Fluff text (copy from PP gallery)
This model's rules are currently under development
This is a new model, and the information here is what was given at the start of the CID cycle
|See also How to Read the statblock|
- Bite - 0.5" reach, P+S 7 melee weapon.
- Advance Deployment - Models with advance deployment are placed after normal deployment and may be placed up to 6" further forward.
- Pathfinder - This model treats rough terrain as open terrain while advancing. While charging, slam power attacking, or trample power attacking, this model does not stop its movement when it contacts an obstacle.
- Tough - When this model is disabled, roll a d6. On a 5 or 6, remove 1 damage point from this model; it is no longer disabled and becomes knocked down. While knocked down this model loses Tough.
- Annoyance - Living enemy models close to this model suffer -1 penalty to attack rolls.
- Template:Foxhole Buddy
- Dodge - When an enemy misses this model with an attack at any time except when it is advancing, this model immediately advance 2" ignoring free strikes.
- Leadership [Trencher] - Trencher in this model's CMD range gain Dodge.
Thoughts on Patrol Dog
Patrol Dog in a nutshell
The Patrol Dog isn't gamechanging - but you don't expect two point choices to be. Instead it's just useful - a bit of defensive boosting, a bit of defensive buff and a bit of anti-stealth tech.
Combos & Synergies
- Technically it can reload the Grenadier. No one is sure quite how...
Drawbacks & Downsides
- It doesn't hurt anyone.
Tricks & Tips
- At DEF 15 against living models in melee and two points it's often worth just running the Patrol Dog into enemy models and letting them try and hit it.
Originally released in the Trencher CID (2017.06)
Other Cygnar models