Orin Midwinter, Rogue Inquisitor
Once a senior member of Cygnar's infamous Inquisition, Orin Midwinter has come out of hiding to reclaim his place of power as the noose closes around the country that hunted him. Specialized in hunting spell-casters, Midwinter uses his arcane energy to draw power from enemy wizards, suppress their magic, or simply strike them down with arcs of lightning.
- 1 Basic Info
- 2 Thoughts on Orin Midwinter, Rogue Inquisitor
- 3 Other
Weapons and Attacks
- Void Staff - 2" range, P+S 9 melee weapon.
- Minion - Works for Skorne.
- Mercenary - Works for Cryx, Khador, Protectorate.
- Arcane Vortex - Can negate spells targeting nearby models by spending a _ token. The negated spell's COST is still paid.
- Inquisitor's Talisman - Start with three power tokens. Spend to boost attack or damage rolls, or make extra melee attacks (Or arcane vortex).
- Magic Ability [ _ ] - This model can use its Combat Action to cast spells. Offensive spells are a (★ Attack) and friendly spells are a (★ Action).
Thoughts on Orin Midwinter, Rogue Inquisitor
Orin Midwinter, Rogue Inquisitor in a nutshell
Orin is one of the best solos in the game, point for point. Chain Lightning on a solo will kill more infantry than many units can, so while most solos underperform their cost, Orin won't unless presented with a lot of ARM. His attack is magical to boot. On top of this he comes pre-equipped with three Arcane Vortexes in his pocket that will stop your opponent from getting any ideas about debuffing your precious stuff.
Combos & Synergies
- He usually stands near a colossal, warcaster or a battle engine brandishing his no magic button.
Drawbacks & Downsides
- Not super useful against high ARM, but boosted POW 10's occasionally help out.
Tricks & Tips
- One power token left is generally enough to convince the enemy not to sling spells near Midwinter.
- After the third turn, he's usually ok to go spend tokens killing things
- Save damage boosts for squishy solos.
- To hit high DEF targets like Eiryss, Angel of Retribution run one of your infantry to within 4" of her and chain lightning it in the back (you shoudn't need to boost here unless you're using Nyss). You'll always get one arc off - which means you flash-fry Eiryss if she's nearest (and this is worth spending a damage token on).
How can I include this model in my army?
Mercenaries are a bit more complicated than regular faction models, they can be taken in one of three different ways.
- This model can be included in a pure Mercenary army.
- This model can be included in the following Faction armies:
- This model can be included in the following theme forces:
Other faction models
| M |
|Units, Solos, & Battle Engines|
|Warlock attachments||Targ Gatorman Soul Slave|
|Units||Farrow||Farrow Bone Grinders - Farrow Brigands - Farrow Commandos - Farrow Razorback Crew - Farrow Slaughterhousers - Farrow Valkyries|
|Gatorman||Bog Trog Ambushers - Croak Raiders - Gatorman Bokor & Shamblers - Gatorman Posse - Gobber Bellows|
Nyss Hunters - Blythe & Bull - Boomhowlers - Lynus & Edrea
|Solos||Farrow||Maximus - Rorsh & Brine - Targ|
|Gatorman|| Boil Master & Spirit Cauldron - Bog Trog Mist Speaker - Bog Trog Trawler - Croak Hunter - Gatorman Husk - Gatorman Soul Slave - Gatorman Witch Doctor |
Kwaak Slickspine & Gub - Longchops - Wrong Eye & Snapjaw
|Unaligned|| Efaarit Scout - Feralgeist -Gobber Tinker - Gremlin Swarm - Ogrun Bokur - Gobber Chef - Gobber Raiders - Thrullg - Totem Hunter|
Alten Ashley - Brun Cragback & Lug - Dahlia Hallyr & Skarath - Eilish Garrity - Gudrun the Wanderer - Hutchuck - Lanyssa Ryssyl, Nyss Sorceress - Orin - Raluk - Saxon Orrik - Viktor Pendrake
|Battle Engines||Meat Thresher (Farrow) - Sacral Vault (Gatorman)|
|Minion - Theme Forces (Edit)|
|The Blindwater Congregation - The Thornfall Alliance|