into B2B with you 'caster can similarly deny you a chance to use him.
Tricks & Tips
- Watch for stealth units. If there are none and your caster can shoot safely use that. Lucky Charm is a distant third.
Notable changes from Mk2
- His point cost quadrupled and he lost a point of DEF but he also gained a point of ARM and can now survive more than one hit potentially. However his biggest change was with his Spyglass ability, which completely changes his role on the battlefield.
- Gained 4 damage boxes
- Gained Dodge
- Now has the Attached rule
- Lucky Charm changed from an additional attack or damage die then discarding the lowest to a single reroll
- Spyglass now removes stealth from an enemy model for a round
How can I include this model in my army?
Mercenaries are a bit more complicated than regular faction models, they can be taken in one of three different ways.
- This model can be included in a pure Mercenary army.
- This model can be included in the following Faction armies:
- This model can be included in the following theme forces:
Other faction models
| Mercenary - Faction models (Edit)
Rules Clarification : Attached (Edit)
- A model attached to a warcaster is not part of the battlegroup (unless they have a 2nd rule like Companion) and so will not be affected by battlegroup-only effects (such as Energizer).
Rules Clarification : Dodge (Edit)
- Dodge triggers after any missed attack - melee, ranged, or magic.
- If you shoot at a model with Dodge that's in melee and miss, Dodge will trigger regardless of whether you then hit the random new target or not.
- The Dodge movement occurs after making the attack against the new target.
- An enemy model with 2" melee range that is B2B with you before you Dodge, will be exactly 2" away afterwards, and thus will be able to attempt a 2nd melee attack.
- If you're missed by an AOE attack, but it doesn't deviate very far and still hits you then: Dodge still triggers, but the AOE does damage before you get the Dodge movement. (Infernal Ruling)
- Dodge plus Riposte (Edit)
- If a model has both Dodge and Riposte, they are resolved at the same time. You get to choose which order to resolve them in.
Rules Clarification : Warcaster Benefits - None yet. (Edit)
Rules Clarification : Lucky Charm - None yet. (Edit)
Rules Clarification : Reloader (Edit)
- Reload provides an additional ranged attack and all additional attacks are basic attacks by definition. So you can't use Reloader to do an extra special attack (★ Attack).
- If a warcaster charges then they can only make additional melee attacks, and so won't benefit from Reloader.
Rules Clarification : Spyglass (Edit)
- This ability essentially has infinite range.