Priest of Nyssor
Priest of Nyssor
Through years of spiritual introspection and study, the dedicated priests of Nyssor learn to bend the elements of winter to their will. Reassured that their god Nyssor is safe and well defended, the priests have hastened to Ios to stand against those who would threaten the frozen god. No strangers to combat, these priests now take to the fight, drawing upon their mastery over winter so that they may aid their allies in the Retribution.
|Priest of Nyssor|
|See also How to Read the statblock|
- Winter Blade - 1" reach, P+S 12 melee weapon
- Immunity: Cold - This model does not suffer cold damage.
- Pathfinder - This model treats rough terrain as open terrain while advancing. While charging, slam power attacking, or trample power attacking, this model does not stop its movement when it contacts an obstacle.
- Battle Wizard - Once per turn during its activation, when this model destroys one or more living enemy models with a melee attack, it can use one of its Magic Abilities for free afterwards.
- Elite Cadre [Nyss] - Friendly Nyss models gain Immunity: Cold (as above).
- Magic Ability [ 6 ] - This model can use its Combat Action to cast spells. Offensive spells are a (★ Attack) and friendly spells are a (★ Action).
- Blessings of the Winter Father (★ Action) - While in the Priest's CMD range, other friendly Nyss models gain +1 to attack rolls for one turn.
- Frostbite (★ Attack) - 8" Spray, POW 12 Cold Damage (as well as Magical Damage).
- Winter Storm (★ Action) - Enemy models starting their activations in this model's CMD range lose Eyeless Sight, Flight, and Pathfinder.
- Prowl - While concealed this model has stealth.
Thoughts on Priest of Nyssor
Feel free to remove this warning if you, personally, have a good level of gameplay experience with the model, have reviewed this article, and either you A) agree with the content 100% or B) for the parts you disagree with, you don't strongly disagree; and it's more a case of differing opinions between you and previous editors rather than incorrect content / bad advice.
Priest of Nyssor in a nutshell
The Priest of Nyssor buffs Nyss. Immunity: Cold is occasionally game-saving (especially against certain cold-based feats) and although the Nyss-buffing spell isn't quite a Veteran Leader it comes close.
Combos & Synergies
Drawbacks & Downsides
- Winter Storm isn't as useful as it appears (as players of Lanyssa know well) - it just gets the priest killed.
- Limited maneuverability for Veteran Leader spell.
- Low MA for the cost.
Tricks & Tips
- Originally released 2017.04
Other Retribution models
|Retribution Mercenary Models/Units|
|Units||Lady Aiyana & Master Holt - Lynus Wesselbaum & Edrea Lloryrr|
|Solos||Dahlia Hallyr & Skarath - Eilish Garrity - Madelyn Corbeau, Ordic Courtesan|
| * The "Damage Type: Magical" is not inherited by "secondary" damage from a weapon. That is, stuff like arcs (Electro Leap) or hazards (Scather). (Infernal Ruling)