|For more info on why we're moving to a new server, check out the Brief History section on the new main page, and/or listen to episode 45 of the LOS podcast|
| If you have made an edit within the last month or so, please check the new server and see if it was copied by the autobot. |
You may need to copy-paste your work to the new server manually. Sorry.
❝ Praetorians stand as paragons of the warrior caste, their traditions irrevocably rooted in the hoksune code. These soldiers form the backbone of all house armies as well as the Army of the Western Reaches. Praetorian swordsmen require superlative skill to master their distinctive two-weapon fighting style. The keltarii wield their double bladed glaives with unsurpassed speed and precision, able to deflect incoming projectiles as easily as they slice through flesh and steel. ❞
Double-Bladed Glaive ❙ Melee ❙ COST: 12 ❙ RNG: 2 ❙ ROF: 43 ❙ AOE: 65 ❙ POW: 4 ❙ P+S: 10 ❙ DUR: 90 ❙ OFF: 90
- Combined Melee Attack - This unit can combine their melee attacks to get a bonus on accuracy and damage.
- Parry - This model cannot be targeted by free strikes.
- Blade Shield - This model gains +2 DEF vs ranged attacks.
- Reposition [3"] - At the end of an activation in which it did not run or fail a charge, this model can advance up to 3", then its activation ends.
Thoughts on Praetorian Keltarii
Praetorian Keltarii in a nutshell
Praetorian Keltarii are an exceptionally mobile skirmishing unit, able to slide through the enemy and get to squishy support models. And hard to shoot and with enough armour to deflect much blast damage.
Combos & Synergies
- Void Seer Mordikaar loves models that will go wherever he wants them to so he can essence blast them. And likes Hollow units to gather souls from.
- Naaresh and a Basilisk Krea together can make these guys practically immune from shooting!
Drawbacks and Downsides
- They really don't hit hard. Good enough for infantry but not for anything armoured. And their MAT is relatively low to kill infantry too.
- A lot of skorne infantry is just as good against infantry, and better against anything else. Ferox Rider, Swordmen and Paingiver Bloodrunners in particular.
Tricks and Tactics
- Charge in then Reposition out of the way to give other units a go. Or charge in and reposition deeper into the enemy to jam them up solidly.
Changes from Mk2
They became slightly cheaper.
The Great Skorne Errata made them faster. Very useful for polearm wielders.
The Praetorian units are named after the ancient Roman "Praetoriani" the elite of the elite Roman legionaries meant to guard the most important military leaders. In lore, praetorian are relatively high-class warrior, since the actual peons of the armies aren't playable, likely they aren't worth the cost of sending them through the desert to the western realms.