Mulg the Ancient
As reputedly the most ancient and ferocious dire troll ever to walk Caen, Mulg has become increasingly dangerous and tenacious over the centuries. Envious of trollkin sigils of power, he ordered runes carved into the stony flesh of his back depicting his many great deeds and ancient history. Mulg can focus his inhuman rage into these runes to stifle the power of enemy beasts.
- 1 Basic Info
- 2 Thoughts on Mulg the Ancient
- 3 Other
|Mulg the Ancient|
|FURY / THR||4 (★) / 7|
|(★) FURY 5 with Doomshaper|
|See also How to Read the statblock|
- Rune Club - 2" reach, P+S 19 melee weapon.
- Damage Type: Magical - This weapon can damage incorporeal models.
- Critical Smite - On a critical hit, the model hit can be slammed d6" directly away from this model. If the model hit has a larger base than the attacking model, it is moved only half the distance rolled. The POW of collateral damage is equal to the STR of this model.
- Big Meaty Fist - 1" reach, P+S 17 melee weapon.
- Warbeast - All warbeasts share a huge stack of special rules. The short version is they're big, furious, and beat stuff up pretty good.
- Arcane Vortex - Can negate spells targeting nearby models by spending a fury token token. The negated spell's COST is still paid.
- Bond: (Doomshaper) - If this model begins the game in Doomshaper's battlegroup, it is bonded to them. This model is not considered to be bonded while under your opponent's control. While this model is bonded to Doomshaper and in their CTRL range, Mulg gains +1 FURY
- Hyper-Regeneration - This model heals d3 damage at the start of its activation.
- Primal Rage - Once per turn, when Mulg suffers damage from an enemy attack at any time except while he is advancing, after the attack is resolved he can immediately make a full advance toward the attacking model and can make one basic melee attack.
- Relentless Charge - This model gains Pathfinder while it is charging.
- Snacking - If this model boxes a living model with an attack it may optionally remove it from play and heal d3 damage points.
Rites of Power - Cost 1
- This model’s controller can channel spells through it. When a spell is channeled through it, this model immediately suffers d3 damage points. Rites of Power lasts for one turn.
2017.07 Northkin CID - Mulg got a huge overhaul
- Cost went up to 22 and STR to 13 (from 19 and 12)
- Gained Arcane Vortex and Primal Rage
- Bond changed from Retaliatory Strike to gaining +1 FURY
- Animus changed from Arcane Suppression to Rites of Power
- Healing changed from Regeneration [d3] to Hyper-Regeneration
Thoughts on Mulg the Ancient
Please feel free to update the article and remove this warning.
Mulg the Ancient in a nutshell
Mulg is the Trollbloods biggest basher who neither has nor needs an animus-based damage buff. Which means that he's absolutely great if you either want just one heavy to do your hitting or you already have a Dire Troll Mauler or Rök in your army. Simple and hard hitting Mulg can do his job very effectively.
Combos & Synergies
- He has a bond with all Doomshapers
- Like all other tough troops he loves the Krielstone
Out of Theme Combos
- Borka, Vengeance of the Rimeshaws likes his counter-chargers to have Reach. Mulg is the only one that applies to.
- Madrak Ironhide, World Ender loves anything with reach - and brings a damage buff.
Drawbacks & Downsides
- He's slow.
- Unlike his rivals no damage buff - so no turning lights into credible threats or allied heavies into Colossal-wreckers
Tricks & Tips
- Screen him. He won't get the charge off on his own merits.
When taken in Doomshaper's battlegroup, he can be taken in
Themes for any & all bonded warbeast (Edit)
- Band of Heroes - (Article) (Category)
- Kriel Company - (Article) (Category)
- Power of Dhunia - (Article) (Category)
- Storm of the North (Article) (Category)
When taken in someone else's, he can only be in:
Other Trollblood models
|Warlocks||Bloody Barnabas - Calaban - Helga - Jaga-Jaga - Lord Carver - Maelok - Midas - Rask - Sturm & Drang|
Requires a 2+ warlock game
|Other Controllers|| Lesser Warlocks: Brun & Lug - Dahlia & Skarath - Rorsh & Brine - Wrongeye & Snapjaw
|Warjacks & Warbeasts||The minion battlegroup members you can include in a Trollblood army depends entirely on what type of model is commanding them. There are too many permutations to list here, please refer to one of the model entries above for full details of what minions it can control.|
|Minion Units, Solos, & Battle Engines|
|Units||Bog Trog Ambushers - Croak Raiders - Bone Grinders - Brigands - Commandos - Razorback Crew - Slaughterhousers - Bokur & Swamp Shamblers - Gatorman Posse - Gobber Bellows|
|Solos||Mist Speaker - Bog Trog Trawler - Croak Hunter - Efaarit Scouts - Feralgeist - Witch Doctor - Gobber Tinker - Gremlin Swarm - Ogrun Bokur - Gobber Chef - Thrullg - Totem Hunter|
|Battle Engines||Meat Thresher|
| See also the Warbeast page for a recap of the core warbeast rules.