Retribution Nyss Solo
Through years of spiritual introspection and study, the dedicated priests of Nyssor learn to bend the elements of winter to their will. Reassured that their god Nyssor is safe and well defended, the priests have hastened to Ios to stand against those who would threaten the frozen god. No strangers to combat, these priests now take to the fight, drawing upon their mastery over winter so that they may aid their allies in the Retribution.
- Winter Blade - 1" reach, P+S 12 melee weapon
- Immunity: Cold - This model does not suffer cold damage.
- Pathfinder - This model treats rough terrain as open terrain while advancing. While charging, slam power attacking, or trample power attacking, this model does not stop its movement when it contacts an obstacle.
- Battle Wizard - Once per turn during its activation, when this model destroys one or more living enemy models with a melee attack, it can use one of its Magic Abilities for free afterwards.
- Elite Cadre: (Nyss) - This model gives all Nyss in the same army Immunity: Cold.
- Magic Ability [ 6 ] - This model can use its Combat Action to cast spells. Offensive spells are a (★ Attack) and friendly spells are a (★ Action).
- Prowl - While concealed this model has stealth.
Thoughts on Priest of Nyssor
This model/theme has only recently been released, and the content in the "Thoughts On" section is based more on theory-machine than actual gameplay experience.
Feel free to remove this warning if you, personally, have a good level of gameplay experience with the model, have reviewed this article, and either you A) agree with the content 100% or B) for the parts you disagree with, you don't strongly disagree; and it's more a case of differing opinions between you and previous editors rather than incorrect content / bad advice.
Priest of Nyssor in a nutshell
The Priest of Nyssor buffs Nyss. Immunity: Cold is occasionally game-saving (especially against certain cold-based feats) and although the Nyss-buffing spell isn't quite a Veteran Leader it comes close.
Combos & Synergies
Works well with other Nyss Units, Ryssovass Defenders, Nyss Hunters, Aelyth Vyr, and Lanyssa Ryssyl.
Drawbacks & Downsides
- Winter Storm isn't as useful as it appears (as players of Lanyssa know well) - it just gets the priest killed.
- Limited maneuverability for Veteran Leader spell.
- Low MA for the cost.
Tricks & Tips
- Originally released 2017.04
Other Retribution models
Rules Clarification : Magical Damage (Edit)
- The "Damage Type: Magical" is not inherited by "secondary" damage from a weapon. That is, stuff like arcs (Electro Leap) or hazards (Scather). (Infernal Ruling)
- All spells have "Damage Type: Magical" (refer errata).
- This is inherited by "immediate" secondary damage (such as Eruption of Spines). (Infernal Ruling)
- ... but not by "lingering" secondary damage (such as the cloud left by Breath of Corruption). In this case the hazard is damaging the model, not the spell that put the hazard into play.
- If a weapon/spell includes Magic Damage and another kind of elemental damage it can still damage Incorporeal models. Incorporeal models are not affected by the rule "if an attack does multiple types of damage and a model is immune to at least one it is immune to the entire attack."
The phrase "immune to non-magical damage" should be interpreted as "immune to damage that doesn't include Damage Type: Magical" (not interpreted as "has immunity to Corrosion and Electricity and Cold and etc.")
Rules Clarification : Freeze (Edit)
- Remember Stationary only prevents what it says it does. Refer the page on Stationary for a refresher.
Rules Clarification : Cold - None yet. (Edit)
Rules Clarification : Elite Cadre (Edit)
- Elite Cadre bonuses persist even after the model dies.
- Elite Cadre bonuses can apply to teammates in multiplayer games.
Rules Clarification : Magic Ability (Edit)
- Almost every magic ability cannot be used on the same turn you charge. Because a charge must (almost always) be followed by a melee attack.
- Using a Magic Ability counts as a spell, for effects such as Spell Ward, Witch Hunter, etc.
- Unlike with warcasters/warlocks, using a Magic Ability is not an "any time" ability. This means:
- You must complete your movement before you use a MA.
- You cannot make ranged or melee attacks on the same turn you use a MA.
- You cannot use a MA on the same turn you charge.
- (Unless, of course, the rules for the specific MA you're using say you can.)
Rules Clarification : Blessings of the Winter Father - None yet. (Edit)
Rules Clarification : Frostbite - None yet. (Edit)
Rules Clarification : Prowl (Edit)
- You can still benefit from Prowl even if the attacker "ignores concealment".
Because even though they ignore it that doesn't change the fact that you have it, and all you need to do is have it in order to get Prowl.
Rules Clarification : Stealth (Edit)
- "Automatically missing" is not the same as "cannot be hit by".
- For instance, a stealth model can still be the target of an AOE attack and although it auto-misses, if the AOE deviates onto them they will get damaged.