Fluff blurb (Copy from PP)
Weapons and Attacks
- Immunity: Cold - This model does not suffer cold damage.
- Pathfinder - This model treats rough terrain as open terrain while advancing. While charging, slam power attacking, or trample power attacking, this model does not stop its movement when it contacts an obstacle.
- Tough - When this model is disabled, roll a d6. On a 5 or 6, remove 1 damage point from this model; it is no longer disabled and becomes knocked down. While knocked down this model loses Tough.
- Battle Wizard - Once per turn during its activation, when this model destroys one or more living enemy models with a melee attack, it can use one of its Magic Abilities for free afterwards.
- Magic Ability [ 6 ] - This model can use its Combat Action to cast spells. Offensive spells are a (★ Attack) and friendly spells are a (★ Action).
- Cold Snap (★ Action) - This model gains Chiller. (Chiller - While within 2" of this model, enemy models suffer -2 DEF unless they have Cold Immunity.)
- Freak Storm (★ Action) - Place a small AoE cloud effect directly over this model, then place this model anywhere completely within 5".
- Frostbite (★ Attack) - 8" Spray, POW 12 Cold Damage (as well as Magical Damage).
Thoughts on Northkin Shaman
Northkin Shaman in a nutshell
The Northkin Shaman is a utility solo who brings a nice DEF debuff and can also hold its own in combat with a handy spray or protect from incoming fire with a cloud.
Basically it's a troll model with khador magic ice abilities.
For the Shaman you have to decide, if you want to get him close to war for his Chiller DEF debuff. Else you can have him in the backfield to protect your Lock against enemy Shooting. Playing him in front is a bit tricky, due to his low DEF and ARM stats. For the clouds have a look in this list: Anti Cloud Tech
Combos & Synergies
- A second Shaman - one cloud's not worth anywhere near as much as half of two.
- Swamp Gobber Bellows Crew for your cloud wall needs.
- Dire Troll Mauler - all beasts (and most melee infantry) like the DEF debuff but only the Mauler has its chain attack.
Drawbacks & Downsides
- Squishy magical solo
- Trollblood support bloat
Tricks & Tips
- Keep it near the action for the DEF debuff.
Theme Forces this is a member of
Other faction models
|Warlocks||Bloody Barnabas - Calaban - Helga - Jaga-Jaga - Lord Carver - Maelok - Midas - Rask - Sturm & Drang|
Requires a 2+ warlock game
|Other Controllers|| Lesser Warlocks: Brun & Lug - Dahlia & Skarath - Rorsh & Brine - Wrongeye & Snapjaw
|Warjacks & Warbeasts||The minion battlegroup members you can include in a Trollblood army depends entirely on what type of model is commanding them. There are too many permutations to list here, please refer to one of the model entries above for full details of what minions it can control.|
|Minion Units, Solos, & Battle Engines|
|Units||Bog Trog Ambushers - Croak Raiders - Bone Grinders - Brigands - Commandos - Razorback Crew - Slaughterhousers - Bokur & Swamp Shamblers - Gatorman Posse - Gobber Bellows|
|Solos||Mist Speaker - Bog Trog Trawler - Croak Hunter - Efaarit Scouts - Feralgeist - Witch Doctor - Gobber Tinker - Gremlin Swarm - Ogrun Bokur - Gobber Chef - Thrullg - Totem Hunter|
|Battle Engines||Meat Thresher|