Blinded by generations in subterranean lairs, night trolls rely on other senses to stalk their prey under cover of darkness. When trollkin warlocks impel them to venture out into the daylight they can become lethal allies. Even enemies fortunate enough to survive an encounter with one of these terrifying creatures are forever haunted by the memory of it hypnotizing their comrades and tearing them apart with venomous, paralyzing claws.
- 1 Basic Info
- 2 Thoughts on Night Troll
- 3 Other
Weapons and Attacks
- Wicked Claw x2 - Average range, low-ish P+S.
- Bite - Slightly shorter range and P+S than the claws.
- Light Warbeast - This is a light warbeast and on a medium base. As such it has fury, gives fury when it dies, and can power attack where appropriate (but not trample).
- Eyeless Sight - This model ignores cloud effects when determining line of sight. This model ignores concealment and Stealth and never suffers Blind.
- Stealth - Ranged and magic attacks targeting this model from a point of origin greater than 5˝ away automatically miss. This model is not an intervening model when determining line of sight from a model more than 5˝ away.
- Man-Eater - May charge living warrior models for free.
- Regeneration - This model may be forced to heal a few damage boxes, once per turn.
- Attractor - Low cost, range SELF animus. Enemies within a small distance are pulled directly towards the spellcaster in the order they choose.
Thoughts on Night Troll
Night Troll in a nutshell
The Night Troll is a very cheap troll light warbeast that looks cool. It was weak enough to get a MAT upgrade in errata and the jury is out on whether this was enough to fix the underperforming warbeast.
Combos & Synergies
- It can extend threat ranges for just about any model if the night troll itself is in charge range of something.
Drawbacks & Downsides
- It doesn't hurt heavies.
- Short threat range
- Doesn't worry high DEF infantry
- If you want something hard to kill for the cost get a Troll Bouncer
Tricks & Tips
- Look for reasons to use Attractor.
- It can take out infantry in quite a wide area.
Comparison to Mk2 and errata
- From Mk2 it got slightly cheaper and had its animus tweaked
- In the Dec 16/Jan 17 Errata it gained a much-needed point of MAT
Theme Forces this is a member of
Other faction models
|Trollblood - Minion models (Edit)|
|Warlocks|| Bloody Barnabas - Calaban - Helga - Jaga-Jaga - Lord Carver - Maelok - Midas - Rask - Sturm & Drang|
Requires a 2+ warlock game
|Other Controllers|| Lesser Warlocks: Brun & Lug - Dahlia & Skarath - Rorsh & Brine - Wrongeye & Snapjaw
|Warjacks & Warbeasts||The minion battlegroup members you can include in a Trollblood army depends entirely on what type of model is commanding them. There are too many permutations to list here, please refer to one of the model entries above for full details of what minions it can control.|
|Units, Solos, & Battle Engines|
|Units||Bog Trog Ambushers - Croak Raiders - Bone Grinders - Brigands - Commandos - Razorback Crew - Slaughterhousers - Bokur & Swamp Shamblers - Gatorman Posse - Gobber Bellows|
|Solos||Mist Speaker - Bog Trog Trawler - Croak Hunter - Efaarit Scouts - Feralgeist - Witch Doctor - Gobber Tinker - Gremlin Swarm - Ogrun Bokur - Gobber Chef - Thrullg - Totem Hunter|
|Battle Engines||Meat Thresher|
|Trollblood - Theme Forces (Edit)|
|Band of Heroes - Power of Dhunia|