Pyrrhus, Flameguard Hero
|For more info on why we're moving to a new server, check out the Brief History section on the new main page, and/or listen to episode 45 of the LOS podcast|
| If you have made an edit within the last month or so, please check the new server and see if it was copied by the autobot. |
You may need to copy-paste your work to the new server manually. Sorry.
Pyrrhus is more than the epitome of a Flameguard; he represents a pinnacle of Menite devotion and service. With movements honed through years of training, he charges forward to decimate opponents, taking everything while giving nothing in return. His mastery of his weapons extends well beyond that of any of his peers, and his faith in the Creator gives him extraordinary confidence in himself as a conduit for the wrath of Menoth.
|Pyrrhus, Flameguard Hero|
|(★) 16 when you include the shield bonus|
|See also How to Read the statblock|
- Flame Spear - 2" reach, P+S 11 melee weapon.
- Shield - 0.5" reach, P+S 9 melee weapon.
- Weapon Master - When attacking with this weapon, add an additional die to its damage rolls.
- Shield - This 'weapon' is a shield that provides a cumulative +2 ARM bonus. The bonus doesn't apply if the weapon is crippled or if the damage originates in your back arc.
- Beat Back - Immediately after a basic attack with this weapon is resolved during this model's Combat Action, the enemy model hit can be pushed 1" directly away from the attacking model. After the enemy model is pushed, the attacking model can advance up to 1" directly towards it.
- Tough - When this model is disabled, roll a d6. On a 5 or 6, remove 1 damage point from this model; it is no longer disabled and becomes knocked down. While knocked down this model loses Tough.
- Impenetrable Shield - Pyrrhus can't be damaged by non-magical melee/ranged attacks while B2B with friendly Temple Flameguard model(s).
- Relentless Charge - While advancing as part of a charge, this model gains Pathfinder.
- Leadership [Temple Flameguard] - Friendly Temple Flameguard models in this model's CMD range gain Relentless Charge.
- Rapid Strike - This model can make one additional melee attack each Combat Action.
- Set Defense - Charge attacks, slam attacks, and impact attacks versus this model suffer a -2 to hit penalty.
- Unyielding - This model gains +2 ARM against melee damage rolls.
This rule changed in 2018.01
Thoughts on Pyrrhus, Flameguard Hero
Note to Editors
Pyrrhus, Flameguard Hero in a nutshell
A combat solo who synergises with Temple Flameguard - but not particularly popular as TFG are generally there as cheap bodies. If you're playing Guardians of the Temple, a good option for your free points. If you're not, he competes with the Knight Exemplar Seneschal for his slot, and generally loses out.
Combos & Synergies
- Lets you run your Temple Flameguard behind a wall and still be able to charge out with them the next turn. However not granting pathfinder when you run means that it's less useful for forests and rubble.
Drawbacks & Downsides
Tricks & Tips
- You can use rapid strike with either weapon, so you can beat back twice.
Originally released in the Warmachine: Reckoning expansion (2015)
Other Protectorate models
|Warcasters||Ashlynn - Bartolo - Damiano - MacBain - Durgen - Ossrum - Magnus1 - Magnus2|
Requires a 2+ caster game
|Other Controllers||Mini-casters||Gastone Crosse - Rorsh & Brine|
|Marshals||Colbie Sterling - Dirty Meg - Rutger Shaw|
|Warjacks & Warbeasts||The mercenary battlegroup members you can include in a Protectorate army depends entirely on which mercenary 'caster is commanding them. There are too many permutations to list here, please refer to one of the model entries above for full details of what it can take.|
|Mercenary Units, Solos, & Battle Engines|
|Units|| Horgenhold Artillery - Horgenhold Forge Guard - Ogrun Assault Corps - Press Gangers - Sea Dog Deck Gun - Sea Dog Pirates - Steelhead Halberdiers - Steelhead Cavalry - Steelhead Riflemen - Thorn Gun Mages|
Captain Sam & the Devildogs - Croe's Cutthroats - Blythe & Bull - Herne & Jonne - Aiyana & Holt
|Solos||Alten Ashley - Anastasia - Bradigan - Grogspar - Colbie Sterling - Dirty Meg - Doc Killingsworth - Eiryss1 - Eiryss2 - Hawk - Gastone - Gorman - Bailoch - Rockbottom - Dougal - Orin - Rhupert - Rorsh & Brine - Rutger - Saxon - Sergeant Nicolas - Stannis - Taryn|
|Warcaster attachments||Madelyn Corbeau|