Ogrun Assault Corps
Strong enough to wield handheld battle cannons that fire explosive shells across the battlefield, the ogrun assault corps serve their employers as highly mobile artillery. Their great strength and fearsome axes allow them to effectively deal death in melee as well as at range.
- 1 Basic Info
- 2 Other
|Ogrun Assault Corps|
Weapons and Attacks
- Battlecannon - 12" range, AOE 3, POW 12 gun
- Axe 1" range, P+S 12 melee weapon
- Mercenary - will work for Cygnar and the Protectorate
- Tough - When this model is disabled, roll a d6. On a 5 or 6, remove 1 damage point from this model; it is no longer disabled and becomes knocked down. While knocked down this model loses Tough.
- Assault - This model may make a ranged attack as part of its charge.
- Combined Melee Attack - This unit can combine their melee attacks to get a bonus on accuracy and damage.
- Combined Ranged Attack - This unit can combine their ranged attacks to get a bonus on accuracy and damage.
Thoughts on Ogrun Assault Corps
Ogrun Assault Corps in a nutshell
The Ogrun Assault Corps are big ogres carrying cannons. They are designed to be a versatile ranged unit that can dish it out in melee when the time comes. They are most effective when scattering blasts onto low ARM troops that have no blast immunity. Such units are extremely uncommon because of how easily they die to blasts, go figure.
Combos & Synergies
- Durgen Madhammer likes extra AoEs. But not normally enough to take the OAC.
- Snipe or Fire for Effect (Boosted POW 17 CRA) from Ossrum
Drawbacks and Downsides
- Instead of being okay at everything, they're kind of below average at everything.
- They are priced like a heavy warjack and have durability and damage output more comparable with a light. They are roughly 3 points too expensive as is.
- Small AoEs don't normally do much - infantry that densely packed is normally blast resistant.
- They aren't good at melee - even with Assault their charge is little better per model than ordinary Trencher Infantry.
- A squishier multi-wound infantry unit you will not find.
- CMA with medium bases is very difficult to pull off with more than two models.
Tricks and Tactics
With Snipe and Ossrum's feat, their assault shots go super far. They may not hit or damage anything, but they'll shoot really really far.
How can I include this model in my army?
Mercenaries are a bit more complicated than regular faction models, they can be taken in one of three different ways.
- This model can be included in a pure Mercenary army.
- This model can be included in the following Faction armies:
- This model can be included in the following theme forces:
| M |
|Units, Solos, & Battle Engines|
|Warcaster attachments||Madelyn Corbeau - Reinholdt - Wyshnalyrr|
|Lesser Warlocks||Rorsh & Brine (Farrow) - Wrong Eye & Snapjaw (Gatorman)|
|Units|| Cephalyx Mind Bender - Cephalyx Mind Slaver - Cephalyx Overlords - High Shields - Artillery Corps - Forge Guard - Idrian Skirmishers - Kayazy Assassins - Kayazy Eliminators - Ogrun Assault Corps - Precursor Knights - Press Gangers - Sea Dog Pirates - Deck Gun - Steelhead Halberdiers - Steelhead Heavy Cavalry - Steelhead Riflemen - Tactical Arcanist Corps - Thorn Gun Mages|
Special CA: Cephalyx Dominator
|Character Units||Alexia1 - Sam & The Devil Dogs - Croe's Cutthroats - Nyss Hunters - Blythe & Bull - Boomhowlers - Herne & Jonne - Aiyana & Holt - Lynus & Edrea - Commodore Cannon - Devil's Shadow Mutineers|
|Solos||Cephalyx Agitator - Gobber Tinker - Ogrun Bokur - Swamp Gobber River Raider|
|Character Solos||Alexia2 - Alten Ashley - Anastasia Di Bray - Bloody Bradigan - Bosun Grogspar - Brun & Lug - Colbie - Dahlia & Skarath - Dirty Meg - Doc Killingsworth - Eilish Garrity - Eiryss1 - Eiryss2 - Hawk - Gastone1 - Gorman - Gudrun - Harlan Versh - Hutchuk - Kell Bailoch - Lanyssa - Rockbottom - Major Harrison Gibbs - Dougal - Orin - Ragman - Raluk - Rhupert - Rorsh & Brine - Rutger - Savio - Saxon - Sergeant Nick - Stannis - Taryn - Thor - Viktor - Wrong Eye & Snapjaw|
|Battle Engines||Hammerfall Siege Crawler|
|Theme Forces (Edit)|
|Hammer Strike - The Irregulars - The Kingmaker's Army - Operating Theater - The Talion Charter|