|This server will go offline in September 2018. Please migrate to our new server, Warmachine University|
|For more info on why we're moving to a new server, check out the Brief History section on the new main page, and/or listen to episode 45 of the LOS podcast|
| If you have made an edit within the last month or so, please check the new server and see if it was copied by the autobot. |
You may need to copy-paste your work to the new server manually. Sorry.
Blinded by generations in subterranean lairs, night trolls rely on other senses to stalk their prey under cover of darkness. When trollkin warlocks impel them to venture out into the daylight they can become lethal allies. Even enemies fortunate enough to survive an encounter with one of these terrifying creatures are forever haunted by the memory of it hypnotizing their comrades and tearing them apart with venomous, paralyzing claws.
|See also How to Read the statblock|
- Wicked Claw (x2) - 1" reach, P+S 12 melee weapons.
- Bite - 0.5"reach, P+S 11 melee weapon.
- Eyeless Sight - This model 1) ignores cloud effects when determining LOS, 2) always ignores concealment and Stealth, and 3) never suffers Blind.
- Stealth - Ranged and magic attacks targeting this model from a point of origin greater than 5˝ away automatically miss. This model is not an intervening model when determining line of sight from a model more than 5˝ away.
- Man-Eater - May charge living warrior models for free.
- Regeneration [d3] - This model may be forced to heal d3 damage boxes, once per activation. It can't run in the same activation.
- Attractor - Cost 1, range SELF
- Enemies within 2" are pushed directly towards the spellcaster in the order you choose.
- From Mk2 it got slightly cheaper and had its animus tweaked.
- In the Dec 16/Jan 17 Errata it gained a much-needed point of MAT.
Thoughts on Night Troll
Night Troll in a nutshell
The Night Troll is currently the cheapest troll light warbeast, looks cool, and is the only Trollblood model with Stealth. It received a MAT upgrade in errata and the jury is out on whether this was enough to fix the under-performing warbeast.
Combos & Synergies
- By the use of its animus it can pseudo-extend threat ranges, bringing push-able enemies closer to your army.
Drawbacks & Downsides
- It doesn't hurt heavies.
- It has a short threat range.
- It doesn't worry high DEF infantry.
- If you want something hard to kill for the cost get a Troll Bouncer.
Tricks & Tips
- Look for reasons to use Attractor.
- It can take out infantry in quite a wide area.
- Themes for any-and-all warbeasts (Edit)
- Band of Heroes - (Article) (Category)
- Power of Dhunia - (Article) (Category)
- Storm of the North (Article) (Category)
Other faction models
|Warlocks||Bloody Barnabas - Calaban - Helga - Jaga-Jaga - Lord Carver - Maelok - Midas - Rask - Sturm & Drang|
Requires a 2+ warlock game
|Other Controllers|| Lesser Warlocks: Brun & Lug - Dahlia & Skarath - Rorsh & Brine - Wrongeye & Snapjaw
|Warjacks & Warbeasts||The minion battlegroup members you can include in a Trollblood army depends entirely on what type of model is commanding them. There are too many permutations to list here, please refer to one of the model entries above for full details of what minions it can control.|
|Minion Units, Solos, & Battle Engines|
|Units||Bog Trog Ambushers - Croak Raiders - Bone Grinders - Brigands - Commandos - Razorback Crew - Slaughterhousers - Bokur & Swamp Shamblers - Gatorman Posse - Gobber Bellows|
|Solos||Mist Speaker - Bog Trog Trawler - Croak Hunter - Efaarit Scouts - Feralgeist - Witch Doctor - Gobber Tinker - Gremlin Swarm - Ogrun Bokur - Gobber Chef - Thrullg - Totem Hunter|
|Battle Engines||Meat Thresher|