|This server will go offline in September 2018. Please migrate to our new server, Warmachine University|
|For more info on why we're moving to a new server, check out the Brief History section on the new main page, and/or listen to episode 45 of the LOS podcast|
| If you have made an edit within the last month or so, please check the new server and see if it was copied by the autobot. |
You may need to copy-paste your work to the new server manually. Sorry.
An ogrun typically seeks a cause and an employer. Those who have yet to find a place in the world are known as Bokur. Luckily they think your cause is a good one. What? You did pay them enough to think that didn't you?
|See also How to Read the statblock|
- Pole Arm - 2" reach, P+S 15 melee weapon
- Powerful Charge - This models gains +2 to hit on charge attacks with this weapon.
- Shield - 0.5" reach, P+S 11 melee weapon
- Shield - This 'weapon' is a shield that provides a cumulative +2 ARM bonus. The bonus doesn't apply if the weapon is crippled or if the damage originates in your back arc.
- Mercenary - Works as a Cryx mercenary, Cygnar mercenary, and as a Khador mercenary.
- Minion - Works as a Circle Orboros minion, Legion of Everblight Minion, Skorne minion, and as a Trollblood minion.
- Tough - When this model is disabled, roll a d6. On a 5 or 6, remove 1 damage point from this model; it is no longer disabled and becomes knocked down. While knocked down this model loses Tough.
- Client - The Bokur chooses a client at the beginning of the game. While within 6" of the client, the Bokur gets +2 to attack and damage rolls. Also, it gains Advance Deployment if the client has it.
- Shield Guard - Once per round, when a friendly model is directly hit by a non-spray ranged attack during your opponent's turn while within 3" of this model, you can choose to have this model directly hit instead. This model is automatically hit and suffers all damage and effects. This model cannot use Shield Guard while it is incorporeal, knocked down, or stationary.
- Slam Power Attack - This model can make slam power attacks.
- Became a minion that works for a bunch of Hordes factions
Thoughts on Ogrun Bokur
Ogrun Bokur in a nutshell
You take the Bokur to be a cheap Shield Guard with enough armour from the front to face-tank some incoming fire.
On top of that, he is decent in melee. If he gets a charge and the client bonus he punches above his weight class - comparable to an unbuffed Nomad (11 point heavy warjack).
Whether you decide to use your Client bonus on your caster or someone else, there is essentially two ways to use the Bokur:
- Babysit a backline squishy model the entire game, in which case you're proabably overpaying for Shield Guard.
- Escort a melee dude up the field, who you'd rather didn't get shot off the boatd during the approach, and then they can both get busy in melee.
Combos & Synergies
- Relatively durable models that are likely to make it into melee, but who the enemy will try and shoot. For example, Savio Montero Acosta or Gerlak Slaughterborn.
Drawbacks & Downsides
- Kill the client, weaken the Bokur.
- If you keep it back to Shield Guard something then that's a lot of points on babysitting duty.
- One of the few Mercenary models that isn't allowed in The Irregulars theme force.
Tricks & Tips
- If you're not sure who your opponent is going to shoot, put him within 3" of multiple models.
- RAW, the Bokur can be his own client. However there is an Infernal Ruling to say it can't.
- "Bokur" is the title of a voodoo priest (especially one that specializes in darker aspects).
- The Morgul (spoken by Ogrun) word "Bokur" has no apparent connection to the Quor (spoken by Gatormen) word "Bokur".
- Originally released in Warmachine: Superiority (2006)
|Cryx (Edit)||Cygnar (Edit)|
|Circle Orboros (Edit)||Legion of Everblight (Edit)|
|Skorne (Edit)||Trollbloods (Edit)|
Other Faction models
| M |
|Units, Solos, & Battle Engines|
|Warlock attachments||Targ - Gatorman Soul Slave|
|Units||Farrow||Farrow Bone Grinders - Farrow Brigands - Farrow Commandos - Farrow Razorback Crew - Farrow Slaughterhousers - Farrow Valkyries|
|Gatorman|| Bog Trog Ambushers - Croak Raiders - Gatorman Bokor & Shamblers - Gatorman Posse - Gobber Bellows|
Special WA: Void Leech
Nyss Hunters - Blythe & Bull - Boomhowlers - Lynus & Edrea
Agata, Queen of Carnage - Maximus - Rorsh & Brine - Targ
|Gatorman|| Boil Master & Spirit Cauldron - Bog Trog Mist Speaker - Bog Trog Trawler - Croak Hunter - Gatorman Husk - Gatorman Soul Slave - Gatorman Witch Doctor |
Kwaak Slickspine & Gub - Longchops - Wrong Eye & Snapjaw
|Unaligned|| Efaarit Scout - Feralgeist -Gobber Tinker - Gremlin Swarm - Ogrun Bokur - Gobber Chef - Gobber Raiders - Thrullg - Totem Hunter|
Alten Ashley - Brun Cragback & Lug - Dahlia Hallyr & Skarath - Eilish Garrity - Gudrun the Wanderer - Hutchuck - Lanyssa Ryssyl, Nyss Sorceress - Orin - Raluk - Saxon Orrik - Viktor Pendrake
|Battle Engines||Meat Thresher (Farrow) - Sacral Vault (Gatorman)|
|Minion - Theme Forces (Edit)|
|The Blindwater Congregation - The Thornfall Alliance - Will Work for Food|