Whenever a remote mountain village is found in ruins and with its taverns plundered, northerners speak fearfully of the dire troll called Rök. Although insatiable as any dire troll, over a century ago Rök developed a unique craving for beer and liquor of all sorts, and his raids of villages for their intoxicating spirits have since become legendary.
When he was sought out by Borka Kegslayer, Rök engaged the trollkin in an exhausting battle lasting several hours. After this, Kegslayer shared his own potent brew, convincing the ferocious troll they were kindred souls. When Borka left, Rök followed, knowing that greater fights and rivers of beer awaited them.
- 1 Basic Info
- 2 Thoughts on Rök
- 3 Other
Weapons and Attacks
- Frost Breath - High POW, short ranged spray attack.
- Big Meaty Fist - Good P+S melee weapon.
- Battle Axe - High P+S melee weapon.
- Heavy Warbeast
- Assault - This model may make a ranged attack as part of its charge.
- Immunity: Cold - This model does not suffer cold damage.
- Berserk - When this model kills something in its activation it must attack something else with a free melee attack.
- Bond: (Borka) - While in Borka's battlegroup, this model gains Stumbling Drunk - This model cannot become knocked down. When hit by an enemy attack, this model moves a short distance in a direction decided by the deviation template.
- Regeneration - This model may be forced to heal a few damage boxes, once per turn.
- Snacking - If this model boxes a living model with an attack it may optionally remove it from play and heal a low, variable number of damage points.
- Primal - Target Friendly Faction living beast gets a bonus to MAT and STR - and automatically frenzies next turn (even if you overwrite this with another animus).
Thoughts on Rök
Rök in a nutshell
- Angry at being in the nutshell, Rök begins to break everything.
- Rök is fundamentally a worthy rival to the almost ubiquitous Dire Troll Mauler; he hits hard - and brings a really useful melee damage buff in Primal rather than simply a strength buff.
Combos & Synergies
- Doomshaper 2 grants Overtake to his battlegroup and Rök has Berserk
- Borka Kegslayer and Borka, Vengeance of the Rimeshaws both make Rök incredibly hard to kill thanks to Stumbling Drunk.
- Troll Axer - hitting matters on a Thresher.
Drawbacks & Downsides
- Berserk and Primal can both blow up in your face. (Primal's best used on lights where you are less worried by their frenzy).
Tricks & Tips
- Look for how to position your charge with his spray.
Comparison to Mk2
- Now the most costly of non-gargantuan Trollblood warbeasts
- Better abilities with comparable cost to Mk2 (slightly less than 2x cost)
- Added Bond is great tech against Warjacks that try to slay him.
Theme Forces this is a member of
Other Trollbloods models
|Trollblood - Minion models (Edit)|
|Warlocks|| Bloody Barnabas - Calaban - Helga - Jaga-Jaga - Lord Carver - Maelok - Midas - Rask - Sturm & Drang|
Requires a 2+ warlock game
|Other Controllers|| Lesser Warlocks: Brun & Lug - Dahlia & Skarath - Rorsh & Brine - Wrongeye & Snapjaw
|Warjacks & Warbeasts||The minion battlegroup members you can include in a Trollblood army depends entirely on what type of model is commanding them. There are too many permutations to list here, please refer to one of the model entries above for full details of what minions it can control.|
|Units, Solos, & Battle Engines|
|Units||Bog Trog Ambushers - Croak Raiders - Bone Grinders - Brigands - Commandos - Razorback Crew - Slaughterhousers - Bokur & Swamp Shamblers - Gatorman Posse - Gobber Bellows|
|Solos||Mist Speaker - Bog Trog Trawler - Croak Hunter - Efaarit Scouts - Feralgeist - Witch Doctor - Gobber Tinker - Gremlin Swarm - Ogrun Bokur - Gobber Chef - Thrullg - Totem Hunter|
|Battle Engines||Meat Thresher|
|Trollblood - Theme Forces (Edit)|
|Band of Heroes - Power of Dhunia|