Ogrun Assault Corps
Strong enough to wield handheld battle cannons that fire explosive shells across the battlefield, the ogrun assault corps serve their employers as highly mobile artillery. Their great strength and fearsome axes allow them to effectively deal death in melee as well as at range.
- 1 Basic Info
- 2 Other
|Ogrun Assault Corps|
Weapons and Attacks
- Battlecannon - 12" range, AOE 3, POW 12 gun
- Axe 1" range, P+S 12 melee weapon
- Mercenary - will work for Cygnar and the Protectorate
- Tough - When this model is disabled, roll a d6. On a 5 or 6, remove 1 damage point from this model; it is no longer disabled and becomes knocked down. While knocked down this model loses Tough.
- Assault - This model may make a ranged attack as part of its charge.
- Combined Melee Attack - This unit can combine their melee attacks to get a bonus on accuracy and damage.
- Combined Ranged Attack - This unit can combine their ranged attacks to get a bonus on accuracy and damage.
Thoughts on Ogrun Assault Corps
Ogrun Assault Corps in a nutshell
The Ogrun Assault Corps are big ogres carrying cannon. Boom! Small AoEs to drop all over the enemy.
Combos & Synergies
- Durgen Madhammer likes extra AoEs. But not normally enough to take the OAC
Drawbacks and Downsides
- They are neither fish nor fowl and excel at nothing despite costing twice as much as ordinary troopers
- Small AoEs don't normally do much - infantry that densely packed is normally blast resistant.
- They aren't good at melee - even with Assault their charge is little better per model than ordinary Trencher Infantry.
- They are forced to make a tough roll on average rolls by charging POW 11 infantry - or two POW 12 shots. So they aren't tough for their points.
Tricks and Tactics
Changes from Mk2
- They gained assault. Their damage boxes went down but they gained tough.
- Slightly cheaper
- Gained a point of ARM
- Melee RNG is now average
- Lost a couple points of CMD
How can I include this model in my army?
Mercenaries are a bit more complicated than regular faction models, they can be taken in one of three different ways.
- This model can be included in a pure Mercenary army.
- This model can be included in the following Faction armies:
- This model can be included in the following theme forces:
| M |
|Units, Solos, & Battle Engines|
|Warcaster attachments||Madelyn Corbeau - Reinholdt - Wyshnalyrr|
|Lesser Warlocks||Rorsh & Brine (Farrow) - Wrong Eye & Snapjaw (Gatorman)|
|Units|| Cephalyx Mind Bender - Cephalyx Mind Slaver - Cephalyx Overlords - High Shields - Artillery Corps - Forge Guard - Idrian Skirmishers - Kayazy Assassins - Kayazy Eliminators - Ogrun Assault Corps - Precursor Knights - Press Gangers - Sea Dog Pirates - Deck Gun - Steelhead Halberdiers - Steelhead Heavy Cavalry - Steelhead Riflemen - Tactical Arcanist Corps - Thorn Gun Mages|
Special CA: Cephalyx Dominator
|Character Units||Alexia1 - Sam & The Devil Dogs - Croe's Cutthroats - Nyss Hunters - Blythe & Bull - Boomhowlers - Herne & Jonne - Aiyana & Holt - Lynus & Edrea - Commodore Cannon - Devil's Shadow Mutineers|
|Solos||Cephalyx Agitator - Gobber Tinker - Ogrun Bokur - Swamp Gobber River Raider|
|Character Solos||Alexia2 - Alten Ashley - Anastasia Di Bray - Bloody Bradigan - Bosun Grogspar - Brun & Lug - Colbie - Dahlia & Skarath - Dirty Meg - Doc Killingsworth - Eilish Garrity - Eiryss1 - Eiryss2 - Hawk - Gastone1 - Gorman - Gudrun - Harlan Versh - Hutchuk - Kell Bailoch - Lanyssa - Rockbottom - Major Harrison Gibbs - Dougal - Orin - Ragman - Raluk - Rhupert - Rorsh & Brine - Rutger - Savio - Saxon - Sergeant Nick - Stannis - Taryn - Thor - Viktor - Wrong Eye & Snapjaw|
|Battle Engines||Hammerfall Siege Crawler|
|Theme Forces (Edit)|
|Hammer Strike - The Kingmaker's Army - Operating Theater|