Paingiver Bloodrunner Master Tormentor
|Crucible Guard CID is now live (Edit)||
- 1 Basic Info
- 2 Thoughts on Paingiver Bloodrunner Master Tormentor
- 3 Other
|Paingiver Bloodrunner Master Tormentor|
Barbed Whip ❙ Melee ❙ COST: 12 ❙ RNG: 2 ❙ ROF: 43 ❙ AOE: 65 ❙ POW: 3 ❙ P+S: 8 ❙ DUR: 90 ❙ OFF: 90
- Chain Weapon - This weapon ignores Buckler, Shield and Shield Wall.
- Weapon Master - When attacking with this weapon, add an additional die to its damage rolls.
- Thresher (★ Attack) - This model makes one melee attack with this weapon against each model in its LOS that is in this weapon's melee range. Thresher attacks are simultaneous.
- Advance Deployment - Models with advance deployment are placed after normal deployment and may be placed up to 6" further forward.
- Pathfinder - This model treats rough terrain as open terrain while advancing. While charging, slam power attacking, or trample power attacking, this model does not stop its movement when it contacts an obstacle.
- Stealth - Ranged and magic attacks targeting this model from a point of origin greater than 5˝ away automatically miss. This model is not an intervening model when determining line of sight from a model more than 5˝ away.
- Anatomical Precision - When this model's melee damage roll fails to exceed the ARM of the living model hit, that model suffers 1 damage point. A model disabled by a melee attack made by this model cannot make a Tough roll.
- Apparition - During your Control Phase, place this model anywhere completely within 2" of it's current location.
- Sprint - At the end of an activation in which it destroyed or removed from play one or more enemy models with melee attacks, this model can immediately make a full advance, then its activation ends.
- Veteran Leader [Paingiver Bloodrunners] - While in this model's CMD range, other friendly Paingiver Bloodrunners models gain +1 to attack rolls.
Thoughts on Paingiver Bloodrunner Master Tormentor
Paingiver Bloodrunner Master Tormentor in a nutshell
The Bloodrunner Master Tormentor is a roving circular area of devastation for single wound infantry. It does little for anything else - but as far as single wound non-construct infantry are concerned it's sheer murder. The strong charging threat range combined with the ability to sprint back to safety and the way it buffs an already good unit make it a pretty popular choice of solo.
Combos & Synergies
- Paingiver Bloodrunners - they get Veteran Leader to help finish what it leaves alive.
- Lord Assassin Morghoul gives the Bloodrunner Master Tormentor parry.
- Supreme Archdomina Makeda - dash with its free strike immunity can get the BRMT some very interesting places, and her ability to keep shooting away plus Stealth means delivering the Master Tormentor should be relatively easy.
Drawbacks and Downsides
- The Master Tormentor doesn't hit hard. It's going to masssacre single wound infantry, and if it makes a solo the charge target it's going to kill any but the toughest solo - but it's almost useless against warjacks and warbeasts.
Tricks and Tactics
- Sprint (or run) behind solid objects or deep into the woods - and use Apparition to gain line of sight when you activate so you can charge
Changes from Mk2 and Errata
In Mk2 the Bloodrunner Master Tormentor was a bit of a red headed stepchild, a solo doing the job of one of the Nihilators. In Mk3 the Tormentor gained Apparition and a point of MAT.
In the Great Skorne Errata the Master Tormentor gained Weapon Master, making it playable against tougher targets rather than a waste.
Theme Forces this is a member of