Reinholdt, Gobber Speculator
I've been everywhere kid!
- 1 Basic Info
- 2 Thoughts on Reinholdt, Gobber Speculator
- 3 Other
Weapons and Attacks
- Unarmed - This model has no melee weapons, which means a host of options are not available to it.
- Mercenary - Will work for Cygnar and Khador
- Attached - Before the start of the game, attach this model to a friendly Faction warcaster for the rest of the game. Each Faction warcaster can only have one model/unit attached to it.
- Dodge - When an enemy misses this model with an attack at any time except when it is advancing, this model immediately advance 2" ignoring free strikes.
- Warcaster Benefits - While B2B with its warcaster, this model can do one of the following:
Thoughts on Reinholdt, Gobber Speculator
Reinholdt, Gobber Speculator in a nutshell
Reinholdt is a favourite attachment of warcasters with a good gun. His ability to remove Stealth is great when it comes into play - which isn't every game. But an extra shot on a good gun can be an amazing benefit.
Combos & Synergies
Any warcaster with a big gun.
Drawbacks & Downsides
- Despite having 5 boxes, his ARM is so low that even a below average damage roll from POW 10 will kill him.
- If you have a very mobile 'caster, you may find him out of position and effectively useless for a turn.
- And if anything slows him down, the requirement for getting into B2B with you 'caster can similarly deny you a chance to use him.
Tricks & Tips
- Watch for stealth units. If there are none and your caster can shoot safely use that. Lucky Charm is a distant third.
Note to Editors
Notable changes from Mk2
- His point cost quadrupled and he lost a point of DEF but he also gained a point of ARM and can now survive more than one hit potentially. However his biggest change was with his Spyglass ability, which completely changes his role on the battlefield.
- Gained 4 damage boxes
- Gained Dodge
- Now has the Attached rule
- Lucky Charm changed from an additional attack or damage die then discarding the lowest to a single reroll
- Spyglass now removes stealth from an enemy model for a round
How can I include this model in my army?
Mercenaries are a bit more complicated than regular faction models, they can be taken in one of three different ways.
- This model can be included in a pure Mercenary army.
- This model can be included in the following Faction armies:
- This model can be included in the following theme forces:
- Originally released in Warmachine: Prime (2003)
- Updated for Mk II in Forces of Warmachine: Mercenaries (July 2010)
Other faction models