Trollblood Light Warbeast
Blinded by generations in subterranean lairs, night trolls rely on other senses to stalk their prey under cover of darkness. When trollkin warlocks impel them to venture out into the daylight they can become lethal allies. Even enemies fortunate enough to survive an encounter with one of these terrifying creatures are forever haunted by the memory of it hypnotizing their comrades and tearing them apart with venomous, paralyzing claws.
- Wicked Claw (x2) - 1" reach, P+S 12.l melee weapons.
- Critical Paralysis - A living model critically hit by this weapon has its base DEF reduced to 5 and can't run, charge, slam, or trample for one round.
- Bite - 0.5"reach, P+S 11 melee weapon
- Eyeless Sight - This model 1) ignores cloud effects when determining LOS, 2) always ignores concealment and Stealth, and 3) never suffers Blind.
- Stealth - Ranged and magic attacks targeting this model from a point of origin greater than 5˝ away automatically miss. This model is not an intervening model when determining line of sight from a model more than 5˝ away.
- Man-Eater - May charge living warrior models for free.
- Regeneration [d3] - This model may be forced to heal d3 damage boxes, once per activation. It can't run in the same activation.
- Enemies within 2" are pushed directly towards the spellcaster in the order you choose.
- From Mk2 it got slightly cheaper and had its animus tweaked
- In the Dec 16/Jan 17 Errata it gained a much-needed point of MAT
Thoughts on Night Troll
Night Troll in a nutshell
The Night Troll is currently the lowest point cost troll light warbeast, looks cool, and is the only Trollblood model with Stealth. It received a MAT upgrade in errata and the jury is out on whether this was enough to fix the under-performing warbeast.
Combos & Synergies
- By the use of its animus it can pseudo-extend threat ranges, by bringing push-able enemies closer to a friendly model(s).
Drawbacks & Downsides
- It doesn't hurt heavies.
- Short threat range
- Doesn't worry high DEF infantry
- If you want something hard to kill for the cost get a Troll Bouncer
Tricks & Tips
- Look for reasons to use Attractor.
- It can take out infantry in quite a wide area.
- Themes for generic warbeasts (Edit)
Other faction models
Rules Clarification : Paralysis - None yet. (Edit)
Rules Clarification : Eyeless Sight (Edit)
- A model that ignores Stealth must ignore both aspects: both (1) the auto-missing, and (2) the 'not counting as an intervening model' parts.
- This can have some strange interactions with casters & channelers, if one has Eyeless Sight and one does not. There are examples on the Category:Channeler page.
Rules Clarification : Stealth (Edit)
- "Automatically missing" is not the same as "cannot be hit by".
- For instance, a stealth model can still be the target of an AOE attack and although it auto-misses, if the AOE deviates onto them they will get damaged.
Rules Clarification : Attractor (Edit)
- Push (Edit)
- Pushed models do not change their facing.
- Pushed models move at half rate through difficult terrain. Also, Pathfinder doesn't apply during pushes.
- Pushed models stop if they contact anything - a model of any size, or any obstacles or obstructions.
- You don't get free strikes against pushed models, because it is "involuntary movement" and therefore does not count as an advance.
- Pushed models suffer the effects of anything they move through (such as acid clouds