Mercenary warjacks are often drawn from discontinued chassis once produced by kingdom armies. The Mule, a former Cygnaran warjack, wields a massive battle mace and an innovative steam-powered cannon packing enough explosive punch to scatter enemies like leaves. Mercenaries maintain these battle-tested machines and find them fully capable of standing toe-to-toe against any fresh from the assembly line.
Weapons and Attacks
- Steam Lobber - 8" range, POW 15, AOE 4
- Arcing Fire - When attacking with this weapon, this model can ignore intervening models except those within 1" of the target.
- Critical Devastation - On a critical hit models hit are thrown d6" directly away from the attacker. Roll distance once for all models affected. Models thrown do not deviate. Move models furtherest from the attacker first. Instead of suffering blast damage, models hit but not directly hit suffer non-blast damage equal to half the weapon's POW. Collateral damage is equal to half the weapon's POW.
- Steam Pressure - If movement is forfeited for aiming, this weapon gains a short range increase.
- Battle Mace - 2" range, P+S 16 melee weapon
- Warjack - All warjacks share the same set of special rules. Most notably being big and stompy.
- Construct - This model is a construct and is not a living model.
- Tried & True - If this model would be repaired, that value is increased a small amount.
Thoughts on Mule
Mule in a nutshell
The Mule provides Mercenary players with a versatile heavy warjack packing a powerful ranged weapon. It has a medium AoE (almost twice the area of a small one) and Critical Devastation is fun whenever it goes off.
Combos & Synergies
Drawbacks and Downsides
- Its melee game is poor - the weapon simply doesn't have enough POW.
- It has the DEF of a Khadoran heavy and ARM of a Cygnaran heavy. In short the only reason it doesn't go down easily is because its range keeps it safe from a lot of stuff.
- Unless you get a lot of work out of Critical Devastation Rocinante has enough of a longer threat range to get an extra turn of firing - and Rocinante's melee game is vastly superior.
Tricks and Tips
- Hang back, aim and shoot. You're not going to want to charge with the Mule so use your Power Up focus to boost your shooting to give you a better chance for that critical hit.
Changes from Mk2
How can I include this model in my army?
To include this mercenary warjack in your army, it must be controlled by one of the following warcasters or marshals. Thus, to include this jack you first need to find a controller that works for your army.
Theme Forces this is a member of
For a Mercenary warjack to be taken in a Theme Force, not only does the 'jack have to meet the theme criteria but it's controller does too. With that in mind, Mule can be taken in:
Other Mercenary models
| Mercenary - Faction models (Edit)
Rules Clarification : Arcing Fire (Edit)
- Arcing Fire lets you ignore models but not terrain. You don't ignore clouds, forests or buildings.
Rules Clarification : Devastation (Edit)
- This is not a Power Attack Throw, it just causes models to be thrown. As such, it can be used against friendly models.
- Refer to the Throw article for more.
Rules Clarification : Warjack (Edit)
- Please refer to the Warjack page for a recap of the warjack rules, and the very few associated Infernal Rulings.
Rules Clarification : Construct - None yet. (Edit)