Mercenary Minion Rhulic Solo
An ogrun typically seeks a cause and an employer. Those who have yet to find a place in the world are known as Bokur. Luckily they think your cause is a good one. What? You did pay them enough to think that didn't you?
| Base Size
| Damage Boxes
| Relative Cost
Weapons and Attacks
- Pole Arm - 2" reach melee weapon, P+S 15.
- Powerful Charge - This models gains +2 to hit on charge attacks with this weapon.
- Shield - .5" reach melee P+S 11
- Shield - This 'weapon' is a shield that provides a cumulative +2 ARM bonus. The bonus doesn't apply if the weapon is crippled or if the damage originates in your back arc.
- Mercenary - Works for Cryx, Cygnar & Khador.
- Minion - Works for Circle, Legion, Skorne, and Trollbloods
- Tough - When this model is disabled, roll a d6. On a 5 or 6, remove 1 damage point from this model; it is no longer disabled and becomes knocked down. While knocked down this model loses Tough.
- Client - This model chooses a client at the beginning of the game. While within 6" of the client, this model gets +2 to attack and damage rolls. Also, it gains Advance Deployment if the client has it.
- Shield Guard - When a friendly model within 3" is hit by a non-spray ranged attack, this model can be hit instead.
- Slam Power Attack - This model can make slam power attacks.
Overall, the Bokur plays the same and fulfills the same role it always has.
- 2016.06 Mk3 release
- Mostly unchanged. Slight DEF/ARM adjustment, got a shield, got Tough
- 2016.12 Errata
- Became a minion that works for a bunch of Hordes factions
Thoughts on Ogrun Bokur
Ogrun Bokur in a nutshell
The Bokur is a cheap Shield Guard with enough armour from the front to face-tank some incoming fire. When it charges with the client bonus it hits like an unbuffed Nomad and it's the single model in the game that works for the most factions - all four Hordes factions, Minions, Mercs, and most of Warmachine.
Combos & Synergies
- Relatively tough models likely to make it into melee like Savio Montero Acosta and who the enemy will try and shoot.
Drawbacks & Downsides
- Kill the client, weaken the Bokur.
- If you keep it back that's a lot of points on babysitting duty.
Tricks & Tips
- With their new Minion type, this opens a lot of new possibilities with Hordes factions.
How can I include this model in my army?
Mercenary-Minion models are a bit more complicated than regular faction models, they can be taken in one of four different ways:
- This model can be included in a pure Mercenary army.
- This model can be included in a pure Minion army.
- This model can be included in the following Faction armies:
- This model can be included in the following theme forces:
- "Bokur" is the title of a voodoo priest (especially one that specializes in darker aspects).
- The Morgul (spoken by Ogrun) word "Bokur" has no apparent connection to the Quor (spoken by Gatormen) word "Bokur".
- Originally released in Warmachine: Superiority (2006)
Other faction models
Since this model is a Minion-Mercenary model, we have omitted displaying the indices (because it'd take up half the page to display everything that is in two full factions). Refer the links instead:
Rules Clarification : Powerful Charge (Edit)
- If you declare a charge but move less than 3", then the attack doesn't count as a "Charge Attack" and you won't get the bonus.
Rules Clarification : Shield and/or Buckler (Edit)
- The only time you lose the Shield bonus is when the weapon is crippled, or if the attack originates in your back arc. (Infernal Ruling)
- In other words, you still get the Shield bonus while knocked down or stationary.
Rules Clarification : Tough - None yet. (Edit)
Rules Clarification : Shield Guard (Edit)
- Shield Guard doesn't work vs spells.
- Since Shield Guard specifies "opponent's turn", it can't be used against stuff that shoots in your own turn (such as Watcher or Counterblast).
- The Shield Guard does not necessarily need to be in the attacker's LOS or range.
- You shift all effects onto the shield guard, including stuff that triggers on "when this attack hits".
- When you use Shield Guard vs an AOE attack, the template moves too. Because, with reference to Apdx A, the hit 'moves' at Step 6 and the template placement is determined at Step 7.
- Shield Guard doesn't work vs Point Blank attacks. Because Point Blank attacks are melee attacks that are made using a ranged weapon.
- On the other hand, it will work vs Gunfighter attacks.