To look upon a mountain king is to see the primal essence of the troll: hunger, rage, and the strength of nature. Set loose upon the world, these great trolls shake the ground with their tread and sunder granite with their roars. Mountain kings, who seek to satisfy an appetite incomprehensible to lesser creatures, now walk Caen again after millennia of imprisonment below the earth. Their awakening can mean only desperation—or madness—on the part of the trollkin.
Weapons and Attacks
- Deathly Roar - Average range, high POW spray.
- Deafen - Models hit with this weapon get a DEF debuff and cant give or receive orders for a round.
- Big Meaty Fist (Left) - Long range, very high P+S.
- Big Meaty Fist (Righ) - Long range, very high P+S.
- Gargantuan - Gargantuans are giant warbeasts, even bigger and stompier than normal. They all share a stack of standard special rules.
- Assault - This model may make a ranged attack as part of its charge.
- Pathfinder - This model treats rough terrain as open terrain while advancing. While charging, slam power attacking, or trample power attacking, this model does not stop its movement when it contacts an obstacle.
- Bulldoze - When this model is B2B with an enemy model during its Normal Movement, it can push that model up to 2" directly away from it. A model can be pushed by Bulldoze only once per activation. Bulldoze has no effect when this model makes a trample power attack.
- Kill Shot - Once per activation, after killing an enemy model in melee, this model can make a free ranged attack.
- Snacking - If this model boxes a living model with an attack it may optionally remove it from play and heal d3 damage points.
- Whelp Shedding - Any time this model is damaged by an enemy attack, except during its own activation, place a Troll Whelp into play.
- Rage - Range 6", Cost 2 Friendly Faction warbeast gains +3 STR. Rage lasts for 1 turn.
Thoughts on Mountain King
Mountain King in a nutshell
The Mountain King is a colossal that provides the centrepiece of any Trollblood army it's in. The spray and the kill shot to wreck stuff, an animus to help it and other beasts wreck stuff, and then pounding the enemies to a pulp. It smashes.
Combos & Synergies
- Krielstone - any tough model wants help from one.
- A skirmish screen - the Mountain King does not like receiving charges.
- Trollkin Warders - the Mountain King is a big target.
Drawbacks & Downsides
- The Mountain King is a big and debuffable target.
- It really needs all its fury cleared off it
Tricks & Tips
- Rage is probably worth casting on it with your warlock.
Comparison to Mk2
A few improvements.
Theme Forces this is a member of
Other faction models
|Trollblood - Minion models (Edit)|
|Warlocks|| Bloody Barnabas - Calaban - Helga - Jaga-Jaga - Lord Carver - Maelok - Midas - Rask - Sturm & Drang|
Requires a 2+ warlock game
|Other Controllers|| Lesser Warlocks: Brun & Lug - Dahlia & Skarath - Rorsh & Brine - Wrongeye & Snapjaw
|Warjacks & Warbeasts||The minion battlegroup members you can include in a Trollblood army depends entirely on what type of model is commanding them. There are too many permutations to list here, please refer to one of the model entries above for full details of what minions it can control.|
|Units, Solos, & Battle Engines|
|Units||Bog Trog Ambushers - Croak Raiders - Bone Grinders - Brigands - Commandos - Razorback Crew - Slaughterhousers - Bokur & Swamp Shamblers - Gatorman Posse - Gobber Bellows|
|Solos||Mist Speaker - Bog Trog Trawler - Croak Hunter - Efaarit Scouts - Feralgeist - Witch Doctor - Gobber Tinker - Gremlin Swarm - Ogrun Bokur - Gobber Chef - Thrullg - Totem Hunter|
|Battle Engines||Meat Thresher|
|Trollbloods - Theme Forces (Edit)|
|Band of Heroes - Power of Dhunia|