|This server will go offline in September 2018. Please migrate to our new server, Warmachine University|
|For more info on why we're moving to a new server, check out the Brief History section on the new main page, and/or listen to episode 45 of the LOS podcast|
| If you have made an edit within the last month or so, please check the new server and see if it was copied by the autobot. |
You may need to copy-paste your work to the new server manually. Sorry.
Wow. Such bite. Many Trenchers. Much dodge.
He's a good boy
|See also How to Read the statblock|
- Bite - 0.5" reach, P+S 7 melee weapon.
- Advance Deployment - Models with advance deployment are placed after normal deployment and may be placed up to 6" further forward.
- Pathfinder - This model treats rough terrain as open terrain while advancing. While charging, slam power attacking, or trample power attacking, this model does not stop its movement when it contacts an obstacle.
- Tough - When this model is disabled, roll a d6. On a 5 or 6, remove 1 damage point from this model; it is no longer disabled and becomes knocked down. While knocked down this model loses Tough.
- Annoyance - Living enemy models within 1" of this model suffer -1 to attack rolls.
- Dodge - When an enemy misses this model with an attack at any time except when it is advancing, this model can immediately advance 2" ignoring free strikes.
- Foxhole Buddy - While B2B with a friendly model that is dug in, this model gains cover, does not suffer blast damage, and does not block LOS.
- Leadership [Trencher] - Friendly Trencher models in this model's CMD range gain Dodge. (as above)
- Noisy (★ Action) - Enemy models lose Stealth while within 8" of the dog. When an enemy model makes an attack targeting a friendly model within 5" of the dog, that enemy doesn't gain the back strike bonus. Noisy lasts for one round.
Thoughts on Patrol Dog
Feel free to remove this warning if you, personally, have a good level of gameplay experience with the model, have reviewed this article, and either you A) agree with the content 100% or B) for the parts you disagree with, you don't strongly disagree; and it's more a case of differing opinions between you and previous editors rather than incorrect content / bad advice.
Patrol Dog in a nutshell
The Patrol Dog isn't gamechanging - but you don't expect two point choices to be. Instead it's just useful - a bit of defensive boosting, a bit of defensive buff and a bit of anti-stealth tech.
Combos & Synergies
- Technically, it can reload the Grenadier. No one is sure quite how...
- Annoyance synergises well with Haley3's Temporal Distortion.
Drawbacks & Downsides
- It doesn't hurt anyone.
- Models that are dug in lose that benefit if they take advantage of Dodge.
Tricks & Tips
- At DEF 15 against living models in melee and two points it's often worth just running the Patrol Dog into enemy models and letting them try and hit it.
- Originally released in the Trencher CID (2017.06)
- Cygnar players brought out all of the Doge puns.
Other Cygnar models