|This server will go offline in September 2018. Please migrate to our new server, Warmachine University|
|For more info on why we're moving to a new server, check out the Brief History section on the new main page, and/or listen to episode 45 of the LOS podcast|
| If you have made an edit within the last month or so, please check the new server and see if it was copied by the autobot. |
You may need to copy-paste your work to the new server manually. Sorry.
Fluff text (copy from PP gallery)
|See also How to Read the statblock|
- Military Rifle - 10" range, POW 11 gun
- Hand Weapon - 0.5" reach, P+S 8 melee weapon
- Advance Deployment - Models with advance deployment are placed after normal deployment and may be placed up to 6" further forward.
- Immunity: Cold - This model does not suffer cold damage.
- Pathfinder - This model treats rough terrain as open terrain while advancing. While charging, slam power attacking, or trample power attacking, this model does not stop its movement when it contacts an obstacle.
- Tough - When this model is disabled, roll a d6. On a 5 or 6, remove 1 damage point from this model; it is no longer disabled and becomes knocked down. While knocked down this model loses Tough.
- Ambush - This unit may choose not to deploy normally, and instead be deployed completely within 3" of an edge of the board (excluding the back of your opponent's deployment zone) on any turn after the first.
- Mark Target - While this model is in formation, other friendly Faction models gain +2 to ranged attack rolls if they target an enemy within 5" of this model and in its LOS.
- Prowl - While concealed this model has stealth.
Thoughts on Pyg Lookouts
Feel free to remove this warning if you, personally, have a good level of gameplay experience with the model, have reviewed this article, and either you A) agree with the content 100% or B) for the parts you disagree with, you don't strongly disagree; and it's more a case of differing opinions between you and previous editors rather than incorrect content / bad advice.
Pyg Lookouts in a nutshell
The Pyg Lookouts are forward scouts to warn raiding parties of what is ahead. They're taken for their mobility, ranged attacks, and the Mark Target buff.
They have both ambush and advance deploy, making their deployment options much more interesting.
Combos & Synergies
They are very similar in function to Cygnar rangers and thus are good with any shooty model - and especially the shooty units. (Cygnar's Rangers of course are much better shots).
- Any model with a gun really digs the to hit buff.
- Cheap and expendable- use their ambush to set up marked targets.
Drawbacks & Downsides
- The lookouts in practice don't do much shooting themselves; RAT 4 is terrible and military rifles aren't that great.
Tricks & Tips
- Individual lookouts will buff each other, but not themselves, which slightly helps their terrible RAT.
- There's not really any benefit to running more than 4, as you only need 1 to get the bonus.
Originally released in the Northkin CID (2017.07)
Other Trollblood models
|Warlocks||Bloody Barnabas - Calaban - Helga - Jaga-Jaga - Lord Carver - Maelok - Midas - Rask - Sturm & Drang|
Requires a 2+ warlock game
|Other Controllers|| Lesser Warlocks: Brun & Lug - Dahlia & Skarath - Rorsh & Brine - Wrongeye & Snapjaw
|Warjacks & Warbeasts||The minion battlegroup members you can include in a Trollblood army depends entirely on what type of model is commanding them. There are too many permutations to list here, please refer to one of the model entries above for full details of what minions it can control.|
|Minion Units, Solos, & Battle Engines|
|Units||Bog Trog Ambushers - Croak Raiders - Bone Grinders - Brigands - Commandos - Razorback Crew - Slaughterhousers - Bokur & Swamp Shamblers - Gatorman Posse - Gobber Bellows|
|Solos||Mist Speaker - Bog Trog Trawler - Croak Hunter - Efaarit Scouts - Feralgeist - Witch Doctor - Gobber Tinker - Gremlin Swarm - Ogrun Bokur - Gobber Chef - Thrullg - Totem Hunter|
|Battle Engines||Meat Thresher|