The colossals of the Convergence of Cyriss inspire awe and fear among the armies of the Iron Kingdoms. To confront these machines is to behold the inevitability of the Great Work and the terrifying power made possible by the guiding hand of Cyriss. The weapons of the Prime Axiom are designed to rip through screening troops, dismantle warjacks, and send servitors deep into the heart of battle. The Prime Conflux is a true wonder of design, able to convert latent atmospheric energies into electricity before unleashing them in a torrent of destruction.
Weapons and Attacks
- Accelespiker - Range 13, POW11, ROF5 ranged weapon.
- Tow Cable x 2 - Range 11, POW none, ROF1 ranged weapon. (it does damage via Puncture)
- Drill Vice x2 - 2" range, P+S21 melee weapon. It can pulverize 'Jacks and infantry alike.
- Colossal - Colossals are giant warjacks, even bigger and stompier. They all share a stack of standard special rules.
- Vector - A vector is a specialised type of warjack. It is big and stompy, as normal, but swaps out the Cortex for an Induction Node. Also its MAT & RAT is always equal to its controller's.
- Warjack - All warjacks share the same set of special rules. Most notably being big and stompy.
- Construct - This model is a construct and is not a living model.
- Pathfinder - This model treats rough terrain as open terrain while advancing. While charging, slam power attacking, or trample power attacking, this model does not stop its movement when it contacts an obstacle.
- Launch Servitor - At any time in its activation, this model can place a servitor Solo completely within 2".
Thoughts on Prime Axiom
Prime Axiom in a nutshell
Prime Axiom is a salvation to all Convergence players, yet a scourge to everyone else. It is the most-feared-Gargossal in entire game, and in MKIII, the Prime Axiom is still a nefarious death-dealing machine. You can expect to see the Prime Axiom in nearly every Convergence army, most of the time scrapping jacks and dragging people around.
Combos & Synergies
Prime Axiom is the best weapon convergence has, mainly because it has synergy with almost every 'Caster in convergence.
- Forge Master Syntherion : Hot Shot to make Axiom's accelespiker hit like a primary weapon, yet firing 5 shots in one activation. Synergy brings the Axiom's punch to stellar levels. On top of that, Magnetic Hold to make axiom charge even farther. His feat? well, 11-attacks in one activation plus bought extras, including charging, anyone?
- Axis, The Harmonic Enforcer : Due to his low RAT, Axiom isn't a great fit with Axis. Still, Axis' feat and Iron Aggression helps Axiom, making it hit with extreme precision, triggering Sustained Attack, which is enough to scrap a colossal.
- Iron Mother Directrix : Fire group makes Axiom's already terrifying drag attacks into something more. Domination can further extend that range and her decent ranged attack can clear out pesky infantry to give a clear drag-line. When feated, Axiom can hit almost everything by itself, including casters. When you want Axiom to be a ranged nightmare She's the caster you need.
- Father Lucant, Divinity Architect : Makes Axiom nearly invincible. Moreover, the colossal itself becomes a gigantic shield guard. Lucant's average RAT is enough to drag key 'Jacks to dismantle, and in melee Axiom hits almost like Axis. Lucant-Axiom duo were a well-known MKII tournament combination, and that has stayed the same in MKIII.
- Aurora, Numen of Aerogenesis : Pretty much the only caster with no synergy. Aurora's tricks are giving bonus movement outside of normal movement, which Colossals can't benefit from. The feat does help it, but its not much.
- Mitigator - Even Axis' colossal won't have problems hitting a knocked-down target
- Attunement Servitors - to help drag in high def stuff, like warpwolves
Drawbacks & Downsides
- It outshines the competition a little too much
Tricks & Tips
- Know which enemy models can't be dragged.
Comparison to Mk2
Nothing much changed, but reworks on Induction node makes Prime Axiom even more threatening. Oddly, the biggest changes are the ones in the basic rules:
- Pre-measure - now, both you and your enemy can calculate the threat range by the millimetre
- ROF - you don't have to spend focus any more to get all shots of the Accelespiker
- Removal of head- and weapon-lock power-attacks - jacks and beasts now cannot grab each other to resist dragging
- Some (jealous) people call it 'Angry Fridge'.
Theme Forces this is a member of
Themes for any-and-all Vectors (Edit)
Other Convergence models
|Convergence Faction Models (Edit)|
|Warcasters||Aurora, Numen of Aerogenesis - Axis, The Harmonic Enforcer - Father Lucant, Divinity Architect - Forge Master Syntherion - Iron Mother Directrix & Exponent - Eminent Configurator Orion|
|Light||Corollary - Diffuser - Galvanizer - Mitigator|
|Heavy||Assimilator - Cipher - Conservator - Inverter - Modulator - Monitor|
|Colossals||Prime Axiom - Prime Conflux|
|Units, Solos, & Battle Engines|
|Units|| Clockwork Angels - Eradicators - Obstructors - Optifex Directive - Perforators - Reciprocators - Reductors
|Solos||Accretion Servitors - Algorithmic Dispersion Optifex - Attunement Servitors - Elimination Servitors - Enigma Foundry - Reflex Servitors - Steelsoul Protector|
|Battle Engines||Transfinite Emergence Projector & Permutation Servitors|
Convergence Mercenaries (Edit)
There are currently no mercenaries that will work for Convergence.
|Convergence of Cyriss - Theme Forces (Edit)|
|Destruction Initiative - Clockwork Legions|
Interface Node and Induction
MAT & RAT
Some MAT/RAT examples