Mulg the Ancient
As reputedly the most ancient and ferocious dire troll ever to walk Caen, Mulg has become increasingly dangerous and tenacious over the centuries. Envious of trollkin sigils of power, he ordered runes carved into the stony flesh of his back depicting his many great deeds and ancient history. Mulg can focus his inhuman rage into these runes to stifle the power of enemy beasts.
- 1 Basic Info
- 2 Thoughts on Mulg the Ancient
- 3 Other
|Mulg the Ancient|
Weapons and Attacks
- Rune Club - P+S 18 range 2" melee weapon.
- Damage Type: Magical - This weapon can damage incorporeal models.
- Critical Smite - On a critical hit, the model hit can be slammed d6" directly away from this model. If the model hit has a larger base than the attacking model, it is moved only half the distance rolled. The POW of collateral damage is equal to the STR of this model.
- Big Meaty Fist - P+S 16 range 1" melee weapon.
- Heavy Warbeast
- Bond: (Doomshaper) - If this model begins the game in Doomshaper's battlegroup, it is bonded to them. This model is not considered to be bonded while under your opponent's control. While this model is bonded to Doomshaper and in their control range, Retaliatory Strike - Once per turn when an enemy hits this model in melee, it can hit back. Once.
- Regeneration [d3] - This model may be forced to heal d3 damage boxes, once per activation. It can't run in the same activation.
- Relentless Charge - This model gains Pathfinder while it is charging.
- Snacking - If this model boxes a living model with an attack it may optionally remove it from play and heal d3 damage points.
- Arcane Suppression - Cost 2
- While within 10" of the caster, enemy models have their spell COST increased by 1. Also, they pay double to upkeep spells. Arcane Suppression lasts for one round.
Thoughts on Mulg the Ancient
Mulg the Ancient in a nutshell
Mulg is the Trollbloods biggest basher who neither has nor needs an animus-based damage buff. Which means that he's absolutely great if you either want just one heavy to do your hitting or you already have a Dire Troll Mauler or Rök in your army. Simple and hard hitting Mulg can do his job very effectively.
Combos & Synergies
- He has a bond with all Doomshapers
- Like all other tough troops he loves the Krielstone
- Borka, Vengeance of the Rimeshaws likes his counter-chargers to have Reach. Mulg is the only one that applies to.
- Madrak Ironhide, World Ender loves anything with reach - and brings a damage buff.
Drawbacks & Downsides
- He's slow.
- Unlike his rivals no damage buff - so no turning lights into credible threats or allied heavies into Colossal-wreckers
Tricks & Tips
- Screen him. He won't get the charge off on his own merits.
Comparison to Mk2
Mulg got savagely nerfed from the biggest beatstick on a large base in the game to just good. His protective fit in Mk2 was nuts.
Theme Forces this is a member of
Other faction models
|Trollblood - Minion models (Edit)|
|Warlocks|| Bloody Barnabas - Calaban - Helga - Jaga-Jaga - Lord Carver - Maelok - Midas - Rask - Sturm & Drang|
Requires a 2+ warlock game
|Other Controllers|| Lesser Warlocks: Brun & Lug - Dahlia & Skarath - Rorsh & Brine - Wrongeye & Snapjaw
|Warjacks & Warbeasts||The minion battlegroup members you can include in a Trollblood army depends entirely on what type of model is commanding them. There are too many permutations to list here, please refer to one of the model entries above for full details of what minions it can control.|
|Units, Solos, & Battle Engines|
|Units||Bog Trog Ambushers - Croak Raiders - Bone Grinders - Brigands - Commandos - Razorback Crew - Slaughterhousers - Bokur & Swamp Shamblers - Gatorman Posse - Gobber Bellows|
|Solos||Mist Speaker - Bog Trog Trawler - Croak Hunter - Efaarit Scouts - Feralgeist - Witch Doctor - Gobber Tinker - Gremlin Swarm - Ogrun Bokur - Gobber Chef - Thrullg - Totem Hunter|
|Battle Engines||Meat Thresher|
|Trollbloods - Theme Forces (Edit)|
|Band of Heroes - Power of Dhunia|